Administrator

Default Re: Crawford vs Vasilevskiy

Crawford

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

Vasilevsky. First and foremost, he's ten years younger than Crawford. Vas is also likely to be a workhorse, which is huge given your Svs category. Plus, as good as Chicago has been Tampa is likely to be as good or better in most coming seasons. There's also the matter of Crawford's GAA having increased in FOUR straight seasons and that's he's never once played 60+ games in a season - even when he was a lot younger than he is now.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If Tampa can sing their RFA's for a decent salary I see them being a a winning machine over the next few years. Therefore I want the goalie on their team. Vas for me... but its close.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As a Crawford owner I can safely say Vasilevskiy all the way
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Giant

Are you looking for 2-3 year results since your ''win window'' is now or are you looking to lock up a goalie in a dynasty for the foreseeable future as you are currently rebuilding?

Short term, I go Crawford, anything above 3 years, I'll go Vasilevskiy
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yeah I am willing to take the waiver on Vas in hopes he produces a return on investment a la Martin Jones.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have both. I think Crawford is gonna be even better next year and leaned upon more the coming years with darling now gone. Short term Crawford long term vas

Dobber Sports Master

Give me Crawford. Established talent. Better team. It all depends what you mean by "going forward". If that is the next 2 years, then Crawford. After that, it could be Vaseline, but predicting things that far into the future is pretty hard..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

I like the immediate punch that Crawford provides. Four straight years of 32 wins or more and good save percentages all over. You have two years to take care of "two years from now" plus Crawford is only 32. It's not like he's retiring.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I like the immediate punch that Crawford provides. Four straight years of 32 wins or more and good save percentages all over. You have two years to take care of "two years from now" plus Crawford is only 32. It's not like he's retiring.
    I noticed you conveniently left out his 4 years of decline GAA, which is a category.

No one ever said that being 32 years olf means he has to retire, but it is a legitimate source of worry for poolies. Over the last five seasons there have been exactly 5 goalies who played 40+ games in their age 33 season - Lundqvist and Rinne in 2015-16, Lehtonen this season, Miller in 2013-14, and Niklas Backstrom in 2011-12. None had a GAA less than 2.48 and only Lundqvist had a SV% above .919.

Trends and age are not in Crawford's favor.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Crawford for me. Still on the better team, more proven, and no backup that he is going to lose time to. Budaj could come back in TB, Guldevskis is someone I like as well. Too many question marks with Vas for me to be picking him over the proven guy now. In 2-3 years I'll re-evaluate.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

In one of my keepers I own both and would trade Crawford before I would Vasilevskiy. I may regret it for a year or two but in the long run, I'd be happy I kept Vasilevskiy.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Crawford now and next season... Vas did falter last season and finished strong so I'm a little wary as to how he handles a whole season (but then tell me a starter who doesn't falter at some point mid season).

If im looking at a tradable asset I probably stick with a as but if I'm in it to win it next season I go Crawford
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Crawford now and next season... Vas did falter last season and finished strong so I'm a little wary as to how he handles a whole season
    Yeah, he's going to be the guy for the whole year and the pressure will be on him to put the Bolts in the playoffs. His friend in Winnipeg was supposed to do the same this year for his team and struggled.