Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vegas Brainstorming- are we gonna see something unprecedented??

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Vegas Brainstorming- are we gonna see something unprecedented??

Now that the trade freeze is in place, we know that Vegas has a great situation in front of them. Teams like MIN, ANA, NYR, OTT were not able to make trades to help with their situation on who to protect, so either Vegas will get good players from those teams or they'll get good picks and prospects instead so that they don't take those players. Either way, things are looking really good for Vegas right now.

The Great One

I think GMGM was always going TO play hard ball and now he has a chance to extract full value
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Guru

Can't believe more of these teams didn't work with each other to avoid giving up solid assets.
    Now VGN have all the leverage.

These lists should be interesting. I wonder how many picks they'll have.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Pro

I am not shocked at all. The rules require Vegas to select 14/9/3 F/D/G, plus they have to get to 60% of the cap AND they can only select one player form each team. Yes you mention the the 3-4 teams that might lose a good player, but those may be the teams with a deal in place.

Many GMs were resigned to the fact that they may lose some talent in the draft but no one is getting crushed by any means. A lot of teams have also exposed players with salaries willing to lose the talent to free up some space.

When this is all said and done, Vegas will have a mediocre collection at best, and 1 or 2 teams will me upset that they were the hardest hit.

The biggest move may be Vegas grabbing Vatanen and flipping him for better immediate help, or grabbing Clarkson and garnering a bonus 1st round pick.
    The biggest shock may be who is passed over AKA Mr. Fleury if a deal cannot be worked out or they prefer a different goalie/PIT option.

And now.......we wait.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Chuk View Post
    I am not shocked at all. The rules require Vegas to select 14/9/3 F/D/G, plus they have to get to 60% of the cap AND they can only select one player form each team. Yes you mention the the 3-4 teams that might lose a good player, but those may be the teams with a deal in place.

Many GMs were resigned to the fact that they may lose some talent in the draft but no one is getting crushed by any means. A lot of teams have also exposed players with salaries willing to lose the talent to free up some space.

When this is all said and done, Vegas will have a mediocre collection at best, and 1 or 2 teams will me upset that they were the hardest hit.

The biggest move may be Vegas grabbing Vatanen and flipping him for better immediate help, or grabbing Clarkson and garnering a bonus 1st round pick.
    The biggest shock may be who is passed over AKA Mr. Fleury if a deal cannot be worked out or they prefer a different goalie/PIT option.

And now.......we wait.
    Why flip vat for more "immediate help"? Young enough to keep or trade for futures. I think k they end up with Theodore somehow makes too much sense. I'm hearing upwards of 5 1sts between the next two years. If you can get a decent core with a few home runs like marchessault, dumba, de haan (I'm skeptical here though) - maybe guys like Sam steel and bjorkstrand- I think you're laughing if you're McPhee. I'm not seeing too many years of mediocrity looking at the initial lists. Obviously time will tell but I feel like werecommend looking at different lists- lol!

Dobber Sports Novice

How does these side deals actually work? So, VKG picks Haula from Wild in Expansion Draft, and gets Tuch and a draft pick for "free" (leaves Dumba etc. unpicked).
    "Free" I mean that VKG doesn't have to give anything back to Wild? How are these registrated by NHL? Don't they always have to move players or picks in both ways?
    C: Matthews, Aho, Malkin, Lindholm, Dubois, Trocheck
    LW: Landeskog, Hintz, Marchessault, Pacioretty
    RW: Reinhart, Wilson, E.Kane,
    D: Nurse, DeAngelo, Trouba, Seider
    G: Lehner, Jarry, Talbot, Smith
    IR: Hamilton

H2H 10 teams
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR
    (G),(A), (+/-), (PIM), (PPP), (SHP), (GWG), (SOG), (FW), (HIT)
    (W), (GAA), (SV), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by pzabbar View Post
    How does these side deals actually work? So, VKG picks Haula from Wild in Expansion Draft, and gets Tuch and a draft pick for "free" (leaves Dumba etc. unpicked).
    "Free" I mean that VKG doesn't have to give anything back to Wild? How are these registrated by NHL? Don't they always have to move players or picks in both ways?
    that's pretty much how it works... and worked in the previous expansion draft. This is approved by the league. you can look at it a different way. -- Vegas selects Brodin - trades him back to Wild for Haula & Tuch and only announce the final product
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Novice

Ok, Thanks, lucafen4. That "trade" Brodin for Haula&Tuch was how I also explained it to myself. I just wasn't sure how league is reacting on these...

H2H 10 teams
    C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

They don't need to move players or picks both ways. There are lots of deals where the other side only gets "future considerations" which probably just means that the other GM is buying beers. There's nothing against trading players away for free.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    They don't need to move players or picks both ways. There are lots of deals where the other side only gets "future considerations" which probably just means that the other GM is buying beers. There's nothing against trading players away for free.
    That's new to me. I always thought there was to be 2 way movement. It has been like that before, right?

H2H 10 teams

Dobber Sports Wizard

That's new to me. I always thought there was to be 2 way movement. It has been like that before, right?
    It's been like this for as long as I can remember but I guess it could have been different in the past.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/w...onsiderations/
    The Arizona Coyotes have acquired forward Teemu Pulkkinen from the Minnesota Wild in exchange for future considerations.

Dobber Sports Ninja

All they have to do is hit the Force Trade button.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Jedi

The Leafs, well the Marlies acquired Cal O'Rielly last year from the Sabres for absolutely nothing, no future considerations or anything. He was brought in to help an AHL playoff run, UFA end of season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The Leafs, well the Marlies acquired Cal O'Rielly last year from the Sabres for absolutely nothing, no future considerations or anything. He was brought in to help an AHL playoff run, UFA end of season.
    ^That was more of a loan than a trade though. He was still Buffalo property, and was getting better experience with the Marlies.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)