Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I’m not religious about 17/7 - sometimes it’s 18/6, 16/8, 15/9... It’s more the lifestyle. And I tend to do 6 days, sometimes even 7.

I also think a big part is what you eat at “lunch” - some days i’ll have only nuts, other days something more substantial (even pasta), sometimes a sandwich. But rarely a huge meal.

I also sometimes break the fast at 8 or 9pm but usually only with fruit like grapes.

So i’m definitely not a model of consistency when it comes to TRF, but I do believe in it big time.
    1000% it's a lifestyle change. I just noticed how much senseless eating I was doing before where I would eat something because it was X o clock not because I was actually hungry.

I tend to stick to noon to 7:30/8pm for eating during the week. And then I will take the weekend off of the fasting and sort of recharge. It's also a nice "treat" and something to look forward to during the week.

I only started doing this last January but I can say that being at home for work has definitely made it easier for me.

Dobber Sports Titan

...You're insane Stuntman! Way to go, you were like 297lbs when you first posted in here! The transformation you feel must be ridiculous!

This is so cool. Way to go!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

These stories are all so encouraging. Stick to what makes you feel healthier and feel good. Exercise in the way that you can and that is safe for you and keep going. I've dropped 27 lbs once, and had to drop about 15 after last year... It's positive vibes like this and with the encouragement of some people in my life that I have been able to do it. Positive stories are my favourite stories.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    All of these choices were made by you. You should be proud. I am proud of you.
    Thank you Eric. One of the things that bothered me at the beginning is feeling like I had nobody willing to help me. I felt unguided and didn't know which direction to go. You helped me guide me in the right direction. Same with the others in this thread. It wasn't easy but this jouney has definitely been worth it. I appreciate everything so much.

Quote Originally Posted by CMSpiced View Post
    This is so great to hear. I have also wandered down a dark road for different reasons in the past, which lead to insecurities. I identified that I needed to start making a change in myself and that working out would help (between identification and doing was about 1.5 years between). I feel great now.

You are doing it the right way. Create a goal and continuously improve. Always try to do better than last time.

If you want quality information regarding exercises or diet, I have found coach Greg on Youtube to be a good source of information. He can be a bit much at first, and has a lot of fluff to get views etc. But he has a good information on foods to eat, avoid, calories in/out (He recommends low calories high density foods - to feel full). He also states nothing beats running/steady state cardio in terms of burning calories.
    Thank you for the info . Running is a good exercie. It's amazing the different even just walking can make to someone overweight too. So looking into running once the snow melts. I have a buddy from Kenya who is a very good runner and will seek advice from too .

Hope everything is well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    About a year and a half ago I added another meal to my day and started working out 6x a week. I went from 157 lbs to 180 lbs, my goal was 200 lbs. Due to Covid I no longer work out due to gym being closed during the hours I would go. I adjusted my food intake accordingly and have maintained my weight (I last weighed in at 178). Without working out, I don't want to push for my goal as it wouldn't be the type of weight I want (muscle weight).

I didn't hit my gym goals either, but I wasn't plateaued in any lifts - so time cut short.
    Good luck to you and your fitness goals. Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    It's been a long while, but I remember your posts and messages to me were always upbeat - enthusiastic and excitement! You'd never feel less good after talking to you. I think you would do great in that field!
    Thank you Invictus. I appreciate the kind words. Have a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Stuntman12, awesome job. I’m not going to tell you how to feel, but I’m very proud of all the choices and perseverance you have shown in reaching this point in your life. Mental wellness is a huge part of that. I am all to familiar with the mental wellness journey. It still takes work. Keep at it. Mindfulness and peace to you brother. Peace.
    Having peace of mind is the greatest thing on this earth I believe. All the best to you as well. Always here to chat if anyone has something to get off their chest. Have a great day.

So very happy for you Stuntman! Keep at it!
    Thank you very much. Wishing you the best.

Dobber Sports Monster

I haven’t been on this thread for a long long time. Just wow, I’m so happy for all of you guys who have made so much progress and empathize big time with everyone no matter where they are in their journey.

If I may share my own story.

