Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Dude, You were almost 300lbs and you're around 225lbs now. AND A HEALTHY 225lb! I bet your knees are loving your progression right now! After blowing out my knee in grade 12 this is how I now view everything. Knee related...
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Keep up the hard work Stuntman. You have a lot to be proud of already and I hope you recognize that. Keep doing what you're doing.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Dude, You were almost 300lbs and you're around 225lbs now. AND A HEALTHY 225lb! I bet your knees are loving your progression right now! After blowing out my knee in grade 12 this is how I now view everything. Knee related...
    Very true. I was 303 at my absolute highest. Could never imagine being that high ever again. I still feel overweight which is why I want to lose another 25-30 lbs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Dobber Sports Monster

The only health problems that I am dealing with is my heart skipping a beat. I figure it could be due to stress of losing a close family member, and I suppose drinking 6 cups of coffee a day doesn't help matters either. I will have to make an appointment here soon to get it all checked out. But other than that, I feel good. Last time I had my heart skipping a beat the doctor wasn't worried since I had no chest pain and felt no dizziness. Still some better lifestyle choices I have to make.

Dobber Sports Master

whenever I feel like i've put a few pounds on lately I'm surprised to note that I'm still in the 200-205 range . Should probably aim to get back to the 190-195 range though .

congrats to everyone thats kicking butt in this dept .

Dobber Sports Sage

Nice work Stuntman - very impressive that you've been able to lose that much maintain. Takes discipline to change habits.

I started eating a high fat / low carb (about 30-40g total carbs a day) about 3 months ago.

I'm down from 202.5lbs to 172lbs as of today. I've also been eating only during 8 hour periods (time restricted eating), down over 6% body fat, and about 5 inches off my waist.

Usually 2 decent meals a day and snacks during the 8 hour period. I find this really helps and has been easy to do (not hungry like when I'm burning carbs) with the high fat diet.

Feeling lighter on my feet and it's been good for a back injury I have.

I didn't expect to lose this much weight and thought I'd plateau by now. Time to build some muslce...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Nice work Stuntman - very impressive that you've been able to lose that much maintain. Takes discipline to change habits.

I started eating a high fat / low carb (about 30-40g total carbs a day) about 3 months ago.

I'm down from 202.5lbs to 172lbs as of today. I've also been eating only during 8 hour periods (time restricted eating), down over 6% body fat, and about 5 inches off my waist.

Usually 2 decent meals a day and snacks during the 8 hour period. I find this really helps and has been easy to do (not hungry like when I'm burning carbs) with the high fat diet.

Feeling lighter on my feet and it's been good for a back injury I have.

I didn't expect to lose this much weight and thought I'd plateau by now. Time to build some muslce...

Good for you buddy. Always good to hear stories such as your own. It's not easy but it can be done. Nice.

Dobber Sports Star

I have avoided this thread for reasons you will all understand shortly. In September of 2018, I had a check up with my doctor. I was 49 at the time and a type 2 diabetic just on oral medication to control the blood sugar. My doctor was concerned. I weighed 408 pounds, which was the largest I have ever been, and my blood sugar was the highest A1C I had ever had. My doctor is awesome. Very supportive, but a straight shooter. I will never forget; he said to me on this visit “You know, I will always be your doctor, through the highs and the lows. Do you know why there are no 80 year old 400 pound people around? They are already dead. That is the direction you are headed.” He suggested I start taking insulin to try to control the blood sugar. I knew this was coming, but it is hard to hear from your doctor. I told the doctor that I would like a couple of months trying to get my life back in order before moving to injections of insulin. He agreed.

So... I pulled out the rowing machine from the closet (a Concept II which had been collecting dust for years), and started to watch what I eat. At first, I was only able to do a few minutes on the rowing machine before I needed to stop.

I dieted with success before, but always put the weight back on. I have always thought of myself as an “all or nothing” guy. I can’t eat just 1 cookie. So, I would diet and workout hard, 7 days a week, and would eat nothing bad for me. After a few months of this, I would break. Couldn’t do it any longer. I would stop working out and start eating like shit again, and would gain the weight back.

So, this time has been different. I allow myself to eat pizza or ice cream or potato chips, maybe once a week. I can go out for dinner and have a steak and baked potato every now and then. This has really helped me. I eat really well, most of the time, but allow myself a little treat every now and then.

I also am still rowing. I row for 40 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Again, that break day (usually on Sunday), gives me something to look forward to.

I am 6 ft 3 inches tall. Yesterday, I weighed myself. I come in at 265 pounds and I am the lightest I have been in 25 years. I am still not where I want to be, but I am getting there, and I have lost 143 pounds since September. I bought a pair of jeans a couple of weeks ago, and came in 18 inches smaller in the waist than I was wearing last year. I am sleeping better, and feel really good about myself. I had my A1C done about a month ago, and my doctor said that I had the best results I have since being diagnosed. He said that we could start talking about going off the oral medication for diabetes, as I no longer shows signs. My blood pressure is normal now. My doctor said that he would like me to lose another 65 pounds, but he is so happy with my progress.

So, more than anything, hoping to keep the weight off. Would love to continue to lose a couple pounds a week until I reach my goal.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I have avoided this thread for reasons you will all understand shortly. In September of 2018, I had a check up with my doctor. I was 49 at the time and a type 2 diabetic just on oral medication to control the blood sugar. My doctor was concerned. I weighed 408 pounds, which was the largest I have ever been, and my blood sugar was the highest A1C I had ever had. My doctor is awesome. Very supportive, but a straight shooter. I will never forget; he said to me on this visit “You know, I will always be your doctor, through the highs and the lows. Do you know why there are no 80 year old 400 pound people around? They are already dead. That is the direction you are headed.” He suggested I start taking insulin to try to control the blood sugar. I knew this was coming, but it is hard to hear from your doctor. I told the doctor that I would like a couple of months trying to get my life back in order before moving to injections of insulin. He agreed.

