Poll: GSW or Clev?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBA Final(s): Golden State vs Cleveland

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NBA Final(s): Golden State vs Cleveland

The only good thing about the Warriors is that Klay Thompson, Green, Damian Jones, Looney, and McCaw are under contract after this yr. And Curry is going to be making A LOT more than 12mill next yr. They’ll lose a lot of their bench guys.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    Warriors in 6. They're far too good of a team (arguably the greatest ever).
    That was my vote too.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    yup, I'm with you on this, collectively they are 24-1 going into the finals. There is no drama, no excitement in the NBA during the playoffs. It's all about who's going to lose to Cavs/warriors in which round. The finals hold a bit of suspense, but I am so far down the 'don't give a shit' road at this point, I won't even check box scores.

This is the worst of the six pro leagues (NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, MLS, CFL)
    The NHL is the worst pro sports league and it's not close.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    which playoffs have you enjoyed better? If you don't like close games, comebacks or upsets... then I can see the NBA, But when you know who's in the finals 11 months before they start... where's the intrigue or interest?

NBA is a joke because of this. There were more upsets in tennis when Federer won everything. I'm not talking financials or best/worst run. From a pure fan point of view. You already know Cleveland & Golden State will play next year in the finals. The only hope for anything different will be a season ending injury to Curry or LeBron, when you know this already. It can't be a good league.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Pretty fun to watch the best of the best go head to head for the title.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pretty fun to watch the best of the best go head to head for the title.
    The last month has been a complete waste of viewing time for an NBA fan. Why bother with 14 other teams making the playoffs? In the 2nd round, there was what? 3, maybe 4 games that ended with less than a 10pt victory? Yawn.

I'll watch bachelorette reruns before tuning in to this finals

The last month has been a complete waste of viewing time for an NBA fan. Why bother with 14 other teams making the playoffs? In the 2nd round, there was what? 3, maybe 4 games that ended with less than a 10pt victory? Yawn.

I'll watch bachelorette reruns before tuning in to this finals
    That says a whole lot about you, but not very much about the NBA.

Dobber Sports Titan

There was really no point in watching the a full game in the NBA playoffs. We all knew the outcome, especially when Leonard went down. That was really the only threat.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

No it says how crappy the NBA is as a whole, yes the two best teams are playing each other, which is fine, great! Too bad the entire season and playoffs to get here is a joke. Everyone knew it ahead of time. Can you imagine another league where the best player healthy scratches himself and doesn't even bother flying to cities for games? If Crosby or Ovechkin, did that.. maybe baseballs a better example as starters often don't pitch in an entire series, say Kershaw did this - there should be a suspension.

My comment about the bachelorette says a lot about me indeed. It's a pretty clearly painted picture of how little I think of the NBA and how farcical it is n nature.

But you oh great one, will pick what you want from my post, ignore the actual meaning of what was said and reply to what best suits you. I won't argue, you can just be better than me.

No it says how crappy the NBA is as a whole, yes the two best teams are playing each other, which is fine, great! Too bad the entire season and playoffs to get here is a joke. Everyone knew it ahead of time. Can you imagine another league where the best player healthy scratches himself and doesn't even bother flying to cities for games? If Crosby or Ovechkin, did that.. maybe baseballs a better example as starters often don't pitch in an entire series, say Kershaw did this - there should be a suspension.

My comment about the bachelorette says a lot about me indeed. It's a pretty clearly painted picture of how little I think of the NBA and how farcical it is n nature.

But you oh great one, will pick what you want from my post, ignore the actual meaning of what was said and reply to what best suits you. I won't argue, you can just be better than me.
    I'd imagine if Crosby or Ovechkin did it, I'd applaud them for understanding a cup final matters more than a Tuesday game in December in Carolina. The NHL and their owners don't protect the players, so it's up to the players to protect themselves.

Every person in the world except the owners say 82 games is too much. So yea, if NHL superstars started sitting out 10-12 games a season for rest, I'd applaud them, not criticize them.

It's interesting that you specifically pointed to the NBA finals as the thing you would not watch, which are going to be the 7 best basketball games played all year, but now in this post pretend to backtrack like you mean the season and the playoffs up to this point. Throw that truck into a bigger reverse gear and backtrack harder.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

In your opinion. haha.

Go Warriors!

I voted Warriors in 7.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Every person in the world except the owners say 82 games is too much. So yea, if NHL superstars started sitting out 10-12 games a season for rest, I'd applaud them, not criticize them.
    However, have you not made the argument that they are just assets owned by the NHL? And that the fans are the most important part to the NHL? And IF the fans are most important then they should get to see the stars play rather then sit out?

None of this is my opinion... I am just trying to see which side you truly fall on...seems to contradict other points you have argued adamantly.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd imagine if Crosby or Ovechkin did it, I'd applaud them for understanding a cup final matters more than a Tuesday game in December in Carolina. The NHL and their owners don't protect the players, so it's up to the players to protect themselves.

It's interesting that you specifically pointed to the NBA finals as the thing you would not watch, which are going to be the 7 best basketball games played all year, but now in this post pretend to backtrack like you mean the season and the playoffs up to this point. Throw that truck into a bigger reverse gear and backtrack harder.
    I'm not backtracking... I haven't watched 30 seconds of bball all season for the aforementioned reasons. The league is a joke. It's a 2 team league. End story. Serious intrigue in how they got there. The NBA won't even be able to put together a show pre-series called 'the road to the finals' - Cause it was red carpet laid out last summer.

Assuming the series goes 7 games first of all. Secondly, they better be the best 7 games all season, because they are the only 7 that have held any meaning at all. The rest might have well been pre-season games.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    However, have you not made the argument that they are just assets owned by the NHL? And that the fans are the most important part to the NHL? And IF the fans are most important then they should get to see the stars play rather then sit out?

None of this is my opinion... I am just trying to see which side you truly fall on...seems to contradict other points you have argued adamantly.
    They are just assets. I'm not saying it's in the fans best interests for them to sit out, but it is in their own best interest.

Although with the amount of injuries in the NHL, it's probably in the fans best interest for them to sit as well.

And if they're sitting away games (which they do), then they're acting in the best interest of their own fans.

Dobber Sports Jedi

They are just assets. I'm not saying it's in the fans best interests for them to sit out, but it is in their own best interest.

Although with the amount of injuries in the NHL, it's probably in the fans best interest for them to sit as well.

And if they're sitting away games (which they do), then they're acting in the best interest of their own fans.
    Without fans, the players are worthless assets.