Thread: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Hellebuyck

Hey guys,

Is this guy the definitive starter on this team?

Or csn he still lose his job?
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Hellebuyck

Quote Originally Posted by NatureX View Post
    Hey guys,

Is this guy the definitive starter on this team?

Or csn he still lose his job?
    Yes he still can but they've been going with him with some consistency since they gave up on Pavelec so I don't see why they wouldn't stick with him for the rest of the way.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Interesting, I was thinking more for next year as well.

Been offered a trade that includes me giving away my high priced Price for a low salaried Helly...
    Salary Cap League:
    13 Team, G, A,+/-, W-2, OTL,SO-3
    30 max, 21 weekly active roster (12F, 7D, 2G)
    Note: Our league is 1 year behind in terms of available players and salary. Salary doesn't change for length of Pool contract.

Team:
    F-Trochek, Necas, J.T.Miller,McCann,Terry,Engvall, Zibanajed,mikhehev,GourdeHagel, Petterson,skinner
    D-
    Lindgren,Barrie,Forsling,.Morrisey,Aho,Ekblad,fabe r
    G-
    ,ulnarkSherstkin, Ned

(*) = Multi year deal

Dobber Sports Pro

Sure hope you would be getting something pretty darn significant in addition to Hellebuyck. Otherwise it is a no go for me.

Dobber Sports Ace

What is the full offer?

Hellebuyck is a highly touted, young goaltender on a very young, very promising team. Promise means nothing (results mean everything), but I anticipate a bright future for both Hellebucyk and the Jets. But, as BMP says, it better be a significant haul coming back your way.

Dobber Sports Monster

i would not bank on him being the clear #1 next year. i think they will try to find a solid 1B that can do 35-40 starts if not more.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yes he still can but they've been going with him with some consistency since they gave up on Pavelec so I don't see why they wouldn't stick with him for the rest of the way.
    They didn't give up on Pavelec, he got hurt.

As far as the OP goes, Hellebuyck is still wildly inconsistent (what goalie in WPG isn't?) and should still get starts but Pavelec is close to returning and it won't surprise me at all if he gets his fair share of starts as well. You shouldn't be surprised by this either, it's coming.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    They didn't give up on Pavelec, he got hurt.

As far as the OP goes, Hellebuyck is still wildly inconsistent (what goalie in WPG isn't?) and should still get starts but Pavelec is close to returning and it won't surprise me at all if he gets his fair share of starts as well. You shouldn't be surprised by this either, it's coming.
    It looks like Pavelec is done for the year. Next year will be interesting in terms of who they get to backup Hellebuyck, but I expect Helle to be better than he was this year. Had he played a game less last year, Hellebuyck would be a rookie this year after all. There will be growing pains as he gains experience at the NHL level, but I believe in his talent.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier

Dobber Sports Deity

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2017/...for-the-season

It was first announced this morning by Winnipeg Sun’s Ken Wiebe that Jets’ goalie Ondrej Pavelec has decided to have surgery and will likely miss the remainder of the season, although not officially ruled out by the club. Typical recovery time from such a procedure is 2 to 4 weeks. Last Thursday, Pavelec was close to returning from a slight lower body injury he sustained during the Jets’ contest against the Minnesota Wild.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Winnipeg's goaltending situation is pretty set for next season as well. They will once again have Connor Hellebuyck and Michael Hutchinson in Winnipeg and Jamie Phillips and Eric Comrie in "Manitoba".

I don't see much of a threat to Hellebucyk for next season. I also would not be trading Carey Price to get Hellebuyck unless you are getting a large incentive to do so.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Winnipeg's goaltending situation is pretty set for next season as well. They will once again have Connor Hellebuyck and Michael Hutchinson in Winnipeg and Jamie Phillips and Eric Comrie in "Manitoba".
    I'd be surprised if the Jets didn't go after a much better backup next season. Hutch has been a disaster.