Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moving Crawford- REP!!!

The Great One

Default Moving Crawford- REP!!!

OK I thought I made a post about this but I don't see it.

Looking at moving:
    Crawford/Henrique
    For
    Saaros/Neal/E Lindholm

* Team and league in sig

Moving Crawford doesn't kill my one year chances. I'll have Andersen and mike smith (who I think will be fine short term) as my 1-2 which leaves some solid spot starts for koorpisalo and saaros. I like to think it strengthens my pipeline.
    Adding neal and especially lindholm would be huge for me. A) I own th3m in my other l3ague and am a fan and B) they'd be upgrading guys like Janick Hansen and Perron who are in my active lineup. I recently traded Hertl and toffoli in a bad trade (got very rask and Kirill Kaprizov back though in the farm system). Net result is a huge gain.
    Cap wise neal is expensive but I can afford it (easily) and his production would be an upgrade to my active roster.
    Ive always lik3d h3nrique- am I selling him short here?

This is a blockbuster and I know cc is the best player but I feel good bout it. I n33d clarity because I BOTCHED my first trade. Does make sense tho? I just need to know I'm not getting gutted lol!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Moving Crawford- REP!!!

Generally I like your return as Saros will most likely see his role increase and provided quality numbers also in spot duty. The big question though is wether you'd have to drop someone because it's a 2 for 3 deal. Or can you put Saros or Lindholm on your farm? If not, who would you drop?

I think now is a good time to look for a return for Henrique if you can get something at all. With Zacha emerging (last seasons numbers are not too impressive on first glance but he certainly had things going in the stretch run), the addition of Johanson and maybe also Hischier making the squad, he might not even be a top 6 guy any more and won't get too much PP time, either.

Just my two cents....
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Wizard

I wouldn't do it. Neal has 1 year left before he's UFA and could get a huge contract. I like Lindholm but he's not worth Crawford.

Ask for one stud forward in return for Crawford. Once you have that part figured out, you can add secondary pieces like Henrique, Lindholm and Saros there.

Dobber Sports Sage

I like the idea of moving Crawford. With Hammer, Hossa, and Kruger leaving, Chicago has lost its best defensive, defensemen and its two best defensive forwards. Chicago already had been giving up a lot of shots the last couple seasons and it is going to get worse.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like this deal. Neal could play himself into a big time contract next season though, so be prepared to do some wheeling and dealing with him down the road.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Not sure why you'd want to move out Crawford when a Crawford/Andersen combo is a fantastic combo in the crease. Sarros is an interesting piece, but I think you're giving up the best piece to get less impactful players in their position.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he thinks Mike Smith is going to do well in Calgary.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandals View Post
    I think he thinks Mike Smith is going to do well in Calgary.
    My Bad, I read over the Mike Smith acquisition part and didn't see him in the sig.

I'm less inclined to have a ton of faith in Smith and Calgary for that matter. That said, MAN OH MAN is that blue line full! That may just be what the doctor ordered for Smith. I'm just not going to bet money on it.

So it makes a bit more sense to me (if you think Smith will do well) to move a Crawford. Saros is a nice depth move behind Smith and Andersen (both of which seem to be plagued by 1 or 2 injuries throughout a season. But it would come down to when you think Saros will become a fantasy factor for me. Because if either Smith/Andersen go down to injury or Smith Fails to impress, I think you've hindered what could be a fantastic crease with Smith as your wildcard #3 going into this season.

Good luck!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I am glad to hear there is someone else out there who isn't quite as sold on Smith. Thought I was the only one for a while!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would much rather move Smith and keep Crawford. I have no faith in Smith either. The Calgary 'D' is great but I'm not sure Smith will be a huge success even there. Maybe Lack outplays him or they acquire another goalie mid-season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hooray, more people saying that. Okay, I am not crazy. Or maybe I am and I just have company.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Geez... With Johnson, Elliott, Hiller, Ortio, Ramo, Backstrom and MacDonald all assuming the crease at some point since 2015... Calgary is turning into a worse version of Philly! lol (maybe not worse... but worse tender carousel)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That's why many people thought Bishop was a good fit in Calgary. Finally a stable goaltender there instead of a bunch of bandaid solutions.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I would want more than that coming back to deal Crawford.

The Great One

Well I'm a believer in smith. An indecisive verdict is better than a landslide against - lol! Would acquiring lack in a separate deal inspire more confidence in this deal?