I’ve always enjoyed hockey and other team sports and that’s been a big help in keeping generally fit (hated personal workouts, pretty much never did it). But as of summer 2017 the combination of high stress job, questionable diet and no working out other than beer league Hockey all came to a head. As of Labor Day 2017, for the first time in my life, I weighed in at over 200 pounds (200.8 to be exact). Now that’s in the frame of a 5 foot 7 guy... I was 49 and to give you an idea, at my marriage age (31) my weight was 169.

decided to do something about it, first a personal trainer three times per week doing mostly high intensity workouts, second step ramp up the beer league hockey, third step, start an intermittent fasting regimen (actually time restricted feeding, which I continued to this day, approximately 17/7 approach). Throw in a ton of walking and hiking (walking is an incredibly underrated workout). And last but absolutely not least, yoga.

I have been consistently 155 to 160 pounds for about 2.5 years now, but more importantly I feel healthy and my metabolism is better than it’s ever been. The word longevity is key there, I turn 53 this summer and I want to feel this way for the long-haul, and I bring up yoga again because it’s not just about strength and fitness (muscle or lean) perspective, as we age it becomes way more about flexibility. That’s where yoga comes in. It is a terrific blend of physical workout (more than you might think), stretching, and (huge for me) breathing and meditation. I highly recommend it for everyone here.

A big step for me was also buying the book atomic habits, I highly recommend it, really refocus your mind on how to maintain good habits and start to eliminate bad ones. I’ve been an occasional smoker ever since college, never more than 4-5 cgarettes a day and often i’d go weeks without smoking, but enough to really become a drag on my health and well-being. This summer it will be three years since I had one, best decision I ever made for my Health and longevity.

I broke my fibula playing beer league hockey in September and was a bit worried at the immobility factor, but it’s gone well and I think I should be on the ice in a week or two.

Last recommendation - echo sentiments on using bands at home, and also recommend 8Fit app (free version), pretty decent way to stay fit at 15-mins a day.

Final word - It’s definitely not just about the actual number, you could be heavier than what you think you should be but actually be right on if you have some solid muscle. And you could be your ideal weight but have not nearly enough muscle, and should put on a few. It’s more about body fat ratio I think. You want to be below 20 if you can, but even low 20s is a good target for the average joe. Between 15-20 is awesome. All of this btw is from the perspective of the middle ager, of course.

Take care guys!
    Thank you for sharing your story! Always fun reading these. You are definitely right its not all about the actual number. Body fat % is everything. I thought being 200 lbs Id be a lot more lean than I am but maybe I just have a smaller frame than I thought lol. Good luck on you and your fitness goals and hope you have recovered well from your injury!

Dobber Sports Icon

I haven’t been super active here the last few years so it’s been a long time since I saw this thread. Way to go StuntMan!!!! That is friggin amazing! Major props to you for making such a healthy lifestyle change!

Side note, just had a button pop off my shirt at work so looks like it’s time for me to make a few changes myself.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I haven’t been super active here the last few years so it’s been a long time since I saw this thread. Way to go StuntMan!!!! That is friggin amazing! Major props to you for making such a healthy lifestyle change!

Side note, just had a button pop off my shirt at work so looks like it’s time for me to make a few changes myself.
    I bought one size up lol we can’t be perfect hahaha.

Stuntman your story is inspirational. Honestly it’s a true testament to the human potential. Way to go.

Dobber Sports Monster

December 31, 2017: 305 lbs

200.0 lbs this morning.

Never thought this day would come honestly. Slowly but surely inching down the scale lol. I'm actually starting to get mistaken for my twin brother now who has always been lighter than me.

Dobber Sports Genius

that's awesome StuntMan
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post

200.0 lbs this morning.

Never thought this day would come honestly. Slowly but surely inching down the scale lol. I'm actually starting to get mistaken for my twin brother now who has always been lighter than me.
    Nicely done bro! Hope you're doing well.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

200 lbs badass! Was that your target goal when you started?
    Was my target , but I was on the other side of it then you were.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

200.0 lbs this morning.

That’s amazing man!!! Way to go!

Dobber Sports Pro

Truly epic work my dude!! Amazing what a shift from high time preference to low preference can do for someone. Doing hard work and delaying gratification is extremely powerful. Keep up the great work!

Dobber Sports Master

200.0 lbs this morning.

thats quite impressive stuntman ; you've come a long ways . I was already poised to smarten up over the summer and try for 190 (currently fluctuating between 200-205)and your news has inspired even more .

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

200.0 lbs this morning.

Beauty job buddy!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..