Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

228.4 lbs

I haven't been this weight since 2009 lol. Can't believe I've made it this far. Still a little ways to go. I've ramped up my walking schedule from 1.5 hours x 5 days a week to 2.0 hours x 5 days a week. I noticed my confidence is fairly high now. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to lose weight in the first place. I was so sick and tired of having a low self-esteem and being self-conscious all the time. After the holidays I went from 231 to 236 so been working my way back down.

Do you guys think 1500 calories a day is too little? That is what I'm eating right now, it doesn't feel like it's too low though. I don't feel too tired after doing 2 hours walking. However, I find I been needing more sleep lately. Might be due to the more exercise I been doing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    228.4 lbs

I haven't been this weight since 2009 lol. Can't believe I've made it this far. Still a little ways to go. I've ramped up my walking schedule from 1.5 hours x 5 days a week to 2.0 hours x 5 days a week. I noticed my confidence is fairly high now. That was one of the main reasons I wanted to lose weight in the first place. I was so sick and tired of having a low self-esteem and being self-conscious all the time. After the holidays I went from 231 to 236 so been working my way back down.
    Well done my friend. Glad to see the progress is continuing! it gets easier to feel good about yourself when you're feeling good.

Happy to see the Stuntman return! Been a while!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Well done my friend. Glad to see the progress is continuing! it gets easier to feel good about yourself when you're feeling good.

Happy to see the Stuntman return! Been a while!
    Thanks buddy. It's been tough lately. Been busy with school, working on my weight, have also been fairly depressed lately as well. I should be ok. I missed lucafen

Dobber Sports Jedi

Thanks buddy. It's been tough lately. Been busy with school, working on my weight, have also been fairly depressed lately as well. I should be ok. I missed lucafen
    school's a grind, weightloss is a grind.. sounds like your life is a grind. Head up, one day at a time. Seems like things are trending in the right direction for you, even if it doesn't always feel that way day to day. We've all missed ya SM.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    school's a grind, weightloss is a grind.. sounds like your life is a grind. Head up, one day at a time. Seems like things are trending in the right direction for you, even if it doesn't always feel that way day to day. We've all missed ya SM.
    Thanks for the kind words lucafen. Been talking with a buddy of mine and he's been giving me good life advice along the way as well. Learning to not care so much what others think of me is something I've been working on. I've been doing a few things lately I wouldn't DARE do a year ago lets put it that way lol. Nothing bad of course. I know the biggest thing to work on yet is handing my emotions. I let it get the best of me many times. It's good to be back. I am starting to feel out of the loop when it comes to hockey lol.

Dobber Sports Monster

Another new low. Haven't been this low since 2008. Back in 08 I was as low as about 210 ish? Still walking 1.5 - 2 hours 4-6 times a week. Diet is still going good. Really feels like I have to fight tooth and nail just to lose a few lbs at this weight but no way am I giving up after coming this far. My ultimate goal is to get to at least 190 .... 180 is a possibility. Seen a buddy of mine I haven't seen in a couple months and he said he noticed I lost weight. I'm not telling people I know that I'm trying to lose weight just to see when people make a comment lol

Dobber Sports Pro

Super proud of you, Stuntman! It is very easy to make a life-altering decision to improve oneself, but quite hard to actually maintain the discipline necessary to put the plan in practice. Especially when change needs to be hard won with significant sacrifice over a long period of time. Here we are almost two years later and you are doing it, with great success! I think your idea to keep yourself accountable on this thread has probably been a key element in that success. It is hard to overstate the difference between 297 lbs and 225 lbs. It is absolutely massive, especially in terms of its implications for your long term health. Don't become complacent (I don't think you are), because if you keep this up before long you are going to find yourself with a weight that starts with a 1 instead of a 2! When was the last time that was the case, my friend?

Major kudos to you. Keep up the good work!

Dobber Sports Sage

Another new low. Haven't been this low since 2008. Back in 08 I was as low as about 210 ish? Still walking 1.5 - 2 hours 4-6 times a week. Diet is still going good. Really feels like I have to fight tooth and nail just to lose a few lbs at this weight but no way am I giving up after coming this far. My ultimate goal is to get to at least 190 .... 180 is a possibility. Seen a buddy of mine I haven't seen in a couple months and he said he noticed I lost weight. I'm not telling people I know that I'm trying to lose weight just to see when people make a comment lol
    Great job bro. That's a really difficult thing to do. To maintain it you have to change habits and literally re-write the habits in your brain. Sounds like you're well on your way. Keep telling yourself 180lbs is attainable. Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports All-Star

Very proud of you as well ST12.

I joined a gym for the first time in 35 years 8 months ago and I go about 3 times a week. I didn't have a weight issue but felt I was getting lazy. I was just looking to trim down and tone up which I have been doing although, I haven't lost much weight.

When I see people at the gym that are over weight, I think of how hard it must be and I root for them. I have mentioned a good friend of mine to you who has lost 135 lbs in the last year by diet and hard work. He started at 400 lbs! It's a tough journey but definitely worth it. It has to do a lot for your confidence as well as your overall health. Just being able to do things that were always tough to do must be so gratifying. Keep it up!

