Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: [Report] Hawks about to trade core piece?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: [Report] Hawks about to trade core piece?

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Take Toronto for example. Who do they drop to make room for Kruger? And then what do they give to Chicago to get him? And could they re-sign Boyle as a UFA for half the price?
    I think that's just it... as attractive as Kruger would be to multiple teams.. they won't trade for him pre-expansion draft because they would then need to expose another player - that they don't want to expose. That pretty much leaves LV and maybe a couple bottom feeder teams without a lot of players to protect (Vancouver?) available to take him.. and uninterested in taking him
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Also I think Vegas are in a luxurious position where teams will want rid of the likes of Kruger, Fleury etc not because they are necessarily bad players but because cap hit dictates so making teams sweat and then acquiring additional assets with them makes perfect sense
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Interesting thread here.
    Just to expand, when one person says "core"... is it the same as another person's "core"?
    Could Kruger alone be this "core"?

I don't think one playoff series slump makes the CHI template needing of an overhaul.
    I think they are just fine continuing as they have... keep the big 7 (3F,3D,1G) and fix the pieces around them.
    There's some decent patchwork youth.

I could see them drafting Kruger (on agreement) and ALSO being thrown TVR (as sweetener) to not touch Pokka.
    On a 1-100 ranking...
    Maybe they see them as

63 Pokka
    59 TVR
    58 Kruger

So maybe two sub-Pokka type players is enough to avoid drafting Pokka (who I think is the best available guy via draft).
    I'd also have to think that maybe CHI is going to throw a pick in as well.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Take Toronto for example. Who do they drop to make room for Kruger? And then what do they give to Chicago to get him? And could they re-sign Boyle as a UFA for half the price?
    That's a good point and one I did not consider. Also, I was mistaken in that Kruger has 2 years left on his contract. For some reason I thought it was only one. Taking both of these into consideration, I can see why no one offered anything for Kruger.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

no mention of Anisimov being moved?

Be hard to move Seabrook without getting a dman in return.
    NA Hockey League 16 team H2H league multicat
    2010/2011 2014/2015 Champs

Saad, Kesler, Monahan, Ladd, T. Johnson, Hoffman, Neiderrieter, D. Sedin, O'Reilly, Hudler

Wideman, Barrie, Stralman, Muzzin, Enstrom, Vatanen

Miller, Lack, Elliot

Dobber Sports Jedi

Chi said they're not moving Seabrook.... Anisimov arrives - Kane goes otherworldly production wise in two straight years, yep Panarin also arrived, but you need a C on that line too.

it seems pretty settled it's Kruger & TVR to LV... but nothing will be announced as 'official' until July 21
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Chi said they're not moving Seabrook.... Anisimov arrives - Kane goes otherworldly production wise in two straight years, yep Panarin also arrived, but you need a C on that line too.

it seems pretty settled it's Kruger & TVR to LV... but nothing will be announced as 'official' until July 21
    From what I hear it could be Hjamlarsson since he has a limited trade clause and 2 more seasons of a below-market contract. If this happens because of Seabrook's ridiculous contract then it will be the lowest point in Bowman's regime. And it will be sickening if they trade him for picks to "make a splash" in the draft because it's in Chicago.

Panarin for assets is the trade to make.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post

Dobber Sports Grand Master

From what I hear it could be Hjamlarsson since he has a limited trade clause and 2 more seasons of a below-market contract. If this happens because of Seabrook's ridiculous contract then it will be the lowest point in Bowman's regime. And it will be sickening if they trade him for picks to "make a splash" in the draft because it's in Chicago.

Trading Hjalmarsson, no matter what they get back, makes Chicago worse next season. He's far an away their 2nd best defenceman and the drop off to #3 is pretty big. They don't have the depth to replace that.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love watching Panarin and Kane make magic on the ice. I still have some hope that the players take the escalator and they only need to trade Kruger.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Don't get me wrong, I love watching Panarin and Kane make magic on the ice. I still have some hope that the players take the escalator and they only need to trade Kruger.
    Based on Bob McKenzie's tweets from 4 days ago, it sounds like the cap will rise a little at least.
    Upper limit of the cap is currently $73M. NHLPA is currently in internal discussion on whether to add 5% inflator, which has been customary.

NHLPA internal debate is whether to apply full 5% inflator or some lesser number than 5 but greater than zero. Virtually no chance it's 0.

Outside of any growth prediction, or lack thereof, from NHL, a 2% inflator would add about $1.4M to the current upper limit.

In any case, NHL is hoping NHLPA makes inflator decision no later than next 5 or 6 days. Everyone in hockey eager to see next season cap #.