Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Ladies and Gentleman and children watching around the world...

IT'S TIME!!

'The Notorious one' Connor McGregor
    vs.
    Floyd 'Money' Mayweather

They have agreed to terms: http://www.tsn.ca/report-mcgregor-ma...terms-1.671271

UFC, get out of the way and let'em go!
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: McGregor & Mayweather... HERE WE GO!!!

Y'all know this fight is going to be boring as f***, and an easy win for Floyd right?

- - - Updated - - -

Y'all know this fight is going to be boring as f***, and an easy win for Floyd right?

Dobber Sports Genius

Agreed with RT on this if its straight boxing Mayweather is going to destroy him.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed with RT on this if its straight boxing Mayweather is going to destroy him.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Administrator

It'll be a nice payday for McGregor. Just show up, get beat up and get paid. Hopefully no permanent damage in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be a nice payday for McGregor. Just show up, get beat up and get paid. Hopefully no permanent damage in the process.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

^^^ My thoughts exactly.... just show up and get paid.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ My thoughts exactly.... just show up and get paid.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I haven't seen the terms... gotta think McGregor's getting at least 40 Million.

It'll be interesting to see if Mayweather treats this like every other fight and lays back to counter punch or if he just goes in for the kill. McGregor needs to make this a dirty fight, stay tight.... yeah, his only chance is to land the punch heard round the world.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be interesting to see if Mayweather treats this like every other fight and lays back to counter punch or if he just goes in for the kill. McGregor needs to make this a dirty fight, stay tight.... yeah, his only chance is to land the punch heard round the world.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

Didn't Floyd say he'd guarantee him 15? I bet McGregor doesn't get more than 20 at the absolute max. And why wouldn't Floyd treat it like any other fight? He'll technically destroy him. There's no reason for him to take any risk.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Didn't Floyd say he'd guarantee him 15? I bet McGregor doesn't get more than 20 at the absolute max. And why wouldn't Floyd treat it like any other fight? He'll technically destroy him. There's no reason for him to take any risk.
    I hope so.. sometimes overconfidence can deter the best laid plans... even the best.

I really hope that this fight takes place at the end of the year. A full year of pressers with these two beaking off... oh man. That'll be the best part.

Dobber Sports Giant

Oh, it's ON!!!

Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Master

Let's get ready to rumble...

Two of the best smack talkers go head to head in what I expect will be a boxing match that certainly favours Mayweather. I'm not giving him the fight, but unless they modify the regular rules of boxing, I can't see how MacGregor can beat him.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's get ready to rumble...

Two of the best smack talkers go head to head in what I expect will be a boxing match that certainly favours Mayweather. I'm not giving him the fight, but unless they modify the regular rules of boxing, I can't see how MacGregor can beat him.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    a boxing match that certainly favours Mayweather. I'm not giving him the fight, but unless they modify the regular rules of boxing, I can't see how MacGregor can beat him.
    Like this V

I think McGregor does hold 1 advantage that some are overlooking; he's been trained to face punches from fists covered in UFC gloves as well as KICKS to the body; both of those hits tend to hurt more than a boxing glove punch.

Excited to see how this will play out
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

It’s not like McGregor will be totally lost, but I think his endurance will be his undoing, not his technique.

It’ll be like that UFC fight yrs ago, GSP vs someone where GSP just jabbed him to death.

- - - Updated - - -

It?s not like McGregor will be totally lost, but I think his endurance will be his undoing, not his technique.

It?ll be like that UFC fight yrs ago, GSP vs someone where GSP just jabbed him to death.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It?s not like McGregor will be totally lost, but I think his endurance will be his undoing, not his technique.

It?ll be like that UFC fight yrs ago, GSP vs someone where GSP just jabbed him to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Koschek

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    I think McGregor does hold 1 advantage that some are overlooking; he's been trained to face punches from fists covered in UFC gloves as well as KICKS to the body; both of those hits tend to hurt more than a boxing glove punch.

Excited to see how this will play out
    This just shows a lack of understanding of boxing TBH. Not to mention Floyd doesn't win with power. He wins with defensive boxing and scores points to win in a decision. He's not ever going to try and win with a knockout. He'll play defense the whole fight, never take any risks, doesn't matter how much he hurts McGregor, and will win by decision, like he does in all of his fights.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If this goes 12 rounds.... win or lose, McGregor will never shut his mouth about taking the best in boxing the distance.

I can see McGregor standing in the middle of the ring yelling insults to Floyd telling him to stop running.

- - - Updated - - -

If this goes 12 rounds.... win or lose, McGregor will never shut his mouth about taking the best in boxing the distance.

I can see McGregor standing in the middle of the ring yelling insults to Floyd telling him to stop running.