Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    January 1st, 2018: 303 LBS
    October 24, 2020: 208 LBS

Seemed like 2019 I hit a snag and I believe I only dropped like 10 lbs that year. This year has been good and have been gaining traction. Incredibly hard to lose weight when you are depressed, as I am sure many people who are morbidly obese already are. It's best to look after ones mental health, always. I still struggle from time to time but overall, I am doing good right now. Back in late 2017, I would never have dreamed that I would ever work a job ever again. I was on social assistance and I had given up. Figured, this is it, I can't get out of this hole so I am going to stay here I guess. Takes a lot of hard work and persistence to accomplish anything in life. Just shows if you put enough time and effort into something, you can accomplish anything. I've dropped 12 pounds in the past 6-7 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    It good for you buddy!!! And thanks for motivating me to achieve my goals. 50 lbs down. Reached goal weight of 180lbs. You have a following.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Amazing work everyone!

Personal results:
    My (known) max: 235 (Dec 2015)
    Pre-covid: 178
    Current: 163
    Wow guys, seriously awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing your personal stories. I really need to drop a few dozen pounds, but first I need to refresh my drink...I think I see my problem here.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Wow guys, seriously awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing your personal stories. I really need to drop a few dozen pounds, but first I need to refresh my drink...I think I see my problem here.
    I am reading with while having a celebratory drink You always have time.

Dobber Sports Monster

Right now I am 204 lbs. Really making the push to get under 200 lbs right now. Doing pushups every day. When I first started this journey I couldn't do a pushup to save my life! Yesterday I reachd my PR of 22 in a row. My mindset has totally changed throughout this transition. It's really made me look more inward and immediatlely fix all the internal issues that's been eating away at me for years. So many insecurities thats been burning inside of me and doing my best to address all of those issues ASAP. Being the best possible StuntMan12 I can be right now. 175 is my long term goal and to be in shape and running. Got some good people surrounding me right now. I now have hope for the future. When I was 300 lbs I use to wake up hating life and suicide was on my mind on a daily basis. This has really made me think more about mental health and I hope one day to maybe work in that type of field. I love helping people and going through this experience has really opened my eyes. It's been a long road, still a ways to go but inner peace and happiness is possible, it just requires a lot of hard work. Thank you again everyone that has helped me through this journey, and especially ericdaoust for the private messages a year or so ago. Those really helped and have had a very positive impact on me.

Dobber Sports Stud

you can do it just be consistent. awesome job!

I have started really getting into Olympic lifting (Snatch, Clean, Front Squats and such) so much so that i hired a lifting coach to guide me thru this journey. Im almost 52 yrs young and this is by far the hardest challenge i have ever faced. Strength and mobility is so key to staying healthy. My advice for anyone that wants to listen, keep your hips, shoulders and thoracic spine loose and flexible.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Immortal

Awesome job Stuntman. Mindset is key to success.

I've recently hit a wall due to a few minor injuries but I plan to get right back into my workouts once I'm all healed up. Prior to a covid I'd be lucky to run 2km at once. Last weekend I ran my first 10km on my own. Pretty pumped after that.

Administrator

Right now I am 204 lbs. Really making the push to get under 200 lbs right now. Doing pushups every day. When I first started this journey I couldn't do a pushup to save my life! Yesterday I reachd my PR of 22 in a row. My mindset has totally changed throughout this transition. It's really made me look more inward and immediatlely fix all the internal issues that's been eating away at me for years. So many insecurities thats been burning inside of me and doing my best to address all of those issues ASAP. Being the best possible StuntMan12 I can be right now. 175 is my long term goal and to be in shape and running. Got some good people surrounding me right now. I now have hope for the future. When I was 300 lbs I use to wake up hating life and suicide was on my mind on a daily basis. This has really made me think more about mental health and I hope one day to maybe work in that type of field. I love helping people and going through this experience has really opened my eyes. It's been a long road, still a ways to go but inner peace and happiness is possible, it just requires a lot of hard work. Thank you again everyone that has helped me through this journey, and especially ericdaoust for the private messages a year or so ago. Those really helped and have had a very positive impact on me.
    All of these choices were made by you. You should be proud. I am proud of you.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This is so great to hear. I have also wandered down a dark road for different reasons in the past, which lead to insecurities. I identified that I needed to start making a change in myself and that working out would help (between identification and doing was about 1.5 years between). I feel great now.

You are doing it the right way. Create a goal and continuously improve. Always try to do better than last time.

If you want quality information regarding exercises or diet, I have found coach Greg on Youtube to be a good source of information. He can be a bit much at first, and has a lot of fluff to get views etc. But he has a good information on foods to eat, avoid, calories in/out (He recommends low calories high density foods - to feel full). He also states nothing beats running/steady state cardio in terms of burning calories.

