Thread: Which goalie?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Which goalie?

I need one for the rest of this season. Wins and saves are needed... which one would you roll with?

Lehner
    Hellebyuck
    Smith
    Mrazek

Or should I grab Fleury and hope foe a trade? If no trade I drop him and pick up one of these guys.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Which goalie?

If I'm grabbing one of these four goalies, then I'm taking either Hellebuyck or Lehner. Both are talented goalies, and their teams are on a (slow) rise. Neither Mrazek nor Smith are on improving teams. Both Lehner and Hellboy have the ability to steal games, and both have played well lately.
    You can gamble on Fleury, but I'm hesitant to suggest him especially if he goes to a weak team like Dallas whose defense won't help him in the least. Of course, he could stay stuck behind Murray in Pittsburgh and that won't help you either.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm grabbing one of these four goalies, then I'm taking either Hellebuyck or Lehner. Both are talented goalies, and their teams are on a (slow) rise. Neither Mrazek nor Smith are on improving teams. Both Lehner and Hellboy have the ability to steal games, and both have played well lately.
    You can gamble on Fleury, but I'm hesitant to suggest him especially if he goes to a weak team like Dallas whose defense won't help him in the least. Of course, he could stay stuck behind Murray in Pittsburgh and that won't help you either.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks. I'm not in love with these choices, but I feel like Lehner is maybe the safest bet???
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lehner, the wins will not be substantial but he is good for his stats where he usually will not royally screw you and now with Buffalo at full health I expect them to be better.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Thanks. I'm not in love with these choices, but I feel like Lehner is maybe the safest bet???
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Superstar

for sure the others are far more spotty and fluctuate in performance plus Buffalo is the better team offensively in front of him than those of the other goalies respective squads. He has 17 wins right now with .925 SV% and 2.54 GAA, if he had 25 wins let's say he'd be a Talbot-esque goaltender.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Lehner would be my choice.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lehner would be my first choice, Hellboy my second. I guess it's a plus that Buffalo are in first place allowing 34.2 shots per game. You need saves so even when Lehner is losing games he's getting you 30 + saves.
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

Lehner for me
    Experience is the teacher of all things.