Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Mayweather probably put money on when it would end.
    in a post fight interview with FOX Sports he stated he TRIED to bet on himself and on a knockout, but because it's "Mayweather Promotions" putting on the fight, he wasn't allowed to place the bet.

Whether people think this fight was fixed or not. I would bet this went exactly as Mayweather scripted it. Play cat & mouse until Connor completely gassed himself and open up a flurry that would overwhelm him.

Even in his MMA fights Connor gets gassed if they go late.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    in a post fight interview with FOX Sports he stated he TRIED to bet on himself and on a knockout, but because it's "Mayweather Promotions" putting on the fight, he wasn't allowed to place the bet.

Whether people think this fight was fixed or not. I would bet this went exactly as Mayweather scripted it. Play cat & mouse until Connor completely gassed himself and open up a flurry that would overwhelm him.

That's not just Connor. 90% of UFC/MMA fighters are gassed rounds 4-5, because 90% of fights are only 3 rounds. Now, why fighters aren't training for 5round fights when they know they'll be the main card I don't know. But I'm assuming they want to lay it all out in 3 rounds.

It went how we all thought it would, and that's depressing to me lol. Would have been nice to see Mayweather stumble a bit or something.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Whether people think this fight was fixed or not. I would bet this went exactly as Mayweather scripted it. Play cat & mouse until Connor completely gassed himself and open up a flurry that would overwhelm him

Too bad he couldn't bet on himself. LOL

Dobber Sports Star

Not like it would really matter to him if he were allowed to bet or not. There's no way to know, but the rumors were saying he was going to bet 5 million. That would have won him somewhere between 1 and 2 million. A tidy sum, but he's making over 300 million from the fight...

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Not like it would really matter to him if he were allowed to bet or not. There's no way to know, but the rumors were saying he was going to bet 5 million. That would have won him somewhere between 1 and 2 million. A tidy sum, but he's making over 300 million from the fight...
    Apparently he owes a pretty huge amount to the IRS. I know that he asked them to ease up on their collection until after he was paid for this fight.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Jedi

Pretty sad to have made 1 billion in fight earnings and not be able to pay your taxes.. yet after the fight he says he wants to 'continue to make smart investments' umm...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4