Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Greiss vs Reimer

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Greiss vs Reimer

For the rest of the season, points-only league where wins and shutouts count.
    I'm in first and I'm trying to protect a lead. I need quality starts... Ward and Hellboy are not delivering, to say the least.

Who should I target and why?
    Greiss or Reimer

FWIW, the Islanders' remaining schedule looks much easier than Florida's, but I seem to trust the Panthers more down the stretch...
    REP for your insightful comments.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

The Great One

Default Re: Greiss vs Reimer

Well seeing as Lou is injured the playing field just got levelled out, and the Pabthers are playing good hockey in front of him, so Reimer for me

- - - Updated - - -

Well seeing as Lou is injured the playing field just got levelled out, and the Pabthers are playing good hockey in front of him, so Reimer for me
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Deity

At this point, I'd have to go with Reimer as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

rufio: I'd argue NYI has a much tougher schedule compared to FLA.

They both have 3 B2B's down the stretch but NYI plays 13 on the road and 7 at home (vs tough ones as BOS, CBJ, WPG, NSH, OTT) we all know NYI can win against the best if JT is on a roll but I have a hard time seeing NYI being able to keep their place in the standings with wins being hard to come by. FLA plays 9 on the road and 10 at home in a mixed bag.

Reimer had a couple shutouts to close out last season but 0 this year while Greiss has 3. NYI has since Weight took over come down to earth and while Greiss is their no 1 right now, but - if he falters Halak is still an option. I think FLA is the better overall team and with the better schedule going forward should in the end result in more wins.

Reimer it should be.

Dobber Sports Pro

How long is Lou going to be out for? Sounds like Reimer for a week or Greiss ROS. Reimer better right now, but afraid he will not get enough starts.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Reimer for me.

Dobber Sports Stud

They both have 3 B2B's down the stretch but NYI plays 13 on the road and 7 at home (vs tough ones as BOS, CBJ, WPG, NSH, OTT) we all know NYI can win against the best if JT is on a roll but I have a hard time seeing NYI being able to keep their place in the standings with wins being hard to come by. FLA plays 9 on the road and 10 at home in a mixed bag.

Reimer had a couple shutouts to close out last season but 0 this year while Greiss has 3. NYI has since Weight took over come down to earth and while Greiss is their no 1 right now, but - if he falters Halak is still an option. I think FLA is the better overall team and with the better schedule going forward should in the end result in more wins.

Reimer it should be.
    Interesting points indeed.
    You see, I based my assumption on the opponents that the Islanders will face... they meet Carolina 3 times and NJ 2 times before the end of the season.
    Honestly, I'm surprised there is not more love for Greiss.

Any other opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

Reimer it should be.
    Interesting points indeed.
    You see, I based my assumption on the opponents that the Islanders will face... they meet Carolina 3 times and NJ 2 times before the end of the season.
    Honestly, I'm surprised there is not more love for Greiss.

Any other opinions?

Dobber Sports Stud

Reimer because FLA is motivated for playoffs. NYI weaker team and might play for draft picks if they can't keep up.

Dobber Sports Genius

It's Reim time bitches.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

Toughy - If Reimer stays the starter than mos def him. Even Lu said that Reimer was giving them a better chance to win every night.

Gotta go Reimer here I think
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Sophomore

rufio: That is also true, didn't think about it at the time of posting.

And at this point it might be nitpicking, but bear with me : )

Lower-teams-matchup in sheer volume is in favor of NYI. Would count it as 7 (CARx3, NJDx2, BUF, VAN. = 5 road games) vs 4 (CAR, ARI, BUFx2. = 1 road game).

Bottom line: I don't dislike Greiss, but consider Reimer to have the higher ceiling if he gets to play whereas Greiss might be the safer choice with the steady gig and a win every 3-4 games.

Dobber Sports Expert

Might Halak return???

Dobber Sports Star

Isles will get you wins, but at the expense of the peripheral stats. Reimer for the time being is is the better play, but who knows what happens when Lou comes back. I'd chance Reimer right now as I think his overall stats will be better. As far as wins go, probably pretty close. Both teams are playing very well right now and both are motivated.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    Isles will get you wins, but at the expense of the peripheral stats. Reimer for the time being is is the better play, but who knows what happens when Lou comes back. I'd chance Reimer right now as I think his overall stats will be better. As far as wins go, probably pretty close. Both teams are playing very well right now and both are motivated.
    Peripherals are not a concern in my format.
    Volume starters will be productive since we count defeats in OT or shootouts as well.
    I'm protecting a lead right now so I don't need a home-run... I think I will go against the grain here and target Greiss, I don't want a split situation in Florida in two weeks from now.
    Feels like a safer pick, and if I can't grab him I'm pretty sure Reimer will be available.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Peripherals are not a concern in my format.
    Volume starters will be productive since we count defeats in OT or shootouts as well.
    I'm protecting a lead right now so I don't need a home-run... I think I will go against the grain here and target Greiss, I don't want a split situation in Florida in two weeks from now.
    Feels like a safer pick, and if I can't grab him I'm pretty sure Reimer will be available.
    If you're looking for volume starts, Greiss is your man. The Isles will ride him right to the end.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko