Thread: A push for the playoffs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question A push for the playoffs

I have been riding the Scheifele/Wheeler combination this year and it has been absolutely great thus far, but they're starting to scare me.

Four games in a row now they have both been held off the score sheet (1-A for wheeler) and have been something like -6 each over that span.

As of right now, I'm debating on trying to sell one or both for an elite winger. Also on the chopping block are Hoffman, Schenn and if the Price is right, Carey.

So i certainly have some appealing pieces to use to aquire someone or multiple someones to help me finish the season off strong, my only issue is i'm having trouble figuring out whom to target.

WPG does not have the best schedule for my playoff run. During the final round (If i were to make it that far) they only play 2 games, so that makes getting rid of them even more appealing.

Any suggestions!? Should I have faith in keeping my WPG players and pray they regain form?!

This is just a beginning thought, to get the ball rolling so hit me with your opinions! REP
    12 Team - Keep 3 (1- Forward / 1- Defense / 1- Goalie / Cannot keep round 1 and 2 picks Cannot trade 1st or 2nd round draft picks)

Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hits ,Blks | Goalie; W, L , GAA , SV% , SHO

C - Horvat / Tavares
    LW - Toffoli / Nugent Hopkins / Haula /Hagel
    RW - Necas / Thompson
    D - Makar / Barrie / McNabb / Forsling / Sergachev
    G- Shesterkin
    G- Murray
    IR-Theodore

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: A push for the playoffs

1) Selling players on their lowest point of the season has never been a good idea
    2) It's Scheifele and Wheeler, then will get back on the horse. Studs, both of them.
    3) If you want to sell them, then you want similar value coming back. Eichel, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Patches. Any lower than that and it's throwing in the towel. I do agree that the 2 games each in the final round is a tough pill to swallow, but you do also have to get there, and they have a great schedule up to that point.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Selling players on their lowest point of the season has never been a good idea
    2) It's Scheifele and Wheeler, then will get back on the horse. Studs, both of them.
    3) If you want to sell them, then you want similar value coming back. Eichel, Tarasenko, Kucherov, Patches. Any lower than that and it's throwing in the towel. I do agree that the 2 games each in the final round is a tough pill to swallow, but you do also have to get there, and they have a great schedule up to that point.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If i would sell, it would be most likely for; Benn, Aktinson, Tarasenko, Malkin, Kessel or another elite winger.

I could also use a replacement for B.Schenn, so ideally it would be a Scheifele or Wheeler + Schenn for someone. That's probably thinking a little too optimistically though.
    12 Team - Keep 3 (1- Forward / 1- Defense / 1- Goalie / Cannot keep round 1 and 2 picks Cannot trade 1st or 2nd round draft picks)

Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, Hits ,Blks | Goalie; W, L , GAA , SV% , SHO

C - Horvat / Tavares
    RW - Necas / Thompson
    G- Shesterkin
    G- Murray
    IR-Theodore

Dobber Sports Titan

If you can make it happen for Benn/Tank/Malkin, then go for it, but beware Malkin's injuries, and I wouldn't have my hopes up on it.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can make it happen for Benn/Tank/Malkin, then go for it, but beware Malkin's injuries, and I wouldn't have my hopes up on it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Right on, I put out a feeler trade to the Tank owner. Wheeler + Schenn, I'm nearly certain this won't go through unless the owner is a complete dunce, but I will counter with more once he declines.

Also, something that i sadly just realized... BOTH of my goalies' teams have their bye week this week....so I dont have any starts until Saturday. I need 3 starts total for the stats to count so unless the caps play holtby back to back this coming sat/sun, i am most likely hosed!!! Prolly going to start another thread for that situation, as i'm entertaining the idea of selling Price and 1 of the Winnipeg boys to get an elite forward and a decent goalie that will get me starts this week...

- - - Updated - - -

Right on, I put out a feeler trade to the Tank owner. Wheeler + Schenn, I'm nearly certain this won't go through unless the owner is a complete dunce, but I will counter with more once he declines.

Also, something that i sadly just realized... BOTH of my goalies' teams have their bye week this week....so I dont have any starts until Saturday. I need 3 starts total for the stats to count so unless the caps play holtby back to back this coming sat/sun, i am most likely hosed!!! Prolly going to start another thread for that situation, as i'm entertaining the idea of selling Price and 1 of the Winnipeg boys to get an elite forward and a decent goalie that will get me starts this week...

C - Horvat / Tavares
    RW - Necas / Thompson
    G- Shesterkin
    G- Murray
    IR-Theodore