Dobber Sports Sage

About a year and a half ago I added another meal to my day and started working out 6x a week. I went from 157 lbs to 180 lbs, my goal was 200 lbs. Due to Covid I no longer work out due to gym being closed during the hours I would go. I adjusted my food intake accordingly and have maintained my weight (I last weighed in at 178). Without working out, I don't want to push for my goal as it wouldn't be the type of weight I want (muscle weight).

I didn't hit my gym goals either, but I wasn't plateaued in any lifts - so time cut short.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sage

When I was 300 lbs I use to wake up hating life and suicide was on my mind on a daily basis. This has really made me think more about mental health and I hope one day to maybe work in that type of field. I love helping people and going through this experience has really opened my eyes.
    It's been a long while, but I remember your posts and messages to me were always upbeat - enthusiastic and excitement! You'd never feel less good after talking to you. I think you would do great in that field!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Veteran

Stuntman12, awesome job. I’m not going to tell you how to feel, but I’m very proud of all the choices and perseverance you have shown in reaching this point in your life. Mental wellness is a huge part of that. I am all to familiar with the mental wellness journey. It still takes work. Keep at it. Mindfulness and peace to you brother. Peace.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports Icon

So very happy for you Stuntman! Keep at it!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Icon

I haven’t been on this thread for a long long time. Just wow, I’m so happy for all of you guys who have made so much progress and empathize big time with everyone no matter where they are in their journey.

If I may share my own story.

I’ve always enjoyed hockey and other team sports and that’s been a big help in keeping generally fit (hated personal workouts, pretty much never did it). But as of summer 2017 the combination of high stress job, questionable diet and no working out other than beer league Hockey all came to a head. As of Labor Day 2017, for the first time in my life, I weighed in at over 200 pounds (200.8 to be exact). Now that’s in the frame of a 5 foot 7 guy... I was 49 and to give you an idea, at my marriage age (31) my weight was 169.

decided to do something about it, first a personal trainer three times per week doing mostly high intensity workouts, second step ramp up the beer league hockey, third step, start an intermittent fasting regimen (actually time restricted feeding, which I continued to this day, approximately 17/7 approach). Throw in a ton of walking and hiking (walking is an incredibly underrated workout). And last but absolutely not least, yoga.

I have been consistently 155 to 160 pounds for about 2.5 years now, but more importantly I feel healthy and my metabolism is better than it’s ever been. The word longevity is key there, I turn 53 this summer and I want to feel this way for the long-haul, and I bring up yoga again because it’s not just about strength and fitness (muscle or lean) perspective, as we age it becomes way more about flexibility. That’s where yoga comes in. It is a terrific blend of physical workout (more than you might think), stretching, and (huge for me) breathing and meditation. I highly recommend it for everyone here.

A big step for me was also buying the book atomic habits, I highly recommend it, really refocus your mind on how to maintain good habits and start to eliminate bad ones. I’ve been an occasional smoker ever since college, never more than 4-5 cgarettes a day and often i’d go weeks without smoking, but enough to really become a drag on my health and well-being. This summer it will be three years since I had one, best decision I ever made for my Health and longevity.

I broke my fibula playing beer league hockey in September and was a bit worried at the immobility factor, but it’s gone well and I think I should be on the ice in a week or two.

Last recommendation - echo sentiments on using bands at home, and also recommend 8Fit app (free version), pretty decent way to stay fit at 15-mins a day.

Final word - It’s definitely not just about the actual number, you could be heavier than what you think you should be but actually be right on if you have some solid muscle. And you could be your ideal weight but have not nearly enough muscle, and should put on a few. It’s more about body fat ratio I think. You want to be below 20 if you can, but even low 20s is a good target for the average joe. Between 15-20 is awesome. All of this btw is from the perspective of the middle ager, of course.

Take care guys!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Awesome story ross. I'm sure being healthier has made it a lot easier to heal from your leg injury.

I too noticed a huge difference in my health when I started intermittent fasting, although I opted for 16/8 for 5 days a week. Maybe I will try 17/7 just to switch things up and throw a curveball at my body.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Awesome story ross. I'm sure being healthier has made it a lot easier to heal from your leg injury.

I too noticed a huge difference in my health when I started intermittent fasting, although I opted for 16/8 for 5 days a week. Maybe I will try 17/7 just to switch things up and throw a curveball at my body.
    I’m not religious about 17/7 - sometimes it’s 18/6, 16/8, 15/9... It’s more the lifestyle. And I tend to do 6 days, sometimes even 7.

I also think a big part is what you eat at “lunch” - some days i’ll have only nuts, other days something more substantial (even pasta), sometimes a sandwich. But rarely a huge meal.

I also sometimes break the fast at 8 or 9pm but usually only with fruit like grapes.

So i’m definitely not a model of consistency when it comes to TRF, but I do believe in it big time.