Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dobber NHL Playoff Draft?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Dobber NHL Playoff Draft?

I am hoping so as well!!

The Great One

Yea sorry for the hangup there guys "real life" definitely did get in the way- lol! Im all rostered up- I hope I didnt delay things so bad that we have picks remaining after puck drop. Looking like were pretty close to being on target. Fingers crossed!!

On a sidenote- I cant believe Minnys topline fell so far. I was listening to the newest keeping karlsson and brian is pretty high on Minny beating STL (whom elan went almost all in on- lol!). Im not sure if Im a minny fan but getting 3 topline players on a team theoretically destined to go fairly deep- in the last 3 rounds was too sweet to pass up. In the same podcast Guentzel actually went before Kessel and Sheary- lol! Playoffs are a total crapshoot but Im trying to convince myself I got a steal there- lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Yea sorry for the hangup there guys "real life" definitely did get in the way- lol! Im all rostered up- I hope I didnt delay things so bad that we have picks remaining after puck drop. Looking like were pretty close to being on target. Fingers crossed!!

On a sidenote- I cant believe Minnys topline fell so far. I was listening to the newest keeping karlsson and brian is pretty high on Minny beating STL (whom elan went almost all in on- lol!). Im not sure if Im a minny fan but getting 3 topline players on a team theoretically destined to go fairly deep- in the last 3 rounds was too sweet to pass up. In the same podcast Guentzel actually went before Kessel and Sheary- lol! Playoffs are a total crapshoot but Im trying to convince myself I got a steal there- lol :P
    No need to be sorry. I thought about going Minny late... but then they started going... so I decided not to. I think those three could be a steal.. I am nervous about that series. Minny forwards are great... defense not as much. I think this is a 7 game series.

When the draft is entered please confirm your team on the website.

Onlinepools.com

User ID - 222460
    password - dobber

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    When the draft is entered please confirm your team on the website.

Onlinepools.com

User ID - 222460
    password - dobber
    Yup teams confirmed- dang it looks good too!! :P

Lol jokes! I literally had no strategy going into this- excited to see how it plays out. A lot of good teams on there. Im kind of Jelly actually. I think Washingtons due for a huge year. A lot of beauty picks...

The Great One

Triple post??

The Great One

Im not sure why this is a double post of the following post...

The Great One

Heres some quick and unsolicited commentary!!

tfan- very interesting strategy loading up on Washinton players even after the "locks" were taken. Im curious to see how that plays out even if they take a deep run. Its a really good debate as to wether you bank on top players or throw your picks behind a team in general. I bought in late on Minny too- hard to nail down whose gonna step up in the playoffs with them being such a scoring by committee type of team but they are generally well oiled offensively- I think we might get some value out of that team! I do not believe in the Oilers but cant bet against McDavid.

Duster- I have a soft spot for your team- lol! The Bs were my dads team and they actually won the cup in the same year he passed away. I ended up with Habs by accident basically (I actually hate the habs) so I think we'll have have a grudge match going in round two. I just think the Bs are in tough after a gimme round with the Sens. Mtl/NYR is a tough enough matchup and then they run into a brick wall of Pit or Was after that. That being said if anyone can do it I hope its the B's. Also Panarin on the west doesnt hurt either- lol!

PenguinHunter- with the potent pit/anh combo. Im very jealous of your top Penguin players and then a lot of quality players dropped in anaheim after that. That bracket is wide open- I can easily see the ducks making at least the conference finals. Crosbys a beast in the post season. Stl players give you some insurance on the other side of the west and AP has kicked his game into high gear recently.

PMorrow- Interesting choices! Its unusual to see so many players for teams opposing each other in the first round- 3 sharks, 2 oilers- but that being said it should be a high scoring series- and a lot of fun to watch- lol! You ended up with so many "elite" options off teams though- Tank, Karlsson, and Gaudreau- that its hard to pigeon hole your team. If any of those teams take a legit run it will be with those guys as the main catalysts. definitely a wild card team- potential to go a lot of different ways- look forward to seeing how you fare.

