Thread: Jonathan Quick Expectations

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Jonathan Quick Expectations

So it sounds like Jonathan Quick was back on the ice today and taking some shots. I'm curious to know whether people think he'll be productive when he comes back and whether we could or should expect to see him get consistent starts. Budaj has clearly done quite well in his absence. Will LA totally go away from Budaj and return to Quick? Or run an evenly split tandem?

There are very few viable goalie options in my league. I have Jake Allen who's currently nose-diving.

I only have two moves left on the year, no bench, no IR. I wouldn't risk it unless I was positive it was gonna turn out well.

I haven't been paying much attention to LA. Anybody have any thoughts?
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Jonathan Quick Expectations

I think they are going to ease him in. It's gonna be a 50-50(or 60-40) split until the playoffs.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

I...am your father.

The million dollar question. I'm curious to see what the community thinks. I'm on the fence here. Do the Kings bench the guy who has put up better numbers than Quick ever did? Do they bench their highly-paid long-term goaltender and future? I don't think splitting starts is the answer. Perhaps they just take their time with Quick - practices, AHL rehab, ready to go in three or four weeks, then eased in?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Honestly, I think when Quick is back, he is back. At some point he is going to declare he can play, and they will put him in. He's one of those players that has the trust of his coaches like that a lot of the time.
    In 2013-2014 when he came back from a strained groin injury, he was immediately started for 13 games in January (the month he came back). He's only 30 too, so I don't think hes on the downturn quite so soon.

Any argument to Quick's injury history is based around longer term injuries, he isn't in and out of lineups usually. He starts ~70 games every year, back-to-backs and all, and comes up big when it counts. LA are kings of shot suppression (pardon my pun), and when they are on their game, they make their goalie look good. People say Quick is overrated... I say it doesn't matter. When he's doing his thing in the Kings net, he can carry your whole team.

This will really be the big experiment I guess. If he comes back and is reinjured, it will be alot harder to trust any of this in the future. Just like sooner or later Kopitar's 2nd half will look like his 1st half and everyone will stop believing.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

On most other teams I think we might see a split or 60/40. But Darryl Sutter's always ridden his go to goalie (quick, kipper, nabakov), so whatever he decides, that G will play almost all the games down the stretch. And they'll probably be in a dog fight the rest of the year too, so I don't see "rest nights" happening.

My gut says it'll be Quick (even though Budaj has been awesome for me this year)
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    On most other teams I think we might see a split or 60/40. But Darryl Sutter's always ridden his go to goalie (quick, kipper, nabakov), so whatever he decides, that G will play almost all the games down the stretch. And they'll probably be in a dog fight the rest of the year too, so I don't see "rest nights" happening.

My gut says it'll be Quick (even though Budaj has been awesome for me this year)
    I like this answer as it echoes my thoughts. What I like even more is that it came from a Budaj owner; not the other way around...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys! This is really great feedback. And I always love it when the man himself chimes in.

Thankfully, Allen got me a shutout tonight. Hopefully he can build on that and I can avoid any risky decisions.

Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys! This is really great feedback. And I always love it when the man himself chimes in.

Thankfully, Allen got me a shutout tonight. Hopefully he can build on that and I can avoid any risky decisions.

Cheers!
    F: McDavid, Kucherov, Eichel, Gaudreau, M Tkachuk, E Lindholm, Rob Thomas, Hischier
    D: S Jones, Werenski, DeAngelo, Hamilton
    G: Husso, Raanta

*** ONE YEAR - POINTS ONLY *** skaters: 1pt/G, 1pt/A. goalies: 2pt/win, 2pt/SO *** 12 teams
    MUST HAVE -- 8F, 4D, 2G --- (******Can only swap at same position, F, D, G ********)
    10 ACQUISITIONS TOTAL ON THE YEAR (**I've used NINE of them - ONE LEFT**) *** NO BENCH - NO IR - NO TRADES BETWEEN MEMBERS ***

The Great One

Allen has two quality starts since the coaching change....

personally I think Quick gets in over the next 3-4 weeks and unless he is clearly struggling will see 70/30 of the starts as Sutter will want him going in time for the play offs - which you have to believe they make when you consider Kopitar is starting to tear it up and Quick returning

- - - Updated - - -

Allen has two quality starts since the coaching change....

personally I think Quick gets in over the next 3-4 weeks and unless he is clearly struggling will see 70/30 of the starts as Sutter will want him going in time for