Thread: Saros

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Saros

I'm trying to gauge when the workload starts getting split a bit more to gauge Saros' value over the next couple of years. I have him on the farm and am not adverse to moving him but I'm wondering if I might be better off trying to ship off Rask and acquire Rinne +.
    73M Cap, Partial Keeper: 4F(ANY) 2D, 2G, Year : H2H Daily 2C/2LW/2RW/1F/4D/2G, 16 Teams

Pro

C: Eichel Seguin
    LW: Ovechkin, Lee
    RW: Marner, Palmieri Buchnevich, Simmonds
    D: Karlsson Byfuglien, Petry, Muzzin
    G: Rask, Murray Jarry

Farm (Max 200 GP):
    C. White, Vrana, Hischier, Sikura, DeSmith

Stat Categories

Skaters
    FOW(.1) G(4) A(3) PPG(1.5) PPA(1) SHG(3) SHA(2) GWG(1) SOG(.2) +-(1) PIMS(.1) BLK(.2) HIT(.2)
    Goalies
    W(6) L(-1) SHO(5) SV(0.1) GA(-0.2) GAA(Range of -1 to 8) SV%(Range of -1 to 8)
    Twitter:@RogerWi1co

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Saros

I think Rinne is still a 70/30 start/sit goalie for at least another year (assuming good health of course). Rinne is signed for two more seasons and Saros is heading into the last year of his ELC. Saros' next contract next summer will say a lot about his situation going foward.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

i agree with axeman that next year should be a 70/30 split. as rinne gets older, i would look at the rangers tandem of lundqvist and raanta from this year as a good prototype for how the Nashville situation will play out. rinne will still be the starter, but there will be stretches where he sits in favor of saros just to keep rinne fresh for the playoffs, just like the rangers did this year so that lundqvist could be fresh for the playoffs.

The Great One

I would just ride out Rask and Jones - you are covered in net. And with 200GP for minors (crazy high), you can just wait on Saros. I wouldn't move Rask for Rinne +, especially in your format (2G starts, 16 teams, and limited F/D keepers).

And I'm hoping you can trade Hedman for a pick or something; that would be a painful drop.

Administrator

Rinne definitely bought himself another year as their main guy.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

I think we see the big transition happen once Rinne isn't getting paid 7Mil. The next two years his contract is going to be enough to keep him in place.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

There's also 7 million other reasons why Rinne remains the main guy mext season! Personally I think the 70-30 split is about right (may be a touch more due to Rinne's long post season - though in fairness he usually goes to the wolrds). Saros to sign a bridge deal the likes that Allen and Gibson did at circa 2-2.5 million per 2-3 years and the split becomes more 50-50 in the second year from now...
    Experience is the teacher of all things.