Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Are you in the Toronto area? I would love to meet up with you and personally help you.

I am a firefighter, owned my own first aid and CPR company for 7 years, have made countless meals plans for people and am addicted to having a health lifestyle...especially after having open-heart surgery in July of 2016.

And your symptoms from last night are not normal by the way. Your doctor may by right that there is nothing physically wrong with you, but emotionally there is and that can lead to every symptom you had last night. Please do not ignore them if they happen tonight. Focus on your breathing. In through your nose and out through your mouth. Repeat repeat repeat. Nice and deep. If your symptoms persist, you WILL be calling 911.

This is your wakeup call.
    i live in bc actually. thanks a lot for the gesture, you guys are very kind. but yes this is a wake up call for sure. i know for sure if i have too much coffee....like 6 cups ill be too shaky to the point where i cant walk around in the grocery store. i had 2 cups today and i feel ok and my heart rate is 92. but its probably good idea i cut out all caffeine and work on breathing exercises. a buddy of mine thought i may suffer f3om ptsd that may be why i get tense and shaky

Dobber Sports Monster

i read up more on my symptoms. it said being obese can cause poor circulation and make u wake u feeling numb / tingly and dizzy. F This i dont want to develop sleep apnea either. i will just stick to green tea no sugar in the morning.

to be honest im scared about all this but before i wasnt scared and kept falling off my diet. i feel woken up now. no garbage going into my system....let the garbagemen handle the garbage....denzel washington quote lol. am going to think of my body as a temple .... no garbage and no poison going in my body. going to DETOX NOW

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you want results? time to get moving and stop postingabout wanting to.
    am just trying to create dialogue here but i see wat ur getting at

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Also, take immediate action on the things that are really obviously bad for you like the alcohol, caffeine, energy drinks, fast food. Cut them out completely.
    Exactly; don't slowly attempt to phase it out... cold turkey that $%!& and cut it out fully!

Shakes, numbness, being lightheaded... If your doctor says that you're physically fine, then take action on the negative food/liquid intakes in your life and see if that helps. If it still doesn't and your doc says your fine at that point, then I would seek a 2nd opinion ASAP.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    am just trying to create dialogue here but i see wat ur getting at
    I'm not asking or suggesting to stop posting... You wanted accountability, so I tried to give a bit of it -- pushing those posts into action.

What I want to see is posts on your progress - NOT on your wants.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am in good shape but if I drank 6 cups of coffee I'd probably be vibrating like a three legged washing machine.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    What I want to see is posts on your progress - NOT on your wants.

That's some good ol' though lovin' there Luca
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

about to turn 42.

5'10"

2 years ago, this time I was told I had to watch cholesterol. Weighed 218lbs. Started an exercise regime much like Dobbers. Started working out (think I posted on your last thread Stuntman). Nothing crazy. Lots of walking (invested in a pedometer - Fitbit to keep me accountable).

Started taking Omega's CoQ10 (natural remedies) in conjunction to 12,000 steps a day goal and 1000 calorie deficiency.

By July I had lost 20 lbs (198) and had got my cholesterol back into normal range.

Unfortunately for me, Most of my 12,000 steps I took with my ole dog (Black Lab) back then (5km in the morning and then a shorter jaunt at night). But she hit a brick wall from a mobility standpoint (was 13yrs) and I lost my interest in walking without her. Preparing for the inevitable "put down", she has since carried on doing "WHAT SHE COULD/CAN" and is 14 1/2 now and still "doing what she can". I'd think/hope I'd see motivation in that, but I've failed to gain the motivation to return to the healthy living I was seeing results with. I guess I'm using her as a crutch thinking... "I'll get back to it when she's final gone". But I clearly don't want to wish that time away.

I know what works for me... I just have to do it.

Now about to turn 42, I've locked myself in at 222lbs (Heaviest I've ever been) and have re-set my step goal to 10,000 (if I can hit that with regularity I will up it again to 12,000).

I have a goal of 200-205 which was an optimal weight for my body mass.

Will make a Summer time goal to lose these 15 - 20 lbs.

Here I go. Good Luck Stuntman. Just takes commitment despite the distractions and weaknesses of human nature.

The Magnificent One

Stunt - I agree with others in trying to turn your zeal for posting about this stuff into actually implementing and executing upon a plan of action. Every time you make a forum post, do something active. Seriously. Every time you leave a room, do something active. Before you sit down at a computer or in front of a TV, do something active. Or if not something active, then have a glass of water. The more you link positive behavior with your daily activity, the more it will become ingrained.

