Poll: GSW or Clev?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NBA Final(s): Golden State vs Cleveland

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NBA Final(s): Golden State vs Cleveland

The NBA is GSW/Spurs vs Lebron for the last like 5yrs. How is that an exciting league?

Last time a No1 seed wasn't in the finals was 2012 (2 No2 seeds), Last time someone lower than a No4 seed to make the finals was 1999 (Knicks at 8), and 6 times since 1999 has there not been a No1 seed in the final. There's been 13 game 7s since 1960 in the NBA, and 22 4 or 5 game series since 1960. 38.5% of the time since 1960 the NBA finals hasn't even been close.

There has never been real excitement on who makes the finals in the NBA, and it's been rare that there has been a really solid NBA finals.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Stud

Final(s)???? Is there more than one?

Dobber Sports Genius

I vote for which ever team has won the title in the past two seasons. /feedback... silence/
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

Who cares if you were able to predict the NBA Final before the season started? If you chose to not watch or pay attention you missed: Westbrook averaging a triple double, Harden and Lebron having the best season of their careers, Leonard's continued excellence, the coming out party for Giannis, Isiah Thomas (a man shorter than the average American) score on command in every 4th Qtr.....and those are just off the top of my head.

The NBA has arguably the greatest player ever in one conference and arguable the greatest team ever in the other. The fact that they meet again, for the third straight year, should be appreciated. Greatness like this deserves it

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Who cares if you were able to predict the NBA Final before the season started? If you chose to not watch or pay attention you missed: Westbrook averaging a triple double, Harden and Lebron having the best season of their careers, Leonard's continued excellence, the coming out party for Giannis, Isiah Thomas (a man shorter than the average American) score on command in every 4th Qtr.....and those are just off the top of my head.

The NBA has arguably the greatest player ever in one conference and arguable the greatest team ever in the other. The fact that they meet again, for the third straight year, should be appreciated. Greatness like this deserves it
    That's the entire point. This conversation/debate/argument whatever you want to call it is solely about the lack of intrigue in determining who will win the championship. Period. The rest of your reply doesn't even indirectly apply.

They're great individual stories, but a league can only promote individuals to a point. You need to be able to promote more than two teams. Doesn't matter if 10 great players are on 10 other teams. It still comes down to, I'm not going to waste my time watching meaningless games when the end results are all but written.

I watched a lot of hockey playoffs because you don't know who's going to win any game. Even the Wsh-Bos 2nd round series (NBA) was boring. Home team won every game by 10 or more points... yup... cliff-hangers...

I can't get excited about Isiah Thomas or Westbrook, because their individual efforts are guaranteed to be driven over by a Lebron or Curry bus. Unless it's an individual sport, MMA, Tennis, Golf, Boxing, I can't amp myself up to get interested in the entire sport.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

The season was great, but we all knew we'd finish it with a GSW vs Cavs final.

Dobber Sports Titan

Ouch. I would have thought seeing the score, the 3pt would have been the difference but nope
    GSW 3pt: 12/33
    Cavs 3pt: 11/31

It was the Turnovers:
    GSW: 4
    Lebron: 8
    Cavs: 20

There's the game right there.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Well... blowouts continue. Missed a 'barnburner' last night.

Also noticed Silver put out comments to stop DNP games with all-stars ON THE ROAD. "If you're going to rest a player, he's going to do it at home games - not on the road"

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Well... blowouts continue. Missed a 'barnburner' last night.

Also noticed Silver put out comments to stop DNP games with all-stars ON THE ROAD. "If you're going to rest a player, he's going to do it at home games - not on the road"
    Wow... do you think he can pull this off? Or will players just end up DTD on road trips haha

Administrator

That rule will be impossible to enforce. No player is 100% down the stretch and could easily find a reason for sitting out.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

The argument makes sense.. people travel, buy tickets say in New Orleans when Cleveland or Golden State comes to see the superstars. When Lebron isn't even in your city. You feel ripped off. Having Lebron sit one of 40 home games instead - makes sense. Hell, even if that player just played 10 minutes, then they bench the him.

I have no idea if this can pass...One interesting comment attached to that. Compared to 30 years ago. The league averages the same number of DNP games unrelated to injuries.. so it's not like there's a crisis.

Our media these days are just relentless on the littlest issue.

I don't really follow the NBA, I just happened to catch a couple snippets of his State address. Baseball might have a larger issue with this 10 day DL garbage.

Administrator

Also, if the NBA had a system designed to artificially tighten the standings (like the NHL) players would be in the lineup more down the stretch.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I watched full game last night - my first full NBA game watch since game 7 last year.
    Damn Warriors are strong.
    If they keep this up, and run 4-0 finals, 16-0 playoffs, I think they have a good contention to claim as Best Team ever. (regular season, psh - to sweep a playoffs, wow)
    [fivethirtyeight.com has an ELO metric for team strength and Warriors just set an all-time NBA high with win last night - bit like the FIFA soccer rankings, draws on past performance with most recent weighted higher)

Though I still think it'll be hard for GSW to ball handle so well again (only 4 TO).
    On the flip side for CLE, they can rebound much better and shoot better.
    On the plus side for GSW, mercy... a 20pt win and they even missed about 10+ shots from in really close.

I gotta say, I love June... NHL Final Night, NBA Final Night, TV Show... and repeat.
    Perfect 3-night rotation!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

1.) What is considered a star in the NBA? Like how will the league enforce a "star" from not sitting? Is Ibaka a star? Is Powell a star? Greek Freak is now a star, but at the beginning of the season he was still all Potential, so how do you enforce this?
    2.) If i was a coach and somehow they made a rule that all stars had to not sit, I'd just put them in at the beginning of a quarter, then take a timeout the next possession and sit them again....they got time on the court.