Thread: [Rumor] Mike Bossy offers trade idea for Islanders/Habs for Tavares

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Rumor] Mike Bossy offers trade idea for Islanders/Habs for Tavares

Personally I think this would be a steal for the for the Habs.

http://www.bardown.com/former-island...vares-1.769445

Former New York Islanders forward Mike Bossy has proposed the team make a massive trade that would put an end to the John Tavares drama.

The franchise center has been the subject of multiple trade rumors and his future with the team remains uncertain. Bossy, who is regarded by most as the greatest player in franchise history, has come up with a trade that would send the Ontario native to Montreal for a handful of talent.

During a discussion with Jean-Charles on the air with 91.9 Sports, Bossy suggested the Isles send Tavares to the Canadiens for forward Alex Galchenyuk, defenceman Mikhail Sergachev, goaltender Charlie Lindgren and this year?s first round pick.

Both Galchenyuk and Sergachev are former first-round picks, while Lindgren had a solid 2016-2017 campaign with the St. John?s Ice Caps. Clearly Bossy sees Tavares as a blue chip to create a more balanced Islanders team.

The last trade of this magnitude came when the Nashville Predators and Montreal Canadiens swapped defencemen Shea Weber and P.K. Subban, and even that would seem miniscule to this. Considering the latter is in need of a number-one center and has demonstrated a willingness to strike a huge deal before, is a trade like this completely out of the question?

Time will tell when Tavares is finally ready to call a place his long-term home. In the meantime sit back, relax, and enjoy the Stanley Cup Final.
    The offseason is just around the corner.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: [Rumor] Mike Bossy offers trade idea for Islanders/Habs for Tavares

As a habs fan i would love this trade. U pay a high price but you get the best player in the deal. Please give him to us

Dobber Sports Ace

THats an interesting trade, but I think losing JT is not what the isles franchise needs

Dobber Sports Master

well , that came out of left field .

I might print in out and use that instead of paper towel in my birds cage tommorrow .

Dobber Sports Deity

Mike Bossy talking to the media came out of left field. When was the last time he was quoted for anything?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

too expensive for 1 year of john tavares from the habs side, i would want a long extension then maybe.

good haul for the islanders if john isn't coming back.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    too expensive for 1 year of john tavares from the habs side, i would want a long extension then maybe.

good haul for the islanders if john isn't coming back.
    I agree that is a lot if he's not going to sign.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not a fan of that at all for either team, really. Not sure why he thinks NYI would be interested in Lindgren. MTL would be signing off on a full-blown rebuild set for 1-4 years from now, at Tavares' departure or Weber's collapse.

Dobber Sports Ace

That's way too much for Tavares.

Montreal would be getting fleeced on that deal.

Tavares is good, however I think his best production years are probably already behind him. Galcheneyuk amd Sergachev are both top end prospects that could turn around the fortunes of a bad team, reeeeaaal quick.

Canadiens need to stop making trades.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

The Great One

In my head this makes sense but also doesn't - Montreal doesn't need Lindgren but I'm not sure the aisles do either with Sorokin in the system, Sergachev I think Montreal needs more than the Isles do but then Pulock just can't seem to stick so maybe the isles do as I'm not sure who their pp quarterback may be moving forward (right now seems like a lot of square pegs and round holes but maybe I'm being harsh), Galchenyuk would step into a great opportunity but would the isles have the forward depth to support him if he was a main guy?

Definitely seems about right if Montreal can tie him up long term and moving Plecanek into a secondary role would make sense but a lot of ifs
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    That's way too much for Tavares.

Montreal would be getting fleeced on that deal.

Tavares is good, however I think his best production years are probably already behind him. Galcheneyuk amd Sergachev are both top end prospects that could turn around the fortunes of a bad team, reeeeaaal quick.

Canadiens need to stop making trades.
    Galchenyuk isn't a prospect anymore. He's gone through his ELC contract and a bridge contract.

I do agree with a few others that Lindgren in this deal makes little sense but can you ever really have too many goalies?

Dobber Sports Giant

Hehe, I listen to "Jean-Charles en Liberte" all the time on my way home from work on 91.9 and Bossy is one of the regular guests. I respect what he did on the ice but when it comes to hockey deals and players nowadays, he's not on the ball.

I heard this trade idea live last week and I laughed. He didn't even know all of the names involved when he was mentioning it. In some cases, when he's referring to a player, he's going to say "le p'tit jeune" (translation: that young one)! He has no idea what the cap implications are or even contract lengths for that matter making his propositions nothing more than radio chatter.

Like I said, totally respect the guy for what he did back in the day, but when he's a guest on this show, it's more often than not to jibber jabber about the latest news in the hockey world rather than to elaborate on in depth trade analyses.

PS: they were also talking about "what if we won the Crosby lottery that year" and "would Crosby still be a Hab today" and "how many cups would we have since 2005"... Just a bunch of speculative talk!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Genius

Great fantasy hockey deal but not sure about this deal in the real world. Seems like a tad too much imo.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Mike Bossy talking to the media came out of left field. When was the last time he was quoted for anything?
    .....Mike Bossy has been working for TVA Sports for the past 2-3 seasons. He's in the media basically every day.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hehe, I listen to "Jean-Charles en Liberte" all the time on my way home from work on 91.9 and Bossy is one of the regular guests. I respect what he did on the ice but when it comes to hockey deals and players nowadays, he's not on the ball.

I heard this trade idea live last week and I laughed. He didn't even know all of the names involved when he was mentioning it. In some cases, when he's referring to a player, he's going to say "le p'tit jeune" (translation: that young one)! He has no idea what the cap implications are or even contract lengths for that matter making his propositions nothing more than radio chatter.

Like I said, totally respect the guy for what he did back in the day, but when he's a guest on this show, it's more often than not to jibber jabber about the latest news in the hockey world rather than to elaborate on in depth trade analyses.

PS: they were also talking about "what if we won the Crosby lottery that year" and "would Crosby still be a Hab today" and "how many cups would we have since 2005"... Just a bunch of speculative talk!
    Agreed. He's much better when he speaks for in-game aspects on TVA Sports than when he's on the radio talking about well like you said jibber jabber.
    twitter: @hugotwigg