Thread: Rumor: Eberle for Hamonic

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Rumor: Eberle for Hamonic

Islanders dont want to expose a d man and need a forward to play with Tavares. Oilers (like most teams) need depth at defense. Thoughts?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Rumor: Eberle for Hamonic

Rumor from where??

Dobber Sports Sage

Edmonton would be very fortunate if they could close that deal. It would be great for them on multiple levels.

There have been so many bullshit rumors about Hamonic the past two years that it is difficult to believe this isnt another one.

Dobber Sports Monster

id be impressed if they pulled it off but i doubt it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Is this a 2015 rumor?
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Administrator

This is speculation, not rumor.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Agree with Jhouly... But it continues to make sense for both teams...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think the Islanders are more likely to trade Pulock than Hamonic. Maybe Pulock for Eberle could work if Edmonton eats like $2M of Eberle's salary per season? He only has two years left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    Is this a 2015 rumor?
    LOL! I had to check the posting date as well. Seems like we've heard this one before.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

I think eberle could be had for a ham sandwich so thats wishful thinking on edmontons part if true--I prefer the isles-avs chatter towards Duchene

if snow cant get a deal for Duchene before expansion lists are due I wouldnt be surprised if he protected 5 d , 3 f ,1 g which would steer vegas towards choosing one of nelson/strome/bailey/cizikas etc..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I think eberle could be had for a ham sandwich so thats wishful thinking on edmontons part if true--I prefer the isles-avs chatter towards Duchene

if snow cant get a deal for Duchene before expansion lists are due I wouldnt be surprised if he protected 5 d , 3 f ,1 g which would steer vegas towards choosing one of nelson/strome/bailey/cizikas etc..
    If you believe what Dreger said on last nights Insider Trading, there are "offers on the table but nothings he's willing to accept yet" for Eberle so I think it's safe to say it will take more than a ham sandwich to get him. Of course none of us will know what the offers really are, but it wouldn't surprise me that teams are trying to lowball Chiarelli and he's not having any of it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

eberle-hamonic has been refried , microwaved between isles fans / oilers fans on various boards for at least 3 years now .

Chiarelli's jock strap is still hanging in the rafters after Snow deeked him out in the G.Reinhart deal so he's probably looking to save face here

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    I think the Islanders are more likely to trade Pulock than Hamonic. Maybe Pulock for Eberle could work if Edmonton eats like $2M of Eberle's salary per season? He only has two years left.
    I agree that all three are probably on the table (hamonic,de haan,pulock)but only one would be dealt ; the other 4 naturally protected .If isles are willing to risk losing one of nelson/strome then they would probably protect the 5 d /3 f (jt/ladd/lee) if nothing gets done before expansion freeze.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    eberle-hamonic has been refried , microwaved between isles fans / oilers fans on various boards for at least 3 years now .

Chiarelli's jock strap is still hanging in the rafters after Snow deeked him out in the G.Reinhart deal so he's probably looking to save face here
    Meh, we are basing that Reinhart trade on "what may be". None of the players involved have done much of anything at the NHL level yet. I've said it many times, you have to take those gambles. Some will pay off, some won't. Until we see Barzal in the NHL we really can't assess that trade. Not to mention, it's not like Reinhart is a complete write off at this point (although he's certainly running out of time IMO).

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Meh, we are basing that Reinhart trade on "what may be". None of the players involved have done much of anything at the NHL level yet. I've said it many times, you have to take those gambles. Some will pay off, some won't. Until we see Barzal in the NHL we really can't assess that trade. Not to mention, it's not like Reinhart is a complete write off at this point (although he's certainly running out of time IMO).
    they added just a bit of sauce to the oilers 2nd to move up for another 1st round pick so I see it as Barzal and Beauviller .

I was a big supporter of Griffin and hoped he could be a rock on the isles blueline - thought he could at least be a Chris Phillips jack of all trades kind of guy . I hope he can still make it .....