Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Crosby down

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Crosby down

Bob McKenzie was on TSN 1200 a couple of hours ago. He said not to read anything into Crosby skating. When he had a concussion in October, he skated every single day but still missed six games.

McKenzie also talked about how the new concussion protocols recommend physical activity to get over the concussion quicker.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Ninja

Let's hope the Pens finish off the Caps in short order while the Rags/Sens series goes the distance to give Crosby some recovery time.

Dobber Sports Monster

looks like crosby is taking part in full practice.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Bob McKenzie was on TSN 1200 a couple of hours ago. He said not to read anything into Crosby skating. When he had a concussion in October, he skated every single day but still missed six games.

McKenzie also talked about how the new concussion protocols recommend physical activity to get over the concussion quicker.
    Interesting, I did not know that. Just needs to be physical activity without significant risk of additional concussion I imagine. The more you know.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    looks like crosby is taking part in full practice.
    So Ovie on the 3rd line and Sid could be back. Looks like this is over in 5 folks.

Dobber Sports Jedi

thread title says - Crosby down

CROSBY UP!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't see why he's coming back. They can beat the caps without him, heck they can get to the final without him. I would only play Crosby if the team is facing elimination.

Administrator

I bet they can win the cup without him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    I don't see why he's coming back. They can beat the caps without him, heck they can get to the final without him. I would only play Crosby if the team is facing elimination.
    Why give them a chance to get back in the series? They lose one more and the momentum turns and the series is up for grabs again. Fleury stole the last game... I wouldn't let that give them a false sense of confidence.

If he can play, he should play. Close out the series early and then he (and the rest of the whole tema) can rest.

Dobber Sports Deity

If he's good to go, let him play but the Pens don't need to rush him back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Why give them a chance to get back in the series? They lose one more and the momentum turns and the series is up for grabs again. Fleury stole the last game... I wouldn't let that give them a false sense of confidence.

If he can play, he should play. Close out the series early and then he (and the rest of the whole tema) can rest.
    Agree 100000% with this. Im surprised he is back practising in full...but if he's ready to go...you play him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    If this were the Leafs and Matthews would you change your tune?

Dobber Sports Giant

When I read the news of him practicing fully earlier today, I couldn't believe it! I'm not a neurological expert but I guess his concussion has/had to be very mild for him to be back up and running like this. No way the medical staff (or himself) would risk coming back from such an injury if he wasn't 100%.

Still no confirmation on a return date but even if it's later in the series, this is great news for hockey (except if you are the Washington Capitals)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Pro

Crosby must have the most examined noggin in sports so I could only assume that they wouldn't put him back in unless he's okay to go.