Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

been eating sensible this past week. i notice that if im keeping my weight tracked on here i feel more accountable in a way, like i can't show up with a bad weigh in lol. so far it's helping me so ill keep posting it. am going to aim for a lower number each week. i weighed myself after i ate and had coffee and already down weight from last week but we will see what the scale says on Wednesday.

Played baseball yesterday, hit one dinger (250 ft left field) but was getting tired after 5 or 6 swings. Pitcher wouldnt let u rest and kept throwing at a fast pace lol. Last year when i was 285 ish i hit 8 over in practice but i think i would have more if i was given more good pitches.

Dobber Sports Titan

Since my post (Friday?) I have played hockey (ball hockey a 3on3 and a 5on5 league, and ice hockey), soccer, baseball, and then gym and running I'm down to 197lbs this morning. So I lost 8lbs, but I'll get back to 205lbs pretty quickly if I don't do anything, or stay seated at work I bet.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Since my post (Friday?) I have played hockey (ball hockey a 3on3 and a 5on5 league, and ice hockey), soccer, baseball, and then gym and running I'm down to 197lbs this morning. So I lost 8lbs, but I'll get back to 205lbs pretty quickly if I don't do anything, or stay seated at work I bet.
    8 lbs is pretty good. but i hear ya if u dont do anything for a bit its easy to put on the lbs. on my off days of work at walmart i had to be strict with what i ate or else id gain 3-4 lbs like nothing

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    8 lbs is pretty good. but i hear ya if u dont do anything for a bit its easy to put on the lbs. on my off days of work at walmart i had to be strict with what i ate or else id gain 3-4 lbs like nothing
    That's just my body too. I have always been a slim teenager/adult (fat kid tho), and I have never struggled with weight, so it's just odd for me to fluctuate 8lbs over a weekend without trying really...to me at least. I go to the gym because I had twigs for arms. I wasn't weak, but based on long arms it looked like I had 0 biceps, shoulders, and chest haha.

Keep trucking through this and make a healthy lifestyle a way of life and not a goal. Make it 2nd nature and not a battle! You got this!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That's just my body too. I have always been a slim teenager/adult (fat kid tho), and I have never struggled with weight, so it's just odd for me to fluctuate 8lbs over a weekend without trying really...to me at least. I go to the gym because I had twigs for arms. I wasn't weak, but based on long arms it looked like I had 0 biceps, shoulders, and chest haha.

Keep trucking through this and make a healthy lifestyle a way of life and not a goal. Make it 2nd nature and not a battle! You got this!
    Thanks OG. It hasn't felt like a struggle this past week really, i notice if i stay busy and focus on other things than food then it is easy to lose weight. Temptations are all around the corner though, always seems like when you want to lose weight is when everyone you know is asking if you want to eat out somewhere.

Administrator

I've been putting my nutritionist's recommendations into action the past few days although I haven't been training the past few sessions. I've been having problems with an ankle for the past month and decided to give it a short break. Didn't seem to help much.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

been eating sensible this past week. i notice that if im keeping my weight tracked on here i feel more accountable in a way, like i can't show up with a bad weigh in lol. so far it's helping me so ill keep posting it. am going to aim for a lower number each week. i weighed myself after i ate and had coffee and already down weight from last week but we will see what the scale says on Wednesday.

Played baseball yesterday, hit one dinger (250 ft left field) but was getting tired after 5 or 6 swings. Pitcher wouldnt let u rest and kept throwing at a fast pace lol. Last year when i was 285 ish i hit 8 over in practice but i think i would have more if i was given more good pitches.
    Always weigh yourself first thing in the AM before you eat or drink anything and with the same amount of clothing. If you're inconsistent about weighing yourself, you can get several pounds of variation.

You focusing on the baseball thing is worrisome in that it's perhaps not even connected and it pales in comparison to the benefits you getting - often without realizing them - of being healthier. I'll be honest - I'm not sure your heart and head are really in this. But we're rooting for you and will do our best to lend support. Take things one day at a time. You're not perfect - no one is. But you can and should be able to do this. Nothing is standing in your way but yourself.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Always weigh yourself first thing in the AM before you eat or drink anything and with the same amount of clothing. If you're inconsistent about weighing yourself, you can get several pounds of variation.

