Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    that's awesome StuntMan
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Nicely done bro! Hope you're doing well.
    Thank you. Am doing well. Definitely in a better place than I was previously. Still working on everything. Hope you're doing good as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    200 lbs badass! Was that your target goal when you started?
    Was my target , but I was on the other side of it then you were.
    May 2011 I made a 'contract' to myself. I drew up a contract and always kept it. The goal was 199.9. Always wanted to hit it lol. Took 10 years but finally there. 185 is where I want to go right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    That’s amazing man!!! Way to go!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Truly epic work my dude!! Amazing what a shift from high time preference to low preference can do for someone. Doing hard work and delaying gratification is extremely powerful. Keep up the great work!
    Very true my friend! Reminds me of what David Goggins was saying, something to the effect of "Choose your hard", basically being fat is hard, losing fat is hard, choose your hard!

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    thats quite impressive stuntman ; you've come a long ways . I was already poised to smarten up over the summer and try for 190 (currently fluctuating between 200-205)and your news has inspired even more .
    Great to hear butch! Hope you reach your health goals in a timely fashion!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Beauty job buddy!!
    Thank you buddy! I miss everyone here. I know I hardly been around the past 6 months to a year but I will do my best to be around more!

Dobber Sports Icon

Posted this on February 24:

Side note, just had a button pop off my shirt at work so looks like it’s time for me to make a few changes myself.
    Since then I’m down 15 lbs and hit my goal weight. Not as impressive as Stuntman but I’m still happy with it. Thanks for the inspiration stuntman. Clothes are fitting better and I have more energy. Can’t wait til we get out of lockdown and the climbing gyms open back up so I can feel the difference on the wall!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Any intermittent fasters on here?? Been doing it for a while now and predictably plateaued a bit.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Any intermittent fasters on here?? Been doing it for a while now and predictably plateaued a bit.
    I do, but not entirely consciously.
    I've never been a breakfast guy.. I almost had to force myself to eat before 10am to get that 'most important meal of the day into me'

Now that I've stopped trying to eat before 10, it's often 11am before i get hungry.
    I camped this weekend and didn't eat anything until after 12. I was out hiking around the mountains around the campsite both mornings as well.

The biggest 'conscious' - thing I've done is not to eat after 8pm.
    It's only conscious because if I get hungry after dinner I look at the time, if it's after 8pm I just drink a few glasses of water, brush my teeth & resist the urge.
    unless it's movie-night - then I'll have popcorn regardless of the time.

My biggest change in the last month has been gluten. I've been going to a naturopath & we decided to cut it out as a test to see how I reacted.
    Well in a month, I'm down 10lbs, no more bloating & some of the pain in my joints is disappearing.
    Gluten feeds inflammation. Cutting it out is helping my body calm down and reduce that.

^^ Intermittent fasting on its own will create a plateau. There's extra weight we carry around because we're always eating. You're going to burn that off within a couple of months and then your body adjusts & stabilizes again. I'm not worried about ketosis or anything like that.

---

If the goal is weight loss. There's some real basic, simple rules where you'll see consistent results.

- Drink lots of water - every day
    - Get enough sleep - every night
    - Avoid proceeded foods & sugars (cookies, crackers, chips etc)
    - Eat lots of veggies & lean meats
    - Be consistently in a calorie deficit - if you take in 2000 calories today - burn 2500 (you burn a ton over the course of a day normally so burning 2500 isn't like you need to run 20 miles a day)

If you just cut out the crap from your daily eating routine & increase your whole food consumption you don't really need to diet more than that.

---

I might still have pizza once in a while, but in 4 weeks comparing how I feel vs. how I felt a month ago. I don't really see the need to eat gluten or carbs.
    I eat a shit-ton of veggies & lean meats. I'm never hungry & not really feeling cravings for junk.
    hardest thing has been cutting out the beer - especially playoff time. I still buy a six pack on the weekend, but gluten free. Whistler Brewing makes a couple good one's.

My only exercise lately is hiking... and some rowing, I have a rower that comes in handy on rainy days. But right now,
    I'm preparing for a couple really grinding hauls - 25km 1300m elevation day hikes & a 3-5 day 50km backpacking trip
    So I'm grinding out 2-3 15-18km hikes a week with a 20lb pack

I've focused on losing weight in the past too much I think. It's forced me into unsustainable routines.

My thoughts now - Feeling good (light on my feet, limber, agile, and endurance are my primary goals ('d like to get my body online to do a 5k trail run. I don't care if I am 180 or 140). Weight loss is more a bi-product of the changes I'm making - not the end goal.

*apparently I had a lot on my mind on this subject. tangent over
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    December 31, 2017: 305 lbs

200.0 lbs this morning.

Never thought this day would come honestly. Slowly but surely inching down the scale lol. I'm actually starting to get mistaken for my twin brother now who has always been lighter than me.
    Simply amazing. Congrats on the achievement!

It helps a bit but I find it helps with feel more than it helps with weight. For me it's helpful in keeping calrories down. If you're time-restricted you're less likely to eat too much.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It's only conscious because if I get hungry after dinner I look at the time, if it's after 8pm I just drink a few glasses of water, brush my teeth & resist the urge.
    Exactly what I do too. I tend to do it during the week and then Friday night I'll lay off a bit. Saturday will depend on what's going on....which is not much lately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

It helps a bit but I find it helps with feel more than it helps with weight. For me it's helpful in keeping calrories down. If you're time-restricted you're less likely to eat too much.
    True. I definitely had an initial big loss but have plateaued now. And I definitely feel and sleep better when I don't eat late. Getting hard now with playoffs and the nice weather.

