Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [Rumour] Oshie close to re-signing in WSH

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: [Rumour] Oshie close to re-signing in WSH

Caps GM said that they have begun talking with Oshie but they have not yet discussed any numbers. This was at his press conference this morning.

I would also doubt that any NHL team will have deals in place for UFAs and keep them secret until after the expansion draft. This would be frowned about greatly by the NHL.

Tom Gulitti‏Verified account @TomGulittiNHL 29m29 minutes ago
    More
    MacLellan said they've had only general discussions with Oshie. Have not talked numbers yet.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Caps GM said that they have begun talking with Oshie but they have not yet discussed any numbers. This was at his press conference this morning.

I would also doubt that any NHL team will have deals in place for UFAs and keep them secret until after the expansion draft. This would be frowned about greatly by the NHL.

Tom Gulitti‏Verified account @TomGulittiNHL 29m29 minutes ago
    More
    MacLellan said they've had only general discussions with Oshie. Have not talked numbers yet.
    With this rumour floating around, he has to come out say this... to avoid those exact optics.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

So if Washington leaves Oshie unprotected, Vegas will have 3 days to negotiate a contract with him. If they agree on a deal Oshie will be Vegas' selection from Washington.

But if Washington and Oshie have a 'deal' worked out, Washington could expose him and protect one more player. Oshie could then decline Vegas and sign with Washington....or wait another 10 days or so and become a UFA.

Or Vegas could work out another 'deal' with Oshie, select a player from Washington and close the deal with Oshie on July 1st. That scenario is more unlikely.

I can't find anything about Oshie signing with Washington during those 3 days that Vegas can negotiate with him too. Is that allowed?

Lots of trickery will be played in June.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    So if Washington leaves Oshie unprotected, Vegas will have 3 days to negotiate a contract with him. If they agree on a deal Oshie will be Vegas' selection from Washington.

But if Washington and Oshie have a 'deal' worked out, Washington could expose him and protect one more player. Oshie could then decline Vegas and sign with Washington....or wait another 10 days or so and become a UFA.

Or Vegas could work out another 'deal' with Oshie, select a player from Washington and close the deal with Oshie on July 1st. That scenario is more unlikely.

I can't find anything about Oshie signing with Washington during those 3 days that Vegas can negotiate with him too. Is that allowed?

Lots of trickery will be played in June.
    Why would they need to play tricks in Washington, though? If they protect Carlson, Niskanen and Orlov at 'D', they can protect pretty much all the good and decent forwards they want, including Oshie.

I can't see them protecting Schmidt over Johansson anyways, so they can't really go with the 8 skater option.

The Great One

I used Washington/Oshie as an example.

What does San Jose do with Thornton/Marleau. I can't see them protecting their UFAs

Dobber Sports Jedi

you can't protect UFA's
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    I used Washington/Oshie as an example.

What does San Jose do with Thornton/Marleau. I can't see them protecting their UFAs
    The problem is that you might alienate those players if you do that. They might think "If I'm not worth protecting, them I might as well look at other options".

San Jose can probably leave Paul Martin unprotected and go with just three 'D' - Burns, Vlasic and Braun. That way they'd have room to protect Thornton and Marleau if they want to re-sign them. Martin is a good player but probably not what Vegas is looking for - especially when there's younger players like Mueller available. But yes, it's completely possible they don't re-sign Thornton and Marleau until after the expansion draft.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    This sucks for Burakovsky owners.
    Not with this new info from GMBM:
    Isabelle Khurshudyan‏Verified account @ikhurshudyan

Here's how GMBM broke down what the roster will look like going forward: Burakovsky in top6. Schmidt in top4. Connolly on 3rd line.

MacLellan talked a lot about Burakovsky. Said he'll be top six next season. Added that RFAs will get more ice time. Will fill in young guys.
    On Oshie:

On Oshie: MacLellan said they've just had some general talks. If he re-signs depends on what salary cap is. If it's 77 mill, decent chance.
    On Mitch Korn:

Goaltending Mitch Korn's future is unclear. Maybe a consulting role. Scott Murray has been groomed to potentially replace him.
    There were also these:

MacLellan referred to a top four with Niskanen, Carlson, Schmidt and Orlov multiple times. So, bye Alzner.

MacLellan said Caps will go 7-3-1 in expansion draft. Has his mind mostly made up on who to protect, but deciding on one more slot.
    All from: https://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan?lang=en
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league