You focusing on the baseball thing is worrisome in that it's perhaps not even connected and it pales in comparison to the benefits you getting - often without realizing them - of being healthier. I'll be honest - I'm not sure your heart and head are really in this. But we're rooting for you and will do our best to lend support. Take things one day at a time. You're not perfect - no one is. But you can and should be able to do this. Nothing is standing in your way but yourself.
    i always do my weekly weigh ins at 6 am. just weighed myself in the afternoon today for the heck of it really.

i sometimes get frustrated not being able to play baseball quite as good and can tell im a long ways from being the same person i was a couple years ago thats why im out there trying to practice and be more active. i was more or less hoping that doing all these inclined walks would help my hitting (having stronger legs) which it didn't appear to do but in the long run (the inclined walks) it will be better for my health.

ill get my weight under 200 lbs trust me. If I were a betting man (which i am) i would bet money on myself completing the challenge of getting healthier and being under 200 lbs.

but you are right, nothing is standing in my way but myself. ill keep remembering that.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i always do my weekly weigh ins at 6 am. just weighed myself in the afternoon today for the heck of it really.

i sometimes get frustrated not being able to play baseball quite as good and can tell im a long ways from being the same person i was a couple years ago thats why im out there trying to practice and be more active. i was more or less hoping that doing all these inclined walks would help my hitting (having stronger legs) which it didn't appear to do but in the long run (the inclined walks) it will be better for my health.

ill get my weight under 200 lbs trust me. If I were a betting man (which i am) i would bet money on myself completing the challenge of getting healthier and being under 200 lbs.

but you are right, nothing is standing in my way but myself. ill keep remembering that.
    Do yourself a favor and set an acceptable range for weight. My goal weight range is between 198 and 208. If I focus only on the 198 I'll for ever obsess. With stress comes inevitable weight gain, inability to hold 1 number and inability to Accept my results.

The Magnificent One

I'd weigh yourself more often than weekly, since you could be getting a not quite accurate snapshot. At least twice a week would make more sense.

It is difficult to lose weight when you're not 20 years old anymore, since there are more real world challenges and your metabolism isn't making things any easier. Just remember - baby steps. Rome wasn't built in a day. Some days you'll feel inspired, while on others you'll be dragging. It'll be a long slog, but if you set your mind to it you can get there.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Me, I'd weigh myself bi-weekly. Drink your water, let it flush out years of storage. Numbers mean nothing right now. Focus on your lifestyle change first.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Monster

this morning. been eating 1500-2000 calories a day. haven't had any problems when I sleep like I did last week. thought the number would be lower than this because yesterday afternoon I was 294 and that was after I had lunch and drank lots of water during the day.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    *Update on the Keto diet went from 196 to 189 as of today, started on 04/18/2017. Lots of water weight I know but still working good so far. Eating tons of meat, fats , vegetables and even had a bottle of wine on Sunday while watching the Caps game.
    Man, I was interested when I read this and decided to try it myself. Starting Saturday (weigh-in 172.4) I have been eating two large meals a day, ~1000 calories each, consisting of steak, ground beef, eggs, avocado, bacon, salmon sashimi, low carb vegetables, cooking everything in butter and eating a spoonful or two per day of coconut oil, drinking nothing but water and black coffee, and riding my exercise bike an hour a day while playing NHL 17. As of yesterday evening (4 days in), I am down 5.5 lbs to 166.9. Not a bad start. I really like this fat and protein based low carb diet because my energy level is high and constant all day. I eat breakfast at 7am and don't eat anything else until dinner at 6pm, but I don't feel hungry or tired all day. And there has been no urge whatsoever to snack. Couple of friends came over to play Settlers of Catan the other night and they were drinking beers, but I felt very comfortable declining and drinking multiple glasses of water instead.

Thanks for inadvertently putting me onto this, Canucks Fan

Dobber Sports Monster

i see what you guys mean about weighing yourself every other day to have a better idea where you're at. i was 295.1 in the morning and now i just weighed myself and i was 292.2 and i am hydrated. going to do that for now on

Dobber Sports Monster

293.8 this morning. its slow progress but overall i feel fine right now. not having the late night episodes where i feel numb and ready to pass out. my diet could actually be better than i have been eating so if i really buckle down here i could lose the 4-5 lbs in a week. I watched baseball at the ball fields all day on sunday and felt fine, usually if im out of the house for awhile i have to go back home cuz im not feeling well after a few hours but i had a great day. Going to do my best this week. Not playing in baseball games yet but there may be practice on friday which i will participate in.

checked my blood pressure at walmart the other day as well and it came back fine. wasn't in the optimal level but im glad it wasn't high.