Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

Default Re: 2017 NFL Draft Chatter

I think Cook is ripe for being a bust. Although if he drops to the second round the "bust" label becomes less severe. It goes beyond his combine results for me.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with this. All of it. +1

So if you were drafting 2nd overall and lets say Fournette goes 1st and McCaffery does go to Carolina, who do you like 2nd?
    Lots depends on landing spot obviously. WRs have long careers and Corey Davis has frequently been mocked to the Steelers. I like that fit. If Dalton Cook goes in the first round to like the Eagles or something, his tape (from analysts on Twitter I trust) is awfully hard to ignore, even if his workout was trash. Given your weakness at TE, I'd be tempted to go Howard or Njoku as long as they fall in a nice spot. 1.02 is early for that, but these are basically can't miss guys that might be worth it.

Dobber Sports Deity

I also own the 14th overall pick so I am hoping one of the TE's are still there for me with that pick.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Curious how far Jabrill Peppers slides now, he's a work in progress cause once the guy gets blocked a bit he's terrible. But he's a freak athlete, but also failed due to diluted drug samples. Says it was due to him being sick and drinking a lot of water
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

Overall, I think the RB class is being oversold on how good it is.

Also, if McCaffrey is drafted by the Panthers, he'd pretty much fall off my draft board. I do not think that coaching staff knows how to use his talent.
    I agree... And I hope that my Panthers do not draft a RB at 8th overall. Please No! Give CAP a full shot at being a starter. When he has filled in he has played well... I know well is not great, but I think he if got the confidence of the management to be the started.

If you look at the three games he played last year:

1) 12 carries for 47 yards (3.9 average) and 1 reception against for 11 yards - against Minnesota on September 25 when there defense was playing lights out!
    2) 6 carries for 12 yards (2.0 average) - against Atlanta, If I recall correctly this is the game where Atlanta ripped apart Carolina secondary and Carolina was chasing all game.
    3) 18 carries for 85 yard (4.7 average) - against Tampa Bay, and he scored two TDs this game.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I agree... And I hope that my Panthers do not draft a RB at 8th overall. Please No! Give CAP a full shot at being a starter. When he has filled in he has played well... I know well is not great, but I think he if got the confidence of the management to be the started.

If you look at the three games he played last year:

1) 12 carries for 47 yards (3.9 average) and 1 reception against for 11 yards - against Minnesota on September 25 when there defense was playing lights out!
    2) 6 carries for 12 yards (2.0 average) - against Atlanta, If I recall correctly this is the game where Atlanta ripped apart Carolina secondary and Carolina was chasing all game.
    3) 18 carries for 85 yard (4.7 average) - against Tampa Bay, and he scored two TDs this game.
    You'll have to be more specific, that happened a lot against Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    You'll have to be more specific, that happened a lot against Carolina.
    Trust me! I know! thats why Carolina needs to draft a defensive player! to help with that! And if they don't get some defense to help, then our running backs will never get to run! haha

I don't disagree that Carolina needs help on defense, I do disagree that CAP has done or shown anything to get a bigger role. I think he's pretty bad. Sounds like Fournette to the Jags is getting less likely, which in my mind almost guarantees Fournette to the Panthers.

I don't disagree that Carolina needs help on defense, I do disagree that CAP has done or shown anything to get a bigger role. I think he's pretty bad. Sounds like Fournette to the Jags is getting less likely, which in my mind almost guarantees Fournette to the Panthers.
    True, but I think he is more than capable to step in enough to not need to draft a guy in round 1 (If they draft a different guy in round 2 on that is better, but please not 8 overall)

Carolina just signed Stewart to a 3 year extension... so they should just split carries between Stewart and CAP (or a later round RB) and draft help elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    True, but I think he is more than capable to step in enough to not need to draft a guy in round 1 (If they draft a different guy in round 2 on that is better, but please not 8 overall)

Carolina just signed Stewart to a 3 year extension... so they should just split carries between Stewart and CAP (or a later round RB) and draft help elsewhere.
    I agree with your draft premise, but that's mostly based on the RB position. I strongly disagree an your assertion and evaluation of CAP

Dobber Sports Titan

Gareon Conley accused of rape. Won't attend the draft. He was a projected first round CB. The night in questioned happened April 9th. Interesting if the rape kit that was done on the female will be completed in time for the draft (Police told TMZ results weren't in yet).

Gareon Conley accused of rape. Won't attend the draft. He was a projected first round CB. The night in questioned happened April 9th. Interesting if the rape kit that was done on the female will be completed in time for the draft (Police told TMZ results weren't in yet).
    Was who I wanted the Colts to take in RD1. If he actually did it, deserves to go to jail and never play in the NFL. If this is a false accusation, shame how much someone trying to cash in on his star is going to cost him. Probably will go undrafted now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Was who I wanted the Colts to take in RD1. If he actually did it, deserves to go to jail and never play in the NFL. If this is a false accusation, shame how much someone trying to cash in on his star is going to cost him. Probably will go undrafted now.
    So i dont want to go into the details (it's easy to find what the story is online), but I bet it just ends up as a he-said-she-said scenario. But with the way the NFL does it's rookie contracts, this could cost him a lot of money dropping. If the test comes back negative (can't determine if she was raped), i bet he is still drafted.

Dobber Sports Stud

Curious how far Jabrill Peppers slides now, he's a work in progress cause once the guy gets blocked a bit he's terrible. But he's a freak athlete, but also failed due to diluted drug samples. Says it was due to him being sick and drinking a lot of water
    I dont think he drops out of the 1st. Its just weed... I think not having a true position hurt him more than some indica. He sure is a beast.. Im rooting for the NJ native.
    He would be perfect in a Patriot uniform.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    I dont think he drops out of the 1st. Its just weed... I think not having a true position hurt him more than some indica. He sure is a beast.. Im rooting for the NJ native.
    He would be perfect in a Patriot uniform.
    I remember last year when Tunsil dropped to something like 13th (I cant remember exactly where he went but it was in that vicinity) for the picture of him smoking from a bong. He was projected to go 1st overall if I am not mistaken.

I am not saying he wont still go in the 1st round, but to say it's only weed can drop you like a balloon. Some teams even took Tunsil right off their draft board.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."