Think of it like wearing a seatbelt. The first dozen times you'll need to conscientiously remember to do it, but after a while it becomes habit.

You can do this - just translate your interest into action. We'll be here to cheer you on.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

i read up more on my symptoms. it said being obese can cause poor circulation and make u wake u feeling numb / tingly and dizzy. F This i dont want to develop sleep apnea either. i will just stick to green tea no sugar in the morning.

to be honest im scared about all this but before i wasnt scared and kept falling off my diet. i feel woken up now. no garbage going into my system....let the garbagemen handle the garbage....denzel washington quote lol. am going to think of my body as a temple .... no garbage and no poison going in my body. going to DETOX NOW
    One more thing: you don't have to build Rome in a day. Just apply your changes consistently. I was referring to the really obvious bad stuff being a good place to start. And then you build on that.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Exercising every day for two years, about 45 minutes - 4.2 miles per hour on the treadmill carrying 10-pound dumbbells.
    wow. i do 2.0 mph on 10% incline and im BEAT after 45 minutes. if i bump it up to 2.5 mph i can do about 10-15 minutes straight lol

but im looking for a job at the moment, preferably one that you have to move around, i liked working nights at walmart since you were always moving around and when i worked 5 days a week i would eat 3000-3500 and be maintaining (250-255 lbs). then again i would be walking 5 + miles a night and working the pet aisle. but will never do nights like that again, hard on your health. could never get 8 hours sleep during the day. sleep for 4 hours, wake up drink water, go to sleep for another 1-2 hours then i couldnt sleep anymore.

but the symptoms from the other night didnt come back last night. had a very good sleep. i notice if i eat way too much, drink too much alcohol (anything more than 3), drink too much coffee (anything more than 3 cups), or if i under eat (1000 calories for example), over exert myself in anyway (i did this lots at walmart, tried to impress the bosses all the time and finish my work ahead of everyone else) then i feel so screwed up. gotta have that right balance. when i was 12 or 13 and i lost 50 or so lbs in 3 months i was probably eating 800-1200 calories a day. if i did that now boy that would be hell on my body

Dobber Sports Master

your stamina will increase over time if you stay committed to using treadmill . once you start using treadmill as a back scratcher (friend of a friend apparently did this )and using it to hang clothes on its game over .

now that winters over I'd take your walking routine outside though - find a nice place to walk to mix things up a bit .

have you ever gone for a sleep apnea test ?

Dobber Sports Titan

26yrs old, 6'7", 205lbs last I checked. My body has always been odd. Went to Jamaica and lost weight on the trip. I think I just hold a lot of water and I was sweating it out.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    your stamina will increase over time if you stay committed to using treadmill . once you start using treadmill as a back scratcher (friend of a friend apparently did this )and using it to hang clothes on its game over .

now that winters over I'd take your walking routine outside though - find a nice place to walk to mix things up a bit .

have you ever gone for a sleep apnea test ?
    no never. i went through a boat load of tests a couple of years ago when my symptoms first came but the doc said everything came back very good and that i just need to lose weight and cut down the caffeine intake. i even get my blood sugar tested every couple weeks and i pass with flying colors. i wake up 4.8 blood sugar reading and 5.5 when i go to bed.

but as a good friend of mine says "think sick and you'll be sick"

I...am your father.

wow. i do 2.0 mph on 10% incline and im BEAT after 45 minutes. if i bump it up to 2.5 mph i can do about 10-15 minutes straight lol
    This takes a while to get to. The first four months were 3.5 mph (I never went slower than that, you have to at least get to that) for 30 minutes, with two-pound dumbells. After 23 months (where I'm at today) it's 45 minutes, 4.2 mph, 10 pound dumbbells that I'll swap for 15 pounders for a few minutes in the middle. Is the incline going by 10% for each 1.0 you raise it? If so, then I do 15% to 25% incline...but I don't really know what 1.5 or 2.5 means

When I jog (maybe 5.7 mph for 5 or 10 minutes in the middle of my fast walk), I have to use the two-pound dumbbells. Too hard to jog with 10 pounders. But carry dumbbells! It's a great way to increase the calories burned.

PS - I sleep 5.5 hours per night, and as long as I get a good 7-hour night in on Friday, I'm good to go. I wouldn't worry too much about 8 hours of sleep - sleep needs are based on the person.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi