Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I am down another 2.3 lbs and that makes it 24.9 lbs on the year. So basically at the 1/4 way point. So far it doesn't seem like that much time has went by. Time has flown so far and I'm not having too much trouble doing this. The one thing I gotten used to is saying no. I don't know how many times I've been asked if I wanted take out but I been saying no a lot. I've realized that like 80% of weight loss has to do with your diet. Exercise is a good tool to add in there but if your diet aint right then you won't lose weight. I remember I lost 50-60 lbs when I was 14 so I know I can do this and be in it for the long haul. Just had to get my head straight and stay focused. So far so good. Hope to keep it that way.
    Hey SM, I’ve been busy at work and away from the boards but glad to see that you’ve been doing really good with your journey!

Keep it up buddy!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Monster

Still have had net positive weigh ins every week this year. Slowed down a little but and am averaging exactly 1.9 lbs a week. Am down 26.6 lbs so far. At new years when I was at 303 I remember putting on one of my jackets and I couldn't even fit it. I felt so disgusted with myself. I tried it on today and it fit good. That made me feel very happy. I know I still got a ways to go. 76 lbs to get under 200 lbs but it's a good feeling that I've came a long way already. Just keep chipping away at this and things will fall into place. I notice that I think a lot differently than I did before. Before new years I was feeling discouraged and basically had given up, only 29 years old and am now feeling like I have hope for the future and excited for what it brings.

The Great One

Losing slowly means you're doing things in a way that not only will lead you to success in your goal but also provides you with the best chance of keeping it off, IMO. Keep it up!
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

2018-01-01 303
    2018-01-08 300.5 -2.5
    2018-01-15 300 -0.5
    2018-01-22 296.1 -3.9
    2018-01-29 294 -2.1
    2018-02-05 292 -2
    2018-02-12 289.3 -2.7
    2018-02-19 286.8 -2.5
    2018-02-26 284.6 -2.2
    2018-03-05 283.9 -0.7
    2018-03-12 283.2 -0.7
    2018-03-19 280.4 -2.8
    2018-03-26 278.1 -2.3
    2018-04-02 277.1 -1
    2018-04-09 276.4 -0.7
    2018-04-16 273.8 -2.6

-29.2 lbs in 15 weeks

Funny thing is nobody really noticed so far. I do. I'm finishing school this week so I'll have more time to do my walks. I usually do an hour a day.

Dobber Sports Sage

Nice work stuntman!

Current: 195.2lbs

Goal: 185 by July 1st
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Nice work stuntman!

Current: 195.2lbs

Goal: 185 by July 1st
    Right on Mzac. I hope to get to 185 by around Feb - March 2019. Good luck with your goal.

Dobber Sports Monster

267.4 this morning

-35.6 since January 1st, 2018

Averaging 1.87 lbs per week so far. The pace has slowed down a little bit but staying active. I usually walk for an hour 3-5 times a week and have started to play some basketball. This is the first time I've been in the 260's for a couple years now. Still have had net positive results every week this year.

Administrator

That's outstanding!

It's very normal for your pace to slow down. At first it happens quickly because your body is getting rid of the over-bloating. Even if you're slowing down in terms of numbers you're still burning through pounds quickly relative to your current body weight.

Basketball is great for running/cardio. Just be mindful of your legs and ankles because injuries happen. Also, don't be the guy that takes out the scorekeeper's table to keep the ball in-bounds. It's cool in the moment and your teammates will love your effort but it adds up over time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    That's outstanding!

It's very normal for your pace to slow down. At first it happens quickly because your body is getting rid of the over-bloating. Even if you're slowing down in terms of numbers you're still burning through pounds quickly relative to your current body weight.

Basketball is great for running/cardio. Just be mindful of your legs and ankles because injuries happen. Also, don't be the guy that takes out the scorekeeper's table to keep the ball in-bounds. It's cool in the moment and your teammates will love your effort but it adds up over time.
    Thanks Eric! The past 4 weeks is -6.4 which is not bad in the grand scheme of things. Thats almost 77 lbs over 12 months. So far just shooting the ball around with my brother. We're going to the gym today and play a little 1 on 1. My twin is 242 so I'm catching up to him. Basketball is sure keeping it fun to be active though and that seems to be one of the big keys.

One of the biggest things I've learned is - 'eat to live and not live to eat'. There is no need to eat 3000-4000 calories on a regular basis if you're not going to burn it off.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    The past 4 weeks is -6.4 which is not bad in the grand scheme of things. Thats almost 77 lbs over 12 months.
    Exactly. Dropping 6 points in a month is a great pace.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Legend

Stunt, congrats! That's some hard work, dedication and perseverance by you!
    I need to drop a few pounds as well. At last physical I was 191 and would like to get down to 175 if possible. I'm 5-10.
    I've been cooking a lot more instead of getting takeout, etc. which is a help.
    But I need to exercise more - haven't played hockey in a while and need to get back on the ice, or at least do the bike, the kettlebell and some burpees.
    Great job, though, keep it up!!

The Great One

Slow loss means you're not starving yourself. Most likely you're achieving a near perfect mix of exercise and calorie intake - enough to allow you to lose weight but also leaving you less in a state of denial when it comes to food. And, as such, you're less likely to fall of the wagon. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Monster

I had a scare about a week ago. I kept getting heart palpitations and it scared the heck out of me. My blood pressure was 146/90 with a heart rate of 105. The doctor asked if I was taking any illicit drugs, I said no of course. I said I been trying to lose weight all year and told her how much I lost. I went on to say I drink 6 cups of coffee a day and she said that was the most likely culprit of this happening. Two XL Coffee's at Tim Hortons has 400 mg caffeine, plus I was drinking 3-5 Coke Zero cans per day which have 45 mg of caffeine (each can). I had no idea they had that much caffeine so I cut down to 2 cups of coffee a day, NO diet pop or any of that garbage anymore. I feel much better. They hooked me up to an ECG machine and checked my heart, did a bunch of blood tests and they said my heart is very healthy that I just need to cut back on the caffeine and to keep losing weight. 264.2 this morning and -38.8 on the year. Have had net positive weeks for all 21 weigh ins this year. Other than that hiccup, everything has been going very well. I feel great today. Going to do an hour walk today.

I haven't been at this weight for almost 3 years now. I can feel a huge difference from when I was 303 I'll tell you that much!

These are my last 10 weigh ins. So far on the year I only lost 3+ lbs once. I'd rather it be 1-2.

278.1 -2.3
    277.1 -1
    276.4 -0.7
    273.8 -2.6
    271.7 -2.1
    270.2 -1.5
    270.1 -0.1
    267.4 -2.7
    266.1 -1.3
    264.2 -1.9

Dobber Sports Master

199.9 today ; its tough keeping the weight off when your nursing an meniscus tear x 2 . I'll have to smarten up to get back to 193

The Great One

Opt for non-caffeinated diet soda, or, even better, seltzer or soda water since it usually has fewer chemicals