Dobber Sports Deity

I wouldn't consider myself big by any means, but when I had my recent checkup, I was told that I was borderline diabetic and needed to shed some pounds to get my blood sugars in line. I overindulged a lot over Christmas and saw my weight get up just under 200 lbs. Not huge, but big for a guy like me.

I decided to give the ole Keto a try and so far so good. Since 19 January (basically a month), I am down 21 lbs to roughly 178lbs. I am away from home for six months on deployment so it's easier to avoid the temptations that I love to indulge at home (beer mainly) so this makes it easier. That and going to lift weights on a regular basis is helping as well.

I was skeptical on the Keto but I must say, for me, results are there. I want to get down to somewhere close to 165 lbs, 35 lbs since Christmas roughly so I still have a bit to go, but so far so good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Super proud of you, Stuntman! It is very easy to make a life-altering decision to improve oneself, but quite hard to actually maintain the discipline necessary to put the plan in practice. Especially when change needs to be hard won with significant sacrifice over a long period of time. Here we are almost two years later and you are doing it, with great success! I think your idea to keep yourself accountable on this thread has probably been a key element in that success. It is hard to overstate the difference between 297 lbs and 225 lbs. It is absolutely massive, especially in terms of its implications for your long term health. Don't become complacent (I don't think you are), because if you keep this up before long you are going to find yourself with a weight that starts with a 1 instead of a 2! When was the last time that was the case, my friend?

Major kudos to you. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you for your kind words. I know this has not only been a weight loss journey but a journey to evolve as a human being. I know I was not nice to many people around me, including you and you were kind enough to accept my apology about a year ago. I can feel the differences already both physically and mentally/emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Great job bro. That's a really difficult thing to do. To maintain it you have to change habits and literally re-write the habits in your brain. Sounds like you're well on your way. Keep telling yourself 180lbs is attainable. Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're probably right.
    Thank you MZac. Much of the success I have attained was attributed to the advice I was getting from everyone on the board for which I am very thankful for.

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Very proud of you as well ST12.

I joined a gym for the first time in 35 years 8 months ago and I go about 3 times a week. I didn't have a weight issue but felt I was getting lazy. I was just looking to trim down and tone up which I have been doing although, I haven't lost much weight.

When I see people at the gym that are over weight, I think of how hard it must be and I root for them. I have mentioned a good friend of mine to you who has lost 135 lbs in the last year by diet and hard work. He started at 400 lbs! It's a tough journey but definitely worth it. It has to do a lot for your confidence as well as your overall health. Just being able to do things that were always tough to do must be so gratifying. Keep it up!
    That is great to hear you have joined a gym and are bettering yourself as well. I agree losing this much weight does a lot to your confidence. I was very shy and timid at 300 lbs but am starting to break out of that shell I was in. Am a little more out-going. Still shy in some circumstances but I think I am well on my way to become a confident individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself big by any means, but when I had my recent checkup, I was told that I was borderline diabetic and needed to shed some pounds to get my blood sugars in line. I overindulged a lot over Christmas and saw my weight get up just under 200 lbs. Not huge, but big for a guy like me.

I decided to give the ole Keto a try and so far so good. Since 19 January (basically a month), I am down 21 lbs to roughly 178lbs. I am away from home for six months on deployment so it's easier to avoid the temptations that I love to indulge at home (beer mainly) so this makes it easier. That and going to lift weights on a regular basis is helping as well.

I was skeptical on the Keto but I must say, for me, results are there. I want to get down to somewhere close to 165 lbs, 35 lbs since Christmas roughly so I still have a bit to go, but so far so good.
    Wow 21 pounds is incredible. Hope you reach your goals in the very near future. Been hearing lots of good things on keto, people on the internet and family + friends as well.

Dobber Sports Titan

Dude you were 297lbs when you started this. You've killed it!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

Just realised it's been like 4 months since my last update. My lowest has been 222.8 lbs. Been basically hovering between 222.8 and 225 lbs. Had a close family member pass away so I kept my calories up. Was hard to eat but everyone kept telling me to make sure I eat enough. On top of that I was working every day for 6 weeks straight. Weight loss was on the back of my mind. I'm just sorting everything in my life out right now so I still plan on nearing 200 lbs by the end of the year. All is well right now.

Haven't been here too often but it's nice to check in and see everyone still posting.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

228.4 lbs

Do you guys think 1500 calories a day is too little? That is what I'm eating right now, it doesn't feel like it's too low though. I don't feel too tired after doing 2 hours walking. However, I find I been needing more sleep lately. Might be due to the more exercise I been doing.
    Holy wow! I’ve lost touch with this thread. I was this weight months ago when you gained traction in your journey. I’m STILL THIS WEIGHT! Need some motivation of my own!

Proud of you stuntman!!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Holy wow! I’ve lost touch with this thread. I was this weight months ago when you gained traction in your journey. I’m STILL THIS WEIGHT! Need some motivation of my own!

Proud of you stuntman!!!
    Hope you reach your goals very soon! It can be done.