Thread: Connor > Juuse ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Connor > Juuse ?

I have to pick 1 keeper between Hellebuyck, Saros, and Luongo (prolly not Lu).

With Connors and Pekka's shaky play I'm half considering keeping Saros. Talk about risky!

What do you think?
    14 team, H2H, Keeper League (Goals, Assists, PPP, Hits, Blocks, GWG, GAA, SV%, SO, Wins)

L: Huberdeau, Kaprizov, J Robertson, E Kane, Knies,
    C: Barkov, Hischier, Zegras, Scheifele, Rossi
    R: Marner, Caulfield, P Kane, Raymond
    D: Sargechev, Makar, Power, Chychrun, L Schenn, Jiricek
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Saros,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Connor > Juuse ?

I'm assuming it's the league in your sig. Do you have to keep 2 goalies, Vas and someone else, or could you protect a skater instead?
    I still like Hellebuyck a little more than Saros, but with Saros' performance this season you're not completely out of your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming it's the league in your sig. Do you have to keep 2 goalies, Vas and someone else, or could you protect a skater instead?
    I still like Hellebuyck a little more than Saros, but with Saros' performance this season you're not completely out of your mind.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Saros is certainly making a few think he's the real deal going forward as well. The difference here is opportunity. Rinne still has two more years left on his contract. That being said, it's not out of the question that Saros could end up being the better of the two as they both progress.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Saros is certainly making a few think he's the real deal going forward as well. The difference here is opportunity. Rinne still has two more years left on his contract. That being said, it's not out of the question that Saros could end up being the better of the two as they both progress.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I still like Hellebuyck more than Saros but it is based on opportunity at this point. Hellebuyck really needs to develop some kind of consistency. Saros has looked much less volatile.

I am starting to worry more about Hellebuyck's stupid trend of being just as likely to have a total crap game as a great game.

Hellebuyck's Save% last 6 starts:

DAL .944
    @ PIT .897
    @MON .950
    @OTT .941
    @TOR .865
    MIN .762

If Hellebuyck can develop some consistency and turn the horrible games into just bad/decent games (.900-.915 save% instead of sub-.900) then he can be a really really valuable goalie. But if he can't, then it may not matter if he can put up great efforts because he won't get the opportunity due to the fact that he loses some games for his team outright.

Again, talent is not the deciding factor for me here. It is team situation / opportunity. If Saros was on Winnipeg and Hellebuyck was on Nashville, then I would take Saros.

Dobber Sports Ace

Oooh, I am the opposite of BMP here (above).

I think that Hellebuyck on Nashville would be better than Saros on Winnipeg. Watching the Winnipeg game last night, there were multiple in-zone turnovers, screens, and poor coverage that lead to a few of the goals. This is nothing new with them. That's not to say that Hellebuyck comes out without blame, but I truly believe that the Winnipeg D is a far bigger problem than Hellebuyck. They just do not seem to have any clue of what to do back there.

I think that Nashville provides a much more steady and supportive environment for Saros. That can change for the Jets, though.

I'd keep Hellebuyck. He's a starter; Saros is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh, I am the opposite of BMP here (above).

I think that Hellebuyck on Nashville would be better than Saros on Winnipeg. Watching the Winnipeg game last night, there were multiple in-zone turnovers, screens, and poor coverage that lead to a few of the goals. This is nothing new with them. That's not to say that Hellebuyck comes out without blame, but I truly believe that the Winnipeg D is a far bigger problem than Hellebuyck. They just do not seem to have any clue of what to do back there.

I think that Nashville provides a much more steady and supportive environment for Saros. That can change for the Jets, though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    This is the point I was trying to make... if Hellebuyck was on Nashville and Saros was on Winnipeg then Saros would be a starter and Hellebuyck would be stuck behind Rinne for 2 more years.

If Rinne wasn't a concern then I would rather have whichever of these young guys was the starter in Nashville. I agree that Nashville is a much better spot for a starting goalie right now than Winnipeg. A couple of those goals on Hellebuyck last night came on brutal defensive lapses.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You guys chimed in with some wise perspectives. I'll lean towards Hellebuyck for
    the mentioned reasons.

I'll be the on the lookout for your future posts to comment on. Thanks for advice !!

- - - Updated - - -

You guys chimed in with some wise perspectives. I'll lean towards Hellebuyck for
    the mentioned reasons.

I'll be the on the lookout for your future posts to comment on. Thanks for advice !!
    14 team, H2H, Keeper League (Goals, Assists, PPP, Hits, Blocks, GWG, GAA, SV%, SO, Wins)

L: Huberdeau, Kaprizov, J Robertson, E Kane, Knies,
    C: Barkov, Hischier, Zegras, Scheifele, Rossi
    R: Marner, Caulfield, P Kane, Raymond
    D: Sargechev, Makar, Power, Chychrun, L Schenn, Jiricek
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Saros,

Dobber Sports Icon

With two of your 3 goaltending categories being Wins and SO, I would definitely go with Hellebuyck. He's going to get way more starts that Saros over the next couple of seasons. More starts means more wins and more shutouts.

- - - Updated - - -

With two of your 3 goaltending categories being Wins and SO, I would definitely go with Hellebuyck. He's going to get way more starts that Saros over the next couple of seasons. More starts means more wins and more shutouts.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Good catch, Chuck. With those categories Hellebuyck indeed makes much more sense than Saros.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    I am starting to worry more about Hellebuyck's stupid trend of being just as likely to have a total crap game as a great game.

Hellebuyck's Save% last 6 starts:

DAL .944
    @ PIT .897
    @MON .950
    @OTT .941
    @TOR .865
    MIN .762
    The trend of terrible games and great games continues...

STL. 29 save shutout

Next game he will probably be sub .850 again