Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

PG or that area by any chance? I live in Terrace, plenty of great activities to be had all though this province though bud hiking trails and everything else let us get some exercise in while setting our mind free at the same time. Sometimes that all works the best.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Giant

Hey StuntMan, I know that watches/activity monitors don't come cheap, but if you're able to find a decent one at a low price, it could help you with keeping everything in perspective as you seem to be doing.

Most of them offer little-to-no information on the band directly but once you sync your daily activities to your smart phone (if you have one), you get more details. Most of these, even the high-end models, are not 100% accurate but they do offer you a general perspective of your daily output. I find calories burned tend to be way off but that the step counter and the heart rate monitor usually work well in these devices. You can also compute your food intake as well on most platforms (again, if you have a smart phone though). Some devices will also give you some sleep pattern feedback (but again, not 100% precise).

In the end, these devices just help turning what seems to be a ''chore'' into a ''game/challenge''. Over time, you may just stop using it because it becomes part of your daily routine.

Here are a few from the ''cheapo'' ones to ''brands'' but all between $10-$110:

Cheap but works
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...10361710.aspx?
    (I had the Nabu Razr for a week but gave it to my nephew as I got a watch shortly after... was far from perfect but for $10, it was pretty cool)

https://www.amazon.ca/Diggro-Bluetoo...tivity+monitor

Some of the highest rated ''cheapo'' ones
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FPKWVL0/...494512744&sr=2

https://www.amazon.ca/Activity-Wirel...tivity+monitor

No Heart Rate Monitor but great brand at a good price
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...10481842.aspx?

With Heart Rate Monitor
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...10323226.aspx?

Just for kicks as it is above the price bracket I told you I'd stay within, here's the Garmin Vivoactive on sale for $179.99 (high-end, good price)... it's not an Apple Watch, but for a third of the price, it gives you pretty much everything you need from these devices
    https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-Vivoact...tivity+monitor
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

I know everyone here is trying to help and it's all great advice. Just be careful not to try to cram everything in overnight as you will get overwhelmed. Keep simplifying your life by replacing habits that don't get you closer to your goal with better habits, one at a time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    just finished using the treadmill. burned 400 calories according to that thing. my heart rate is usually at about 155-165 bpm when im at 10% incline and 2 mph. is that too high?
    No way for anyone to answer that without knowing your max heart rate at the very least. Resting heart rate would be good to know as well. I doubt it is concerning at all though. Great job - keep going!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    No way for anyone to answer that without knowing your max heart rate at the very least. Resting heart rate would be good to know as well. I doubt it is concerning at all though. Great job - keep going!
    the highest my heart rate got was 170 and usually my resting heart rate is at about 80-85

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    the highest my heart rate got was 170 and usually my resting heart rate is at about 80-85
    You'd have to really push it to find out what your true max is though. Like 'I feel like death' type workout.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    You'd have to really push it to find out what your true max is though. Like 'I feel like death' type workout.
    oh ok. don't think ill do that today tho lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Hey StuntMan, I know that watches/activity monitors don't come cheap, but if you're able to find a decent one at a low price, it could help you with keeping everything in perspective as you seem to be doing.

Most of them offer little-to-no information on the band directly but once you sync your daily activities to your smart phone (if you have one), you get more details. Most of these, even the high-end models, are not 100% accurate but they do offer you a general perspective of your daily output. I find calories burned tend to be way off but that the step counter and the heart rate monitor usually work well in these devices. You can also compute your food intake as well on most platforms (again, if you have a smart phone though). Some devices will also give you some sleep pattern feedback (but again, not 100% precise).

In the end, these devices just help turning what seems to be a ''chore'' into a ''game/challenge''. Over time, you may just stop using it because it becomes part of your daily routine.

Here are a few from the ''cheapo'' ones to ''brands'' but all between $10-$110:

Cheap but works
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...10361710.aspx?
    (I had the Nabu Razr for a week but gave it to my nephew as I got a watch shortly after... was far from perfect but for $10, it was pretty cool)

https://www.amazon.ca/Diggro-Bluetoo...tivity+monitor

Some of the highest rated ''cheapo'' ones
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01FPKWVL0/...494512744&sr=2

https://www.amazon.ca/Activity-Wirel...tivity+monitor

No Heart Rate Monitor but great brand at a good price
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...10481842.aspx?

