Thread: Wrestlemania 33

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Wrestlemania 33

Anyone?? Im pretty pumped for it. I feel this show has had the best build front to back out of any one in recent memory. I don't watch faithfully, but every year I get back into it from before the Rumble and up until Wrestlemania.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Wrestlemania 33

Wrestlemania III was the absolute best one, and I do get nostalgic around this time of year. Junkyard Dog vs. Harley Race. Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. the Honky Tonk Man. The Hart Foundation vs. The British Bulldogs. The incredible Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage war (the greatest match ever), and of course the main event, Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant. Absolutely incredible card.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Wrestlemania III was the absolute best one, and I do get nostalgic around this time of year. Junkyard Dog vs. Harley Race. Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs. the Honky Tonk Man. The Hart Foundation vs. The British Bulldogs. The incredible Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage war (the greatest match ever), and of course the main event, Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant. Absolutely incredible card.
    Woah. That's way back. Definitely a legendary event.

Dobber Sports Immortal

There have been some real epic main events in past years. I was like 2 for WM3 but from my memory.....

Bret Hart vs HBK Iron Man
    Stone Cold vs HBK - w/ Mike Tyson
    Stone Cold vs Rock
    Lesnar vs Roman Reigns - one of the best matches ever

Dobber Sports Star

I am pretty excited for it. I know a lot of speculation as to what might happen; I don't want to say in case of spoilers.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I am pretty excited for it. I know a lot of speculation as to what might happen; I don't want to say in case of spoilers.

Rylant
    Well I personally don't care. I've heard some....but also feel like WM in the past has been down to the wire in terms of planning.

Dobber Sports Star

***SPOILERS***

Overall, I thought it was decent. The Reigns/Taker fight was a let down (I knew it would be). The Cena/Bella/Miz/Maryse was a let down (I knew it would be, followed by the incredibly predictable proposal). The Styles/McMahon fight was great, but AJ carried the fight, and deserved better. The Lesnar/Goldberg fight was good, but incredibly predictable. The Rollins/Triple H match was good, but too long. The Owens/Jericho fight was awesome. The addition of the Hardy's was awesome, and the Raw Tag Team match was awesome. The Smackdown women's was "ok". The Raw Women's was good, but very predictable. The Corbin/Ambrose fight was sloppy. The Neville/Aries fight was really good, but nobody watched it. The Battle Royale was disappointing. Did I miss any?

Overall, it was a decent event, but I expect more from Wrestlemania. It was too long, too.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Immortal

It was definitely way too long! Almost 5 hours! It felt like the Oscars.

Even when some of the matches weren't as special, I was in such awe of the presentation, stage, ramp and entrances that it got me pumped for every match. Seriously....that ramp. So awesome.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    ***SPOILERS***

Overall, I thought it was decent. The Reigns/Taker fight was a let down (I knew it would be). The Cena/Bella/Miz/Maryse was a let down (I knew it would be, followed by the incredibly predictable proposal). The Styles/McMahon fight was great, but AJ carried the fight, and deserved better. The Lesnar/Goldberg fight was good, but incredibly predictable. The Rollins/Triple H match was good, but too long. The Owens/Jericho fight was awesome. The addition of the Hardy's was awesome, and the Raw Tag Team match was awesome. The Smackdown women's was "ok". The Raw Women's was good, but very predictable. The Corbin/Ambrose fight was sloppy. The Neville/Aries fight was really good, but nobody watched it. The Battle Royale was disappointing. Did I miss any?

Overall, it was a decent event, but I expect more from Wrestlemania. It was too long, too.

Rylant
    Oh. I forgot the Wyatt/Orton fight. Because, well, it was completely forgettable.

And ya, HR, the spectacle is always awesome!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I watched the Lesnar/Goldberg fight on youtube just for shits and giggles. Horrible.

I'm going to assume their two matches were so horrible because Goldberg can't last more than five minutes in the ring...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I watched the Lesnar/Goldberg fight on youtube just for shits and giggles. Horrible.

I'm going to assume their two matches were so horrible because Goldberg can't last more than five minutes in the ring...
    Pretty much. And I believe he retired last night. So there's that.

But speaking of retiring.....The Undertaker....wow. What a great ending to the show. I kind of like they didn't play it up as his last match because I thought how they did it was fantastic.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Pretty much. And I believe he retired last night. So there's that.

But speaking of retiring.....The Undertaker....wow. What a great ending to the show. I kind of like they didn't play it up as his last match because I thought how they did it was fantastic.
    I didn't see the Taker match.

Did they break storyline and embrace or do any kind of tribute for him at the end? Would have been nice if all the wrestlers came out and and surrounded the ring.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I didn't see the Taker match.

Did they break storyline and embrace or do any kind of tribute for him at the end? Would have been nice if all the wrestlers came out and and surrounded the ring.
    That's the thing. It wasn't brought up at all! He lost to Reigns and the match ended and they showed Reigns leaving in victory. Then the camera cut to Taker in the ring with all his stuff back on (jacket and hat etc)....music starts playing and he slowly removes his jacket, gloves and hat and lays them in the ring. You can even tell he's pretty shook up. Then he slowly (as he does) exits and they lower him back down into the ramp (the ramp was 85 yards it would have taken 10 mins to walk it) just as he came out.

Very cool and epic for that character.