Stuntman- i took SJ and Minny cause they fell but honestly I think there is no reason not to think the Hawks will be a our de force again this year. They are literally built for the playoffs and having Toews, Kane, Keith on the same playoff roster is pretty sick- lol! A few depth picks off the rangers makes sense to throw some darts at the eastern conference board but i feel like a deep blackhawk run will be the key to your roster. Vatanen a nice wild card- and Kudos to you- Im not sure Id be comfortable singling out one ducks defender. Imho- this is the roster to beat and it will take a pretty big upset to get knocked out...

EB- Loaded up with all the right Washington players! I cocked my head at that first Backstrom pick but have since re-evaluated and its pretty much the savviest early pick imho. In points only I think he could be the playoff MVP. Schwartz seems like the type of guy who kicks his game into high gear for the finals. It seems like in our draft everyone seemed to get a small part of the STL cakewithout one person totally buying in which should make the pool more competetive (interesting) if they can go relatively deep. I LOVE those Nashville picks- I really LOVE them- lol! Took a lot of cojones though- I was going to take a flyer on a last round predator but I waffled- lol! Such a bad draw for them against Chicago. Massive bragging rights if they can though- youd get an internet high five!

HockeyRobot- Definitely diversified in this draft! Ovie and Chicago goaltending are huge anchors out of each conference and definitely a good base to build on. Cant fault the top end talent off Anaheim (Perry, Rackell) or Pittsburgh (Kessel) as they are prime candidates to get to their respective conference finals (albeit with some difficulty- especially when the pens run into the caps- ugh ). I found it daunting to hone in on exactly who scores on NYR (basically why I rolled with MTL) but you took anice stab at it with Kreider- and their goaltending should be safe (although Im not confident who is their starter by the end of it). Stepan could end up being the steal of the draft if NYR goes anywhere. Hossa and goaltending give you a nice solid piece of that blackhawk pie- which should be really yummy this time of year!

FightingEmu- botched his draft with an early MTL goaltending pick and then doubled down on a habs team he hates with Patches and Radulov. Taking an injured Malkin puts the brain trusts mental faculties up to question- which was not bolstered by selecting an injured Thornton one round later?? I basically picked a winner out of each 4 team "bracket"- so Sj, Minny, Mtl, and Pitt. I dont think I committed enough to a single team but I like the names on the back of the jerseys :P

Anyways great draft guys- interested to see how this plays out!!!

Big Daddy

Awesome commentary on all teams Emu, appreciate it. I just have a gut feeling in Boston winning the East and a 2013 Stanley Cup rematch. Couldn't decide between Schmaltz and Spooner and took a big gamble on both McAvoy and Krug but I'm just doing what my gut is telling me to do. I have a feeling I'll have a nice lead after the first round and then quickly dwindle off. Playoff pools are a different animal, and they are both super fun but super hard. Good luck to everyone!
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Awesome commentary on all teams Emu, appreciate it. I just have a gut feeling in Boston winning the East and a 2013 Stanley Cup rematch. Couldn't decide between Schmaltz and Spooner and took a big gamble on both McAvoy and Krug but I'm just doing what my gut is telling me to do. I have a feeling I'll have a nice lead after the first round and then quickly dwindle off. Playoff pools are a different animal, and they are both super fun but super hard. Good luck to everyone!
    I LOVE McAvoy and I hope this is his coming out party (although part of me wants him not draw too much attention so I can sneak him onto my roster next year on the cheap- lol). I think Krug is crazy underrated- solid choice there. Totally agree about playoffs- so hard to predict...

Dobber Sports Monster

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Heres some quick and unsolicited commentary!!

tfan- very interesting strategy loading up on Washinton players even after the "locks" were taken. Im curious to see how that plays out even if they take a deep run. Its a really good debate as to wether you bank on top players or throw your picks behind a team in general. I bought in late on Minny too- hard to nail down whose gonna step up in the playoffs with them being such a scoring by committee type of team but they are generally well oiled offensively- I think we might get some value out of that team! I do not believe in the Oilers but cant bet against McDavid.

Duster- I have a soft spot for your team- lol! The Bs were my dads team and they actually won the cup in the same year he passed away. I ended up with Habs by accident basically (I actually hate the habs) so I think we'll have have a grudge match going in round two. I just think the Bs are in tough after a gimme round with the Sens. Mtl/NYR is a tough enough matchup and then they run into a brick wall of Pit or Was after that. That being said if anyone can do it I hope its the B's. Also Panarin on the west doesnt hurt either- lol!