Dobber Sports Monster

Posted this on February 24:

Since then I’m down 15 lbs and hit my goal weight. Not as impressive as Stuntman but I’m still happy with it. Thanks for the inspiration stuntman. Clothes are fitting better and I have more energy. Can’t wait til we get out of lockdown and the climbing gyms open back up so I can feel the difference on the wall!
    Hey buddy congrats to you! 15 lbs is a great achievement. Very proud of you and your continued journey of good health and happiness

Thats what I usually do. I tend to like to EAT so if I do it all by 12 pm then I just say screw it, I've eaten 1500 ... sometimes 2000 calories and say all I will have in the evening is a coffee and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I do, but not entirely consciously.
    I've never been a breakfast guy.. I almost had to force myself to eat before 10am to get that 'most important meal of the day into me'

Now that I've stopped trying to eat before 10, it's often 11am before i get hungry.
    I camped this weekend and didn't eat anything until after 12. I was out hiking around the mountains around the campsite both mornings as well.

My biggest change in the last month has been gluten. I've been going to a naturopath & we decided to cut it out as a test to see how I reacted.
    Well in a month, I'm down 10lbs, no more bloating & some of the pain in my joints is disappearing.
    Gluten feeds inflammation. Cutting it out is helping my body calm down and reduce that.

^^ Intermittent fasting on its own will create a plateau. There's extra weight we carry around because we're always eating. You're going to burn that off within a couple of months and then your body adjusts & stabilizes again. I'm not worried about ketosis or anything like that.

---

If the goal is weight loss. There's some real basic, simple rules where you'll see consistent results.

- Drink lots of water - every day
    - Get enough sleep - every night
    - Avoid proceeded foods & sugars (cookies, crackers, chips etc)
    - Eat lots of veggies & lean meats
    - Be consistently in a calorie deficit - if you take in 2000 calories today - burn 2500 (you burn a ton over the course of a day normally so burning 2500 isn't like you need to run 20 miles a day)

If you just cut out the crap from your daily eating routine & increase your whole food consumption you don't really need to diet more than that.

---

I might still have pizza once in a while, but in 4 weeks comparing how I feel vs. how I felt a month ago. I don't really see the need to eat gluten or carbs.
    I eat a shit-ton of veggies & lean meats. I'm never hungry & not really feeling cravings for junk.
    hardest thing has been cutting out the beer - especially playoff time. I still buy a six pack on the weekend, but gluten free. Whistler Brewing makes a couple good one's.

My only exercise lately is hiking... and some rowing, I have a rower that comes in handy on rainy days. But right now,
    I'm preparing for a couple really grinding hauls - 25km 1300m elevation day hikes & a 3-5 day 50km backpacking trip
    So I'm grinding out 2-3 15-18km hikes a week with a 20lb pack

I've focused on losing weight in the past too much I think. It's forced me into unsustainable routines.

My thoughts now - Feeling good (light on my feet, limber, agile, and endurance are my primary goals ('d like to get my body online to do a 5k trail run. I don't care if I am 180 or 140). Weight loss is more a bi-product of the changes I'm making - not the end goal.

*apparently I had a lot on my mind on this subject. tangent over
    Wonderful advice here buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

Thank you Eric. Take care.

Dobber Sports Monster

I haven't posted in this thread for awhile. The past 5 years have been incredibly challenging and rewarding for me. I took on the daunting task of losing over 100 lbs. Fighting depression. Currently 198 lbs. I was at 194 lbs at my lowest a few months back. I am working full-time, something I couldn't do in 2015-2018. I remember at one point giving up and thought that I would never be able to work again. I still struggle every now and then, but I still keep fighting through everything. I still continue on the journey for a happy life and help as many people as I can around me. I know I haven't been on the forums much lately but I will always be part of the community. You guys have helped me through some tough times and it's always good to talk hockey with you all.

Dobber Sports Pro

I haven't posted in this thread for awhile. The past 5 years have been incredibly challenging and rewarding for me. I took on the daunting task of losing over 100 lbs. Fighting depression. Currently 198 lbs. I was at 194 lbs at my lowest a few months back. I am working full-time, something I couldn't do in 2015-2018. I remember at one point giving up and thought that I would never be able to work again. I still struggle every now and then, but I still keep fighting through everything. I still continue on the journey for a happy life and help as many people as I can around me. I know I haven't been on the forums much lately but I will always be part of the community. You guys have helped me through some tough times and it's always good to talk hockey with you all.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Great to hear! Such a tough challenge to be consistent over that long period of time, so be proud of yourself.

Dobber Sports Icon

Great work Stuntman. Keep it up! Being healthier is not a goal, it is a process.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Way to go Stuntman. Amazing work.

Dobber Sports Star

Amazing. Apart from anyone saying before the season that Bunting was a must get, this is the best kind of post.

Dobber Sports Monster

Thank you again everyone for the kind and supporting posts. I really appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Master

I stored a few too many nuts this past winter ; hoping to get back into the 190 zone from 205 .

I still work PT at a job that requires walking / bending / lifting and some brains so that helps burn some carbs .

not much left in the tank after that shift since my knees are shot . a lot of ice packs at my house .

I'm glad I didnt donate my 40' waist pants