With Heart Rate Monitor
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/...10323226.aspx?

Just for kicks as it is above the price bracket I told you I'd stay within, here's the Garmin Vivoactive on sale for $179.99 (high-end, good price)... it's not an Apple Watch, but for a third of the price, it gives you pretty much everything you need from these devices
    https://www.amazon.ca/Garmin-Vivoact...tivity+monitor
    i was just looking into buying one actually. thanks for the info!

Dobber Sports Monster

April 19: 297.2 (starting weight)
    April 26: 296.5
    May 3rd: 295.1
    May 10th: 293.8
    May 17th: 291.5

-2.3 lbs from lasts week. starting to feel like im gaining traction. thanks for the help, i feel that posting it on here and holding myself accountable really makes me watch what i eat and strive for a lower weight each week.

Administrator

When you become comfortable with your current routine you can start adding a few extra changes, one at a time. That will help maintain or even accelerate your progress and that becomes more fun than the short-term pleasures that come with some bad habits.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Get yourself a Fit Bit and then you can connect with me and we can challenge each other (daily/weekly). Maybe bring others in who also have the Fitbit.

Same can be done with Garmin Watches and others, but I have a fitbit... so that's what I gotta promote. Can't cross communicate across different brands.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

When you become comfortable with your current routine you can start adding a few extra changes, one at a time. That will help maintain or even accelerate your progress and that becomes more fun than the short-term pleasures that come with some bad habits.
    Great idea. Was just thinking that i could incorporate some more walking in my routine. Like going for a 5 mile walk at the track twice a week. ill do that this week.

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Get yourself a Fit Bit and then you can connect with me and we can challenge each other (daily/weekly). Maybe bring others in who also have the Fitbit.

Same can be done with Garmin Watches and others, but I have a fitbit... so that's what I gotta promote. Can't cross communicate across different brands.
    i get paid this friday so i will look around for one but i like the idea of challenging eachother.

Administrator

Just make sure it's something you're willing to do with consistency.

Personal recent example (not related to health/weight):

I'm trying to eliminate some bad habits so I added a couple things to my morning routine this week. Cold shower (transitioning gradually here) and I have to make my bed before leaving my room (long-term I want to be better at cleaning/organizing my house). Only small things here but I'm doing it consistently. I'll add it it in future weeks.

The Great One

Liking the progress so far. You are making net positive decisions, which is key. Just remember - don't except the kind of loss you see on TV. That's NOT normal by any means.

I agree with the others that you probably can start to throw in a few more ambitious extra things, or maybe focus on eliminating your "leaks". I mean "leaks" in a poker sense to refer to bad choices which, although they might not result in someone being a losing poker player overall, they hurt your winrate. For example, in poker a leak could be playing drunk, or not focusing the right stakes, or tossing money on a table game. In fitness and weight loss, a leak is something that hurts your progress. Don't get carried away though - just try to focus on a leak or two here or there. That should help give you more loss each week.

But overall you have a lot to be proud of - four straight weeks of a lower number is more than most can lay claim to, and shows you're doing well.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Liking the progress so far. You are making net positive decisions, which is key. Just remember - don't except the kind of loss you see on TV. That's NOT normal by any means.

I agree with the others that you probably can start to throw in a few more ambitious extra things, or maybe focus on eliminating your "leaks". I mean "leaks" in a poker sense to refer to bad choices which, although they might not result in someone being a losing poker player overall, they hurt your winrate. For example, in poker a leak could be playing drunk, or not focusing the right stakes, or tossing money on a table game. In fitness and weight loss, a leak is something that hurts your progress. Don't get carried away though - just try to focus on a leak or two here or there. That should help give you more loss each week.

But overall you have a lot to be proud of - four straight weeks of a lower number is more than most can lay claim to, and shows you're doing well.
    i fall off the wagon time to time (eat a burger at mcdonalds or the occasional extra coffee during the day) but overall im being more aware of what my weight is and what i need to do the rest of the week to have a lower weight. those would be my leaks and not exercising as much as i should be (last week i walked for 3 of the days when i usually did 4). one step at a time and this weight will be off. im actually feeling like it's possible for me to be down to 180 lbs when a couple years ago i had the mind set like i just didnt have it in me to get down to that weight. just staying focused and take things one day at a time. again i appreciate everyone's input, it really has helped me