Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Next year's 40 win club

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Next year's 40 win club

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Agree they'll lose more man-games due to normal health/injury rates.
    However, quality NHL rookies (see McDavid, Connor... Stamkos, Steven, etc.) make BIG strides in their sophmore season.
    The Leaf rookies that were very good this year are going to be even better next year.
    There will be less defensive lapses next year.
    So even with a guy out of the line-up here & there, the team will get better. Babcock is going to have these guys clicking.
    I think TOR could leapfrog as high as the #3 position next year, win the Northeast, finish only behind WAS,PIT in the overall East.
    They are going to be really, really, really good.
    I agree with u that I don't think Toronto will regress, rather they will get better. while this is not the norm with this young team, their top young players are not your average young players. Matthews and marner are going to be two of the best players in the league one day, and as u said, those kinds of players only get better in their sophomore season.
    i'd like to offer another take on why they are less prone to regression than most young teams. looks at their division. let's say montreal stays a top team next year, let's assume tampa will get better. you've got buffalo that doesn't look ready to take the next step yet, Detroit is (should be?) rebuilding, florida was a mess this year, and I think it continues next year. next year is craig Anderson's bad year, plus remember how guy boucher did in his 2nd year in tampa (he's great in his first year, then it gets much worse). I assume Ottawa will be much, much worse next season, and probably not be a playoff team. that leaves Toronto and boston for the last 2 playoff spots, and I think boston might have overachieved a bit this year (I don't see marchand having a season like that again).
    so just looking at their division, I think they will definitely be a playoff team. even if 5 teams make it from the metro division, I like Toronto a lot more than boston next year. wouldn't surprise me if they won a round or two in the playoffs as well. I have no faith in montreal in the playoffs anymore. bergevin has made an absolute mess there (and all with just one bad trade!). if they faced off in playoffs next year, i'd pick Toronto.

The Great One

Lovin the vas love!! I think hea got a real gwlwnuime shot at 35- but it would take some bounves to get to 40imho. He had some pretty serious slumos at a few points this year while bb was out..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Vasilevskiy. Should get all the work he can handle, just a matter of how well TB plays with Stamkos back... and whether he stays healthy.
    On pace for 68 starts and 59 wins. So far so good. Lol

Edit: in b4 someone pulls a captain obvious and points out that some regression is impending in the win rate lol

love me some Vasi <3

Dobber Sports Genius

Yup very happy with Vas. My 1st pick in my salary cap league at 3M. Leads my team with 29 points. Just grabbed Helly on waivers and now looking to move Dubby. I expected Vas to have a great year but not this good.
    Wish I owned him in more leagues.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    On pace for 68 starts and 59 wins. So far so good. Lol

Edit: in b4 someone pulls a captain obvious and points out that some regression is impending in the win rate lol

love me some Vasi <3
    I'm in a points-only league where we have a strange rule that if someone leaves, instead of a GM taking over that team, there's a dispersal draft where all existing GMs get to choose one player from that team, and the new owner gets the scraps.

I had the last pick in the dispersal draft. And I hemmed and hawed on who to select out of Vas, Couture, Coyle, Pavelski, Weber, Schenn and Ghost.

I already had Freddy Andersen, Martin Jones, Matt Murray and Thatcher Demko (top two goalies count). And I was an expansion team a year ago.

I wanted Vas the most out of that list, but I didn't want to roll with five goalies. I ended up trading Jones for Keller and McAvoy, and then selected Vasi with that last pick.

Suffice to say, that all worked out for me pretty much as well as it could have.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    I'm in a points-only league where we have a strange rule that if someone leaves, instead of a GM taking over that team, there's a dispersal draft where all existing GMs get to choose one player from that team, and the new owner gets the scraps.
    Yuck! Tough sell to a new GM. This is the Wild and Blue Jackets model as opposed to the Golden Knights model.

Just me two cents as it came to me.

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"