Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Latest Posts"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: "Latest Posts"

Signing the petition as well, although I know and appreciate that Dobber is working on it.

The Wolverine

Any updates on this?

I...am your father.

I can either put back "new posts" which does as you want - except it removes any that you've read. Or, this needs a manual hack.

I'll ask about it
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Put back 'new posts' would be my vote TBH
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I can either put back "new posts" which does as you want - except it removes any that you've read. Or, this needs a manual hack.

I'll ask about it
    I'm not a fan of removing those that I've read. It wasn't that way before, we had a longer period of 'latest posts' and it kept all threads shown during that period, whether I've read them or not. I'd rather you find a manual hack to fix it than remove useful functionality.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Always removes any that I've read? So, if I clicked on a thread and then a day later there are new posts, I still won't see it? If that's the case, I'm not a fan. It wasn't that way before, we had a longer period of 'latest posts' and it kept all threads shown during that period, whether I've read them or not.
    And that is the best option IMO

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm not a fan of removing those that I've read. It wasn't that way before, we had a longer period of 'latest posts' and it kept all threads shown during that period, whether I've read them or not. I'd rather you find a manual hack to fix it than remove useful functionality.
    Agree with this
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

The Great One

If you've read it though why would you want it to remain? My understanding is that if you read a thread then someone adds an additional comment it would reappear (at least that's what I think I'm voting for lol)

I...am your father.

I agree with this, so to get that hack I have to wait until some other things are fixed - 1. Dobbernomics (should be fixed today) 2. the main banners (DH and DP don't have banners right now on the home page!). Then I'll see about this fix. Some of this basic stuff on the sites should be fixed this month, or so he says. We relaunch a new look and better functionality in three months (not the forum - the sites)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    If you've read it though why would you want it to remain? My understanding is that if you read a thread then someone adds an additional comment it would reappear (at least that's what I think I'm voting for lol)
    I may want to go back to it before additional comments are added. It also doesn't mean I have read it in its entirety to be shown as 'read'. I just have to click on the thread to make it 'read'. I like seeing all recent posts together, not just ones I haven't read yet, especially because that is how I access the forums for the vast majority of the time.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I agree with this, so to get that hack I have to wait until some other things are fixed - 1. Dobbernomics (should be fixed today) 2. the main banners (DH and DP don't have banners right now on the home page!). Then I'll see about this fix. Some of this basic stuff on the sites should be fixed this month, or so he says. We relaunch a new look and better functionality in three months (not the forum - the sites)
    Appreciate the efforts, thanks.

The Great One

I guess I'm guilty of leaving a page open and pressing back as opposed to new posts in that scenario - I only press new posts when I have generally caught up

Dobber Sports Genius

VICTORY!!!

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    VICTORY!!!

wooo!!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry