Thread: Debrincat?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Debrincat?

How soon can this guy get called up to the NHL? Is there a chance he plays this season?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Debrincat?

I don't see it this year. Next year is more likely
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Wizard

He could get short call-ups next year but not the full season, I doubt that would happen.

The Great One

Erie could win the OHL and go on to the Mem cup in Windsor.

If that happens that tourny starts May 19. You can forget about seeing him this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Erie could win the OHL and go on to the Mem cup in Windsor.

If that happens that tourny starts May 19. You can forget about seeing him this year.

Dobber Sports Monster

dont see him as a full time nhl'er until the 2018-19 season. 9 games next season, rest of season in the AHL

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Scored his 300 ohl point all time leader in points for the otters. It will be intrestin to see if he plays with the blackhawks next year. Chicago needs players with cheap salaries to keep them under the cap.
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Stud

i agree with stuntman, i don't see him full time till 2018-19. the hawks don't rush their prospects, and teams are generally even more careful with the smaller guys. he'll need to spend a decent amount of time learning the pro game in the ahl. he's be overwhelmed if he made the move directly to the nhl.

The Great One

If we have learned anything it's that small players can not only survive but succeed in this league.

Gaudreau and Marner needed a combined zero games in the AHL. They didn't need to 'learn the pro game'. Not saying Debrincat will progress like those guys but to say teams are more careful about their smaller prospects and that they need to develop their pro game in the AHL is just wrong.

Every player is different.

Saying that, I don't see Debrincat getting any NHL games this year. He'll have his shot as early as next year and maybe, just maybe, he sticks in the NHL.

- - - Updated - - -

If we have learned anything it's that small players can not only survive but succeed in this league.

Gaudreau and Marner needed a combined zero games in the AHL. They didn't need to 'learn the pro game'. Not saying Debrincat will progress like those guys but to say teams are more careful about their smaller prospects and that they need to develop their pro game in the AHL is just wrong.

Every player is different.

Saying that, I don't see Debrincat getting any NHL games this year. He'll have his shot as early as next year and maybe, just maybe, he sticks in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Stud

if you remember back in training camp, all the talk was would marner be able to handle the rigors of the nhl, being a smaller player. he's just so good and his defensive game was good enough in training camp that he was able to make the jump directly to the nhl. i'm not convinced we can say that about debrincat. as amazing as his stats are, let's not forget that he was passed over around 45 times in his draft year, and it's not like he wasn't a known commodity before that. he was deemed replaceable by team usa in this year's world juniors (and while everyone threw a fit about that, they won the whole thing, so i guess they knew what they were doing). i think he'll be a good player, but i don't think there's any way we can start bringing marner or gaudreau in as a comparison. i don't think he'll be more than a 60 point player, which there's nothing wrong about, but some people think he's gonna take the nhl by storm.
    let's not forget he's 2 inches SHORTER than gaudreau. i understand small players can thrive in the nhl nowadays, but this is a whole new level of small. he's playing in the ohl, so he's not playing against older players like gaudreau did in the ncaa, and he has no good world juniors experience, so we haven't seen him on the big stage yet. how could the hawks possibly bring him to the nhl without having him play against older, bigger players first for a while?
    and don't tell me that gaudreau was a 4th round pick and was passed over over 100 times in his draft year - no one was talking about him till he was a sophomore lightning up the world juniors.
    plus, i think we all know that if marner was ahl eligible this year, he would have starter there without question. how long he would have stayed is another question, but i don't see any way the leafs wouldn't have sent him down if they could have. hindsight is 20/20, so obviously that would have been the wrong choice, but they still would have.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thread Necromancy. Love to see a little guy shred expectations.

Rep for Mr. Guru on the first few sentences of his post, even if he still didn't personally expect Debrincat to stick in the NHL last season.

Dobber Sports Master

I am becoming a big fan. His numbers last year were very good for a rookie and his ratios were not out of place. Love to see that. I do have trouble pegging him against some of the prospect competition out there. How would you rank them thinking of production over the next 3 years? I have Debrincat at the top. He's already in the top 6 and has proven he can put up some numbers already. The others haven't made the NHL full-time. What do you think?

DeBrincat
    Tolvanen
    A.Svechnikov
    Mittelstadt
    Borgstrom
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Pro

I own him dirt cheap in my dynasty league, and at this point I certainly wouldn't trade him straight up for any of those guys on your list.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I acquired DeBrincat in a larger deal and have been quietly squealing with excitement since. Dude is a legit sniper. I don't foresee a sophomore slump for him, but a solid step forward 30+ goals and 55-60pts
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I am becoming a big fan. His numbers last year were very good for a rookie and his ratios were not out of place. Love to see that. I do have trouble pegging him against some of the prospect competition out there. How would you rank them thinking of production over the next 3 years? I have Debrincat at the top. He's already in the top 6 and has proven he can put up some numbers already. The others haven't made the NHL full-time. What do you think?

DeBrincat
    Tolvanen
    A.Svechnikov
    Mittelstadt
    Borgstrom
    I agree, however I'd put Svechnikov over Tolvanen over the next 3 years simply due to the opportunities in CAR vs Tolv having to be better than Forsberg and Fiala to get some meaningful ice time, which I don't think he will be.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think he had a great season and like Lucafen4 have him in the 55-65 pt range this year and key will be his pp usage going forward, however, I believe that over the next 3 years, Svechnikov and Middlestadt have higher upside - 60-75pts range...a slight tier above.

Just my thoughts.
    12 Managers - Cap League (total salary adjusted yearly) - points only.
    12 F, 6D, 2G, 2 Spares
    5 Round yearly draft, ONE free agent pick up per year.

Team:
    G - Shesterkin, Gustavsson
    D - Montour, Addison, Barrie, Gustafson, Aho, Fowler.
    F - Draisalt, Kaprisov, Stamkos, Nylander, Marchand, Terry, Verhague, Necas, Mittlestad, Dach, Rossi, Bordeleau Spares: Zibanejad, Chytil.