Curious on your thoughts on these 4 players for next year and 3 years

Giroux
    Radulov
    Boeser
    Keller

I...am your father.

Default Re: Dobber's Mailbag - Ask Away! April 26 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Shawniemac23 View Post
    Anders Lee or Jake Guentzel? Is Halak a viable keeper?
    What a great question...oh man you have me stumped. In the one keeper that I have either of those players in - I have them both! Now who would I sooner trade...

Gun to my head, I'd rather trade Anders Lee. I guess that means I'd sooner keep Guentzel!

Halak is a buy-low option. Totally redeemed himself at the end. Only question is...how long will the Isles drag their feet before they move him? Could be middle of next year (another wasted fantasy season)!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Pick one of these 3 for this round of the playoffs - Getzlaf, Forsberg or Oshie. For the Dobbernomics Salary Cap Game Playoffs 2017.
    Getzlaf for me!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by bergeron47 View Post
    Atkinson had a high shooting percentage, are you expecting a decline from his total production next season?
    His SH% was high, it usually is - but not that high. It came down over the final couple of months but was still high. His shot volume was up though and I think it will go up yet still. I think he can repeat 30 goals, but likely not 35. Call it 32 or 33. His assists will go up to compensate, assuming Werenski is healthy and the CBJ power play recovers from its second-half swoon. Overall, I say he matches this season in points, but points will be more smoothly distributed rather than clustered into the first half. He leans on the PP a lot because for whatever reason he's used on the second line with a couple of pluggers at ES

Also, Atkinson or Hoffman?
    Hoffman is safer, Atkinson more upside. I prefer Atkinson

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thoughts on these 5 guys for next year?

Jason Zucker
    Eric Staal
    Charlie Coyle
    John Moore
    Robin Lehner

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for doing this Dobber

What are your thoughts on Justin Schultz? Is this year an anomaly or has he turned a corner and can be consider a top 20 fantasy D man going forward.
    10 Team Keeper League, 15 Keepers (max 2 goalies), 10 prospects, Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 3 Utility, 4D, 2G

Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIMS, SOG, STP; W, SO, SV%, GAA

C: MacKinnon, Scheifele, Larkin, Pavelski (RW)
    LW Panarin, Ehlers , Ovechkin, Verhaeghe (C), Beauvillier, Killorn
    RW: Kucherov, Pastrnak, Wheeler, Mangiapane (LW)
    D: Makar, Hughes, Krug; Pietrangelo, Schmidt, Andersson, Gostibehere
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Bobrovsky

Prospects: Sorokin (G), Askarov (G), Raymond (LW), Kaliyev (RW), Perfetti (RW), Norris (C), Kaprizov (LW), Hayton (C), Brannstrom (D), Boqvist (D), Clarke (D)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Starting a new full-keeper salary cap league - my first time dealing with salaries.

We plan on having 12 teams with 23 pro players, but also a farm team.
    Any tips of your preferred settings for cap leagues, and also how to handle farm teams and their salaries/cap hits?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Probably too early to cast 5 keepers in stone, however would still like your choices.
    7 teams, points only. Scoring and team in signature.
    I'm thinking McDavid, Karlsson for sure. Then stuck on 3 forwards or 2 forwards and Holtby.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Stud

Will Matthews, Nylander & Marner take a step back next year and if so, by how much?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by bergeron47 View Post
    Who do you like most for next season in a points and +/- only league next season?
    Palmieri, Bailey or Lucic?
    Also
    Coyle, Zuccarello, Zetterberg or Backlund?
    Thanks! Sorry for all the questions
    Bailey over the other two, but he obviously carries some rsik.

I think Zuccarello is nice and safe. I just can't see Coyle finding the next gear, and I can't believe Zetterberg's 2016-17 let alone believe he'll do it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Where does Ovi rebound with next season? 60-70 points, 70 to 80 or 80+. How much does the Olympics hurt his value? Would you trade him for Talbot/Stammer in my first league?
    If you can get Talbot and Stamkos for him that would be awesome. In your situation, I would trade him for Talbot and draft picks - Talbot will be a Top 3 goalie and you're hurting in that position. Ovechkin should get 70-80

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    In my playoff elimination pool - I've got Crosby, Malkin, Guentzel and Hornqvist, Gibson, Eaves and Vermette, and McDonagh, Skejh and Krider. Clearly the fate of my team lies in how deep the Pens go.

I'm currently in the lead with all 10 of my players advancing to the second round.

Will I win the pool?
    Hahaha funny!

I think 60-40 yes, because if Anaheim goes to the Final and NYR goes to the semis...even if PIT gets put out this round I think you still have a shot

Dobber Sports Deity

Looking at my signature, who are my five drops this offsesson. I can only keep 20/25.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    My limited keeper (10) is transitioning into a dynasty this fall. Currently I am keeping 6F, 3D, 1G, with McDavid in the minors as well as some other high end prospects. My question, would it be better to keep a 2nd goalie (Lundquist) rather than a 6th forward (JVR/Radulov/Stone) - assuming I am unable to complete a trade for an upgrade.

I always play it safe with goaltending, so yes you should do that. Keep Lundy over Stone

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Whats a reasonable expectation for Toffoli next year for points? This is the first year he kind of took a step back, wonder how much of that had to do with injuries.

Thanks in advance!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    3 questions, all for the league in sig

1) Would you be comfortable to enter next year with Talbot as your main G? If you were to guess right now, who do you think will be his backup?

2) As of now, without knowing where they will play next year, would you keep Radulov or Oshie in a points only league?

3) If I was to put Burns on the block for a top end forward, wich ones would you consider 1 for 1? (I already own Crosby and Kane and McDavid is of course not available) And if I could make a 1 for 2 swap, landing Hedman, what kind of forward would you ask for (replacing Radulov or Oshie as my 6th keeper)?

Thanks for doing that!
    1. Absolutely, and I think Brossoit will be the backup
    2. Radulov - he can get big points even without linemates under any coaching system
    3. If I could get Hedman for Burns, I would try to add any decent proven 65-70 point forward if possible. I'm almost at the point where I prefer Hedman as much as Burns anyway, for future seasons

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for doing this Dobber!

Team/league in sig. Who is my 5th keeper? Eichel or Scheifele? (McD, EK, Kuch and Holtby are top 4, right?)
    12 teams, Yahoo H2H, daily, keep 5.

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN, IR+
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Eichel, Pettersson
    LW: M.Tkachuk (+RW), Zucker (+RW), Coleman (+RW), N.Foligno (+C)
    RW: Kucherov, Svechnikov (+LW), W.Nylander (+C), Kassian
    D: Karlsson, Hughes,Doughty, Ekblad, Hronek, McNabb, Cernak
    G: Lehner, Grubauer, Francouz
    IR+:

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    Mackinnon and Drouin - both were supposed to be superstars, but that might not happen. point projections for next year, plus long term realistic upside.

Conor Sheary - looks like he might be off the top line now. long term, is he gonna spend most of his time with Crosby, or is it time to sell high?
    Drouin and MacKinnon - I wouldn't count them out until five full NHL seasons have passed. I wouldn't dial expectations down a single iota. Just required patience. I think both clear 60 to 65 next year and I still think both can be a point-per game in their late 20s.

Sheary - I still think he'll be on the top line enough next year to get 60 points in 65 games. Health is the only issue I have with this guy