Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

The Magnificent One

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    One day you'll have to decide between the beer/food and adding pounds. Once you make the decision you'll realize it's really not that difficult to put alcohol aside.
    It is definitely true that you will have to either stop eating certain foods or be more careful about moderation if you hope to not gain weight as you age. When I was 30 I had pizza twice a week, lots of pasta, and never really thought about what I ate or how much, nor exercising (although I was pretty active). Fast forward to now, and I take 10,000+ steps most days, eat pizza once a week, have another "fun" meal once a week (where I eat more, plus can include some junk), but otherwise watch what I eat at all times. Also no alcohol and rarely any dessert.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    It is definitely true that you will have to either stop eating certain foods or be more careful about moderation if you hope to not gain weight as you age. When I was 30 I had pizza twice a week, lots of pasta, and never really thought about what I ate or how much, nor exercising (although I was pretty active). Fast forward to now, and I take 10,000+ steps most days, eat pizza once a week, have another "fun" meal once a week (where I eat more, plus can include some junk), but otherwise watch what I eat at all times. Also no alcohol and rarely any dessert.
    My diet is fairly decent... lots of meat and veggies, not an outrageous amount of carbs. But those two IPAs a day add up calorie-wise.

Dobber Sports Genius

Without getting too technical, the number you weigh means nothing. 230 pounds and 33% bodyfat is a lot different than 230 pounds and 12% percent bodyfat. I am the latter. I've been working out for 22 years though.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Without getting too technical, the number you weigh means nothing. 230 pounds and 33% bodyfat is a lot different than 230 pounds and 12% percent bodyfat. I am the latter. I've been working out for 22 years though.
    Good point. 230-250 can look statuesque if someone is 6 foot plus with a low body fat percent, or not so much if they are under 6 foot and high body fat percent. If someone just throws out their weight with no other info then it doesn't mean much in terms of physical fitness.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    The amount of work it would take for me to ever be that weight, even at 6'3", is overwhelming. I assume that must be what it feels like for someone who feels the opposite about their weight.

Dobber Sports Star

One day you'll have to decide between the beer/food and adding pounds. Once you make the decision you'll realize it's really not that difficult to put alcohol aside.
    Your own personal experience isn't always universal, you know. One of the fittest, healthiest guys I know is close to 50 and drinks beer every night.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Your own personal experience isn't always universal, you know. One of the fittest, healthiest guys I know is close to 50 and drinks beer every night.
    Just look at "Cowboy" Donald Cerrone (UFC)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

Geez, my junk weighs more

Jokes aside, I'm 215lbs and 5'11

PS: Eric, do you still drink huge amounts of water every day? I think you were the one who had posted that last year in Stuntman's weight loss thread... Anyways, it really worked for me since I didn't change much in terms of activities or food intake but I do drink way more water than I used to and I lost about 10lbs since.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Geez, my junk weighs more
    Aren't you the lucky one? Stop bragging!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Giant

Aren't you the lucky one? Stop bragging!

LOL!!!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Veteran

6'1", 155 from high school to age 30 eating just about anything. Very active those years in hockey, football, baseball.
    Spent 30 years in a very stressful career. Stress, depression, anxiety, retiring at 58 188 lbs. Retiring from the stress and I dropped 10 lbs in 6 months.
    At 62 I'm very comfortable at 170. 10,000+ steps a day. Watch sodium and sugar intake.
    So many life factors impact your weight. Not just the dietary intake.
    As long as you have a plan and be sensible, you will see benefits.
    Cheers Stuntman, wish you well and good health my man ��
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    am going to hold myself accountable and keep track of my weight week by week. I started last wednesday and i was 297.2 lbs. Did good with my eating for the most part this week and especially today. Going to post my weekly weigh in and just use that as some what of a motivator. We will see what the scale says in the morning

April 19: 297.2
    April 26: 296.5 - hardly any change. i could have done better if i didnt eat mcdonalds the other day. but cutting out all coffee or any drinks with added sugar
    Accountability starts right now. With the amount of threads you've started regarding fitness, dieting, weight. Your desire is there, your drive is no up to par with that desire.

You don't need to cut out coffee, walking on a treadmill 45min/day on an incline is a goodstart. Now that the weather is getting better ? take it outside. Find sometrails and just go! Add some jogging to it, really push yourself.

And skip Tim?s & McDonalds. Go to subway if you cannotresist the urge to eat out.

You keep talking about making changes. Now you need to makethem. Every day is day one ? get up and hold yourself accountable for THAT day.No one can make you do it. You have toturn that want and desire into action. It?s on you and you alone to make thatchange.These posts/threads mean littleif you don?t follow through on your end. You?ve got a huge community thatsupports you start to finish? however we?re only words, you need to act.

If you want results? time to get moving and stop postingabout wanting to.

Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If you want results? time to get moving and stop posting about wanting to.
    Man, this statement made me think about if we all spent every minute of forum posting time working out instead. Figure a minute for the average post, so a person with 10,000 posts to date would have completed 10,000 minutes of exercise they didn't have otherwise. Imagine how much different that person would look in that alternate reality than they do now.

/tangent

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    My diet is fairly decent... lots of meat and veggies, not an outrageous amount of carbs. But those two IPAs a day add up calorie-wise.

Beer is fine......if you don't ever eat dessert. As you get older there's room for still treating yourself, but the difference is you'll need to subtract something else to make room. It's tradeoffs.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Beer is fine......if you don't ever eat dessert. As you get older there's room for still treating yourself, but the difference is you'll need to subtract something else to make room. It's tradeoffs.
    Beer is my dessert