PenguinHunter- with the potent pit/anh combo. Im very jealous of your top Penguin players and then a lot of quality players dropped in anaheim after that. That bracket is wide open- I can easily see the ducks making at least the conference finals. Crosbys a beast in the post season. Stl players give you some insurance on the other side of the west and AP has kicked his game into high gear recently.

PMorrow- Interesting choices! Its unusual to see so many players for teams opposing each other in the first round- 3 sharks, 2 oilers- but that being said it should be a high scoring series- and a lot of fun to watch- lol! You ended up with so many "elite" options off teams though- Tank, Karlsson, and Gaudreau- that its hard to pigeon hole your team. If any of those teams take a legit run it will be with those guys as the main catalysts. definitely a wild card team- potential to go a lot of different ways- look forward to seeing how you fare.

Stuntman- i took SJ and Minny cause they fell but honestly I think there is no reason not to think the Hawks will be a our de force again this year. They are literally built for the playoffs and having Toews, Kane, Keith on the same playoff roster is pretty sick- lol! A few depth picks off the rangers makes sense to throw some darts at the eastern conference board but i feel like a deep blackhawk run will be the key to your roster. Vatanen a nice wild card- and Kudos to you- Im not sure Id be comfortable singling out one ducks defender. Imho- this is the roster to beat and it will take a pretty big upset to get knocked out...

EB- Loaded up with all the right Washington players! I cocked my head at that first Backstrom pick but have since re-evaluated and its pretty much the savviest early pick imho. In points only I think he could be the playoff MVP. Schwartz seems like the type of guy who kicks his game into high gear for the finals. It seems like in our draft everyone seemed to get a small part of the STL cakewithout one person totally buying in which should make the pool more competetive (interesting) if they can go relatively deep. I LOVE those Nashville picks- I really LOVE them- lol! Took a lot of cojones though- I was going to take a flyer on a last round predator but I waffled- lol! Such a bad draw for them against Chicago. Massive bragging rights if they can though- youd get an internet high five!

HockeyRobot- Definitely diversified in this draft! Ovie and Chicago goaltending are huge anchors out of each conference and definitely a good base to build on. Cant fault the top end talent off Anaheim (Perry, Rackell) or Pittsburgh (Kessel) as they are prime candidates to get to their respective conference finals (albeit with some difficulty- especially when the pens run into the caps- ugh ). I found it daunting to hone in on exactly who scores on NYR (basically why I rolled with MTL) but you took anice stab at it with Kreider- and their goaltending should be safe (although Im not confident who is their starter by the end of it). Stepan could end up being the steal of the draft if NYR goes anywhere. Hossa and goaltending give you a nice solid piece of that blackhawk pie- which should be really yummy this time of year!

FightingEmu- botched his draft with an early MTL goaltending pick and then doubled down on a habs team he hates with Patches and Radulov. Taking an injured Malkin puts the brain trusts mental faculties up to question- which was not bolstered by selecting an injured Thornton one round later?? I basically picked a winner out of each 4 team "bracket"- so Sj, Minny, Mtl, and Pitt. I dont think I committed enough to a single team but I like the names on the back of the jerseys :P

Anyways great draft guys- interested to see how this plays out!!!
    Appreciate the insight. The SJ/EDM thing was intentional. The top West team players got taken fast, so I decided to hedge my bets and get guys from two teams facing off against each other to 1. get high scoring the first round and 2. guarantee 2/3 of those 5 in the 2nd round at worst. let's see if that pays off or is too conservative. but I feel EDM and SJ could go deep if they make it out of the first round and/or there's an upset in the Central.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Monster

Go Hawks!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not crazy about my team. Got a little too trigger happy with McDavid which may cost me. Picked some Minny in the end because there wasn't much left for what I wanted. I actually wanted Washington and Nashville going in. Figured I would be able to get all the Nashville I wanted towards the end.

I loved my team... until Murray got injured in the warm-ups...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I loved my team... until Murray got injured in the warm-ups...
    Yea that's gonna kill me in the dobbermomics bracket. Paid out the ass for Murray...