Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

My top 10 picks:

1. Myles Garrett (Cleveland)
    2. Solomon Thomas (San Francisco)
    3. Jamal Adams (Chicago)
    4. Jonathan Allen (Jacksonville)
    5. Mitchell Trubisky (Cleveland via trade with Tennessee)
    6. Deshaun Watson (New York Jets)
    7. Malik Hooker (Los Angeles Chargers)
    8. Leonard Fournette (Carolina - even though I don't want them to go RB, i think they will)
    9. Marshon Lattimore (Philadelphia via trade with Cincinnati)
    10. Corey Davis (Buffalo)

Dobber Sports Titan

Some NFL teams just do not like associating with players who smoked weed. Some view it as a player who could repeat and get suspended for half the season, thus almost a wasted pick in their minds. I wouldn't care really if I was a GM and there wasn't anything else.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I also own the 14th overall pick so I am hoping one of the TE's are still there for me with that pick.
    Engram or Hodges...maybe not Engram. But Hodges should drop that far
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I don't disagree that Carolina needs help on defense, I do disagree that CAP has done or shown anything to get a bigger role. I think he's pretty bad. Sounds like Fournette to the Jags is getting less likely, which in my mind almost guarantees Fournette to the Panthers.
    Could be pre-draft smoke and mirrors but McCaffrey getting a lot of buzz as first RB off the board to SF.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

My league will reach for RBs so I wont be surprised if Njoku is still there (Im hoping). I don't expect Howard but Njoku is a real possibility.

What about Gerald Everett?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Could be pre-draft smoke and mirrors but McCaffrey getting a lot of buzz as first RB off the board to SF.
    I don't believe a single rumor draft week. McCaffrey isn't going 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My league will reach for RBs so I wont be surprised if Njoku is still there (Im hoping). I don't expect Howard but Njoku is a real possibility.

What about Gerald Everett?
    He might be the 4th choice. I'd hope to have one of the top 3 at 14

Dobber Sports Deity

Rumors are crap.

SF is also looking at drafting a QB as well if you believe the rumors. These rumors are designed to put pressure on other teams to increase interest in trading for the pick.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I tend to agree. SF has soooooooo many other needs that tacking McCaffrey at the 2 spot would be very wasteful.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Mayock has the Niners drating Jamal Adams in his one and only mock draft and I would be more than happy with that pick, if that's how it goes. I've seen many mocks that have them taking Soloman Thomas too. I think I like the Adams pick more but whatever. Both will be excellent players down the road.

As long as the Niners dont do anything stupid like draft a QB or RB with that 2nd overall pick, I will be happy.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Excited for tonight!

Will the Browns move up in the draft and get Trubisky?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I wish I knew any of the guys going into tonight....just don't follow College ball enough. BUT....I will definitely begin my draft prep starting tomorrow.

Browns gonna f this up and draft Trubisky at 1 lol.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Browns gonna f this up and draft Trubisky at 1 lol.
    After Sapp's comments, perhaps Trubisky isn't a bad choice... if you believe Sapp:

Hall of Fame defensive tackle Warren Sapp has studied the tape and come to the conclusion that Garrett is not worthy of the No. 1 pick.
    Via ESPN.com:
    “I don’t see it from this kid,” Sapp said Sunday about Garrett. “I see the splash plays — everybody gets those. Where’s the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t. I’m a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears.”
    That is a common criticism of Garrett. Despite being the most physically talented player on the field every Saturday, he tallied only 8.5 sacks during his junior season. But, according to Sapp, NFL teams will overlook that lack of production because of his stunning performance at the combine.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nfl-...s-garrett-lazy
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    After Sapp's comments, perhaps Trubisky isn't a bad choice... if you believe Sapp:

Hall of Fame defensive tackle Warren Sapp has studied the tape and come to the conclusion that Garrett is not worthy of the No. 1 pick.
    Via ESPN.com:
    “I don’t see it from this kid,” Sapp said Sunday about Garrett. “I see the splash plays — everybody gets those. Where’s the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t. I’m a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears.”
    That is a common criticism of Garrett. Despite being the most physically talented player on the field every Saturday, he tallied only 8.5 sacks during his junior season. But, according to Sapp, NFL teams will overlook that lack of production because of his stunning performance at the combine.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nfl-...s-garrett-lazy
    I don't believe Sapp, I actually believe he's a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about. So. There's that. There's a lot more talented talent evaluators than a former player who's paid for hot takes on TV. I doubt he's studied much tape, and most smart people consider Sapp an idiot.

Not to mention, that does even begin to evaluate the problems with Trubisky. The talent of this QB class doesn't warrant a single first round QB, let alone first overall.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't think Trubisky is the QB the Browns are looking at. I think they're looking at Watson or Mahomes. All this talk has likely been generated by the 9ers to entice a trade to the #2 spot.

A lot of people are mocking a RB to Carolina. And while I think both (Fournette and McCaffrey) are going to excel in any situation, I just can't get the idea of Howard going #8. He's another weapon on offense, can block and is apparently one of the best TE prospects in a while.