Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you weigh?

Dobber Sports Monster

Default How much do you weigh?

am going to hold myself accountable and keep track of my weight week by week. I started last wednesday and i was 297.2 lbs. Did good with my eating for the most part this week and especially today. Going to post my weekly weigh in and just use that as some what of a motivator. We will see what the scale says in the morning

Doing my weigh ins each Wednesday

April 19: 297.2
    April 26: 296.5
    May 3rd: 295.1
    May 10th: 293.8
    May 17th: 291.5
    May 24th: 291.6
    May 31st: 288.4
    June 7th: 288.5
    June 14th: 288.1
    June 21st: 286.4
    June 28th: 286.9
    July 5th: 286.0
    July 12th: 284.9
    --------------------
    August 10th: 294.6
    August 17th: 290.1
    Last edited by StuntMan12; August 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

I...am your father.

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Did you have the weight loss post from a year ago? If so, did you gain weight back? What's the background?

Someone had a weightloss post a year or two ago and I "weighed in" (pardon the pun). 23 months ago I was 246 pounds and decided that dieting didn't work, I just gain it back. And quick fixes won't work either. I needed to set easy goals over long periods of time. So I decided to try to work out every day and after doing it for a little bit, I would then decide how long I would keep going. I started very loosey-goosey. I would use the treadmill in my office and watch shows on my computer. After a few weeks, I decided I could do it for a year so my goal was to get under 230 in seven months (which would be New Years 2016). After a few months, I decided I would try it for two years!

New Years 2016 I got to 229-232 range (you bounce back and forth). Now, as I approach the two-year anniversary, I'm in the 220-224 range (still bouncing). So about 25 pounds lost in two years. But the lifestyle change is keeping it off, and I've decided to push it to three years. Normal diets and plans - I would have lost 25 pounds quicker, and gained it back by now. Two years, right? But this way, I'm down 25 pounds and frankly I'm seeing muscles and toning that has never been there before. Best shape of my life right now. I do a double take when I walk past a mirror! lol
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

I'm at 250, and have been forever. I actually just weighed myself last week on my birthday. I know if I watch what I eat and drink, and exercise a bit more, I can lose it, but it is so damn hard being disciplined.

Good luck, stuntman12.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Did you have the weight loss post from a year ago? If so, did you gain weight back? What's the background?

Someone had a weightloss post a year or two ago and I "weighed in" (pardon the pun). 23 months ago I was 246 pounds and decided that dieting didn't work, I just gain it back. And quick fixes won't work either. I needed to set easy goals over long periods of time. So I decided to try to work out every day and after doing it for a little bit, I would then decide how long I would keep going. I started very loosey-goosey. I would use the treadmill in my office and watch shows on my computer. After a few weeks, I decided I could do it for a year so my goal was to get under 230 in seven months (which would be New Years 2016). After a few months, I decided I would try it for two years!

New Years 2016 I got to 229-232 range (you bounce back and forth). Now, as I approach the two-year anniversary, I'm in the 220-224 range (still bouncing). So about 25 pounds lost in two years. But the lifestyle change is keeping it off, and I've decided to push it to three years. Normal diets and plans - I would have lost 25 pounds quicker, and gained it back by now. Two years, right? But this way, I'm down 25 pounds and frankly I'm seeing muscles and toning that has never been there before. Best shape of my life right now. I do a double take when I walk past a mirror! lol
    last year i believe i went from 295 to 286 then stayed there for a little while then went up to 298 and last weeks weigh in i was 297.2 dam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I'm at 250, and have been forever. I actually just weighed myself last week on my birthday. I know if I watch what I eat and drink, and exercise a bit more, I can lose it, but it is so damn hard being disciplined.

Good luck, stuntman12.
    i felt somewhat comfortable at 250 and was there for the longest time. its just when i quit working at walmart i gained lots of weight. walked lots on night shift

Dobber Sports Sage

182 lbs
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt, Hayton
    RW- Batherson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Stone, Wilson, Raymond,
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Ristolainen, Cernak, Barrie
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Levi, Tarasov

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Mintyukov, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, Podskolvin, REvans, Dorofeyev, Anunumen

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

I'm 165 (6 feet 1.5 inches). Except for an extended period of illness, I've been 160-170 for all my entire adult life (46 years old now).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Just turned 30. Been hovering around 165 +- 2 for last several years, but in the last few months that has gone up to a new normal of 172 +- 2. Not triggered by any change in lifestyle, so I guess my metabolism is finally slowing down. Need to change my habits or I'm sure the upward trend will continue.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Just turned 30. Been hovering around 165 +- 2 for last several years, but in the last few months that has gone up to a new normal of 172 +- 2. Not triggered by any change in lifestyle, so I guess my metabolism is finally slowing down. Need to change my habits or I'm sure the upward trend will continue.
    Bingo, and it will only get worse. Count on needing to recalibrate every 3-5 years going forward. Much of the weight gain in adulthood isn't from people suddenly eating more. It's due to sticking with the status quo despite metabolic slowdowns such as what you're describing.

The analogy I like to use is - suppose you're a guy who's hell bent on staying single forever. Until you're about 30 you're likely able to date anyone younger than you. But at 30, suddenly you're no longer able to land dates with coeds. Then when you hit 30, much of the 20-somethings are off the table. And so on, and so on. Just like you have to make adjustments there, so too must you with your diet and food intake.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

220 in my skivvies and 230 with the armor on.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Bingo, and it will only get worse. Count on needing to recalibrate every 3-5 years going forward. Much of the weight gain in adulthood isn't from people suddenly eating more. It's due to sticking with the status quo despite metabolic slowdowns such as what you're describing.

The analogy I like to use is - suppose you're a guy who's hell bent on staying single forever. Until you're about 30 you're likely able to date anyone younger than you. But at 30, suddenly you're no longer able to land dates with coeds. Then when you hit 30, much of the 20-somethings are off the table. And so on, and so on. Just like you have to make adjustments there, so too must you with your diet and food intake.
    Well I'm not gonna stop drinking beer or eating food I like, so I guess I finally have to start exercising every day. lol

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Well I'm not gonna stop drinking beer or eating food I like, so I guess I finally have to start exercising every day. lol
    One day you'll have to decide between the beer/food and adding pounds. Once you make the decision you'll realize it's really not that difficult to put alcohol aside.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

196 last Monday, 193 last Thursday but ideally like to be at about 180. Currently trying the Keto way of eating been on it since last Monday. Weighing myself tomorrow again lost 3 pounds quick the first week.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have the opposite problem. Struggle to keep weight on if I am not intentional. Funny how people have different things they struggle with.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I have the opposite problem. Struggle to keep weight on if I am not intentional. Funny how people have different things they struggle with.
    I struggle to put/keep weight on muscle-wise, but have no trouble lately adding it to the midsection in the form of fat. lol