Thread: Crosby 2016-17 highlights

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Crosby 2016-17 highlights

He won the Rocket Richard.

He's in the running for the Hart.

He's 3 games away from lifting his 3rd cup...

I understand there is no "I" in team but there is one in Sidney Crosby and there's also one in Amazing which is what Crosby has been this year! Love him or hate him, he truly is a rare talent and he deserves to be considered as one of the greatest who have played this game!

Here's a nicely edited clip of his incredible 2016-17 regular season exploits (which actually plays out like a compilation of highlights that would span an entire career):

Enjoy!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Crosby 2016-17 highlights

Forgot to add that he also became the 86th player in the history of the NHL to reach the 1,000 pts plateau (currently sits as the 77th all-time leader in pts) and that he was the 12th youngest to do so I believe.

He's also in line for another Conn Smythe trophy if he keeps propelling the Pens forward.

2016-17 has been shadowed by his ''2'' concussions but when you look at the numbers and potential awards at hand, you can clearly see that it truly was a special year for him!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    He won the Rocket Richard.

He's in the running for the Hart.

He's 3 games away from lifting his 3rd cup...

I understand there is no "I" in team but there is one in Sidney Crosby and there's also one in Amazing which is what Crosby has been this year! Love him or hate him, he truly is a rare talent and he deserves to be considered as one of the greatest who have played this game!

Here's a nicely edited clip of his incredible 2016-17 regular season exploits (which actually plays out like a compilation of highlights that would span an entire career):

Enjoy!
    I have been fighting the urge all day to come in here and post a video that has Oiler's fans chanting McDavid's better... but I won't haha.

As you mentioned either love him or hate him to have to respect his skill. Nice video... there are just so many things I wish were different... but I won't get into them here. An no its not that I wish he was a Flyer.. haha.

Dobber Sports Giant

Hehe do tell what you would like to be different. This is not Crosby's temple of worship page... it's a just a video about his 2016-17 exploits

Ps: the McDavid video by the same dude is not as good as the Crosby one but it's still enjoyable:

Minors:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think one of the biggest "what ifs" of Crosby's career (other than the concussion stuff obviously) is gonna be "what if he just shot the puck more".

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think one of the biggest "what ifs" of Crosby's career (other than the concussion stuff obviously) is gonna be "what if he just shot the puck more".
    For sure! The guy has been shooting on net about 250 times per season over the past 4 years (999 total SOG) and has averaged around a 14.4% S% over that span (his career total is 14.7%). If he shot 1 more time per game, at that rate, he would have something like 10-11 goals more per season. Realistically, say he just gets 40 extra shots in the year, he'd still be looking at flirting with 40 goals on a given season since he tends to hover in the mid-to-high 30's!

Then again, I guess everything is relative since we can also say that if he opted to shoot rather than pass, he might get less assists, hence remain at the same total points...

Minors: