Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Today's rumours- Methot, TVR, Duchene on the move?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Today's rumours- Methot, TVR, Duchene on the move?

I'm ~shocked~ that there were a ton of rumors that deals were already done waiting for the trade freeze to lift and not one single trade has happened. Just ~shocked~!

(Peyton Manning Statefarm Jingle) ~Kick the can just down the road~.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    I'm still holding out hope Philly makes a move for Pickard. He's showed very well behind some horrible defenses. I know its a HFboard trade but I'd like to see

Philly give

2nd pick + Nuevy (GMGM connection)

for

6th + 15th + Pickard

Win Win for both teams
    Regarding VGK acquiring Neuvirth by dealing Pickard, I suppose it's possible but seems like it might be a tough pill for GMGM to swallow. Would leave Vegas (at least, at the moment) with a 29 year old and 32 year old in net, when they might want to be casting at least one eye a bit further out on the horizon by having a young'in they view as their goalie of the future.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with Berube? I mean, I know the general perception at this point. But he's 25. Any chance of any sort of revitalization there or has that ship just sailed?
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    I'm still holding out hope Philly makes a move for Pickard. He's showed very well behind some horrible defenses. I know its a HFboard trade but I'd like to see

Philly give

2nd pick + Nuevy (GMGM connection)

for

6th + 15th + Pickard

Win Win for both teams
    I don't mind Pickerd but I gotta disagree with you myself. No way I want to see the Flyers move a stud prospect when they could probably pick up Bernier or Elliot etc. on a stopgap deal.

Patrick/Hischier and Bernier/Elliot/Mrazek?>>>>>Glass/Vilardi/15thetc and Pickard
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm ~shocked~ that there were a ton of rumors that deals were already done waiting for the trade freeze to lift and not one single trade has happened. Just ~shocked~!

(Peyton Manning Statefarm Jingle) ~Kick the can just down the road~.
    TVR has been moved to Carolina
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Regarding VGK acquiring Neuvirth by dealing Pickard, I suppose it's possible but seems like it might be a tough pill for GMGM to swallow. Would leave Vegas (at least, at the moment) with a 29 year old and 32 year old in net, when they might want to be casting at least one eye a bit further out on the horizon by having a young'in they view as their goalie of the future.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with Berube? I mean, I know the general perception at this point. But he's 25. Any chance of any sort of revitalization there or has that ship just sailed?
    I don't think Vegas is gonna go the NYI route and roll the three headed goalie situation (even though it would be ironic for Berube). So that means Berube would have to clear waivers. Does he clear waivers without sombody taking a flier on him?
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey

Dobber Sports Jedi

Get the feeling these trades are intentionally going to be released throughout the day. Keep fans in suspense & Golden Knights in the forefront of the media and minds
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I posted an armchair GM trade on capfriendly this morning that had Vegas sending Methot and 6th overall to Dallas for Dickenson, their 3rd overall, and another pair of picks, 2nd and 4th I believe, with Vegas retaining a small portion of Methot's contract (~500k... small portion, ha.) Would either team object to that? basically Dallas paying Dickenson, and a couple picks for Methot, and moving back to get the guy they want.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    I posted an armchair GM trade on capfriendly this morning that had Vegas sending Methot and 6th overall to Dallas for Dickenson, their 3rd overall, and another pair of picks, 2nd and 4th I believe, with Vegas retaining a small portion of Methot's contract (~500k... small portion, ha.) Would either team object to that? basically Dallas paying Dickenson, and a couple picks for Methot, and moving back to get the guy they want.
    Methot and 6 for 3 seems like more then enough. I don't see Methot worth more than that, considering nobody has any idea what exactly he is when not playing with the best defenceman in the world. Some metrics indicate it's going to be downright scary.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Peng Cuh-razy Speculative Crackpot Theory of the Day:
    Vegas will hold Methot... until... exactly January 1st - and deal him back to Ottawa.

Just finished reading the article about Methot having all other 6 Canadian teams on his no-trade list.
    I'm just... scratching my head. OK, I know he's an Ottawa guy... but if you can only pick 10 teams... wouldn't you still want to be in Canada and maybe pick 10 shitty southern US teams to avoid.
    Not sure of his personal situation, but I'd think if he soooo loves Ottawa, he'd rather stay close if he's forced to be trade.

I... don't know...
    It's fishy... when you smell fish... somethings fishy...

So now... I'm wondering if the "secret is out" - among the NHL.
    GMGM took him hoping to ransom Ottawa.
    Ottawa says "You aren't ransoming us".
    Other GMs may also know that Methot loves Ottawa - these things leak... and aren't ready to offer significant pieces to VGK...
    ...knowing Methot is pure rental (2yr contract) and that he is steadfast on returning to Ottawa eventually.

So... in the end... VGK/OTT play a game of cat & mouse negotiating fair-return-value for Methot... on January 1st.
    Both GMs eventually get absolutely tired of it and it starts to leak and affect both locker-rooms until they finally agree on something...
    And pull the trade, on January 1st.

ConspiracyTheoryOver.