So... I pulled out the rowing machine from the closet (a Concept II which had been collecting dust for years), and started to watch what I eat. At first, I was only able to do a few minutes on the rowing machine before I needed to stop.

I dieted with success before, but always put the weight back on. I have always thought of myself as an “all or nothing” guy. I can’t eat just 1 cookie. So, I would diet and workout hard, 7 days a week, and would eat nothing bad for me. After a few months of this, I would break. Couldn’t do it any longer. I would stop working out and start eating like shit again, and would gain the weight back.

So, this time has been different. I allow myself to eat pizza or ice cream or potato chips, maybe once a week. I can go out for dinner and have a steak and baked potato every now and then. This has really helped me. I eat really well, most of the time, but allow myself a little treat every now and then.

I also am still rowing. I row for 40 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Again, that break day (usually on Sunday), gives me something to look forward to.

I am 6 ft 3 inches tall. Yesterday, I weighed myself. I come in at 265 pounds and I am the lightest I have been in 25 years. I am still not where I want to be, but I am getting there, and I have lost 143 pounds since September. I bought a pair of jeans a couple of weeks ago, and came in 18 inches smaller in the waist than I was wearing last year. I am sleeping better, and feel really good about myself. I had my A1C done about a month ago, and my doctor said that I had the best results I have since being diagnosed. He said that we could start talking about going off the oral medication for diabetes, as I no longer shows signs. My blood pressure is normal now. My doctor said that he would like me to lose another 65 pounds, but he is so happy with my progress.

So, more than anything, hoping to keep the weight off. Would love to continue to lose a couple pounds a week until I reach my goal.

Rylant
    Thank you for sharing this story Rylant. This is absolutely incredible. This can serve as a huge motivator to anyone who is reading this and needing to find motivation or a sign that they should also change their lifestyle and lose weight. You are on a great road by friend. Can't wait to hear how you are doing with your weight loss in the near future. It's not easy sharing stories as you just did, so again, thank you.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Thank you for sharing this story Rylant. This is absolutely incredible. This can serve as a huge motivator to anyone who is reading this and needing to find motivation or a sign that they should also change their lifestyle and lose weight. You are on a great road by friend. Can't wait to hear how you are doing with your weight loss in the near future. It's not easy sharing stories as you just did, so again, thank you.
    Thanks Stuntman. You have also had some great success over the last little bit, which is so awesome to see. I find that motivation for me is the key with sustaining it. The thing for me about motivation, is that it's a bit of a double-edged sword. When I am losing weight, seeing the pounds come off as I weigh myself weekly is motivating. Talking to my doctor is motivating. Hearing success stories such as your own and others in this thread, is motivating. Running into people that I haven't seen in months, when they say "Oh my god. You look fantastic", is motivating. Sadly, it also is the same way when you put weight back on. It is so demoralizing to see that you have put 10 pounds back on. Or that the belt hole that you were using a month ago is too tight for you now. Or when you run into people you haven't seen in a while where you can just see it in their face. They don't want to say anything, but you know that the thoughts are "wow, your putting it back on".

I have always struggled with my weight. Definitely, one of my demons. I am hoping that this can be the time for me, but who knows. It is really nice to see other success stories. Remember when the science said that "fat" was the enemy in food? Times have changed. For me now, the enemy is sugar and simple carbs. Fat is fine.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Monster

Thanks Stuntman. You have also had some great success over the last little bit, which is so awesome to see. I find that motivation for me is the key with sustaining it. The thing for me about motivation, is that it's a bit of a double-edged sword. When I am losing weight, seeing the pounds come off as I weigh myself weekly is motivating. Talking to my doctor is motivating. Hearing success stories such as your own and others in this thread, is motivating. Running into people that I haven't seen in months, when they say "Oh my god. You look fantastic", is motivating. Sadly, it also is the same way when you put weight back on. It is so demoralizing to see that you have put 10 pounds back on. Or that the belt hole that you were using a month ago is too tight for you now. Or when you run into people you haven't seen in a while where you can just see it in their face. They don't want to say anything, but you know that the thoughts are "wow, your putting it back on".

I have always struggled with my weight. Definitely, one of my demons. I am hoping that this can be the time for me, but who knows. It is really nice to see other success stories. Remember when the science said that "fat" was the enemy in food? Times have changed. For me now, the enemy is sugar and simple carbs. Fat is fine.

Rylant
    I know what you mean about people making comments about your weight. It's a very good feeling once people say they notice your weight loss. When I was first putting on the weight and getting up to 300 lbs I didn't even want to leave the house. 3 or 4 years ago I remember staying inside the house 90% of the time avoiding social events since I didn't want people so say "oh look how much weight StuntMan has put on".

You are right about the fat/sugar. Don't fear fat. Just stay away from sugar. Weight has been a life long struggle for me, I have accepted it's just one of them things I may battle with the rest of my life but it's a battle we can all get a handle of.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Rylant
    Amazing Rylant.

Just to share, I believe I may have mentioned this before but a really good friend of mine also weighed over 400 lbs a year ago February. He is now down to 235 and still going. So it can be done with hard work, diet and life style. He is 60 by the way and has done this before, but not from 400 lbs. Keep it up.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

195lbs!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Superstar

Great job fellas, Stuntman and Rylant, you are motivation to others. Keep posting.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Recruit

180 lbs. I wash my hands on a regular basis. I'm glad there's a way to benefit from Sizzling Hot Tricks. Some top reviews can be found there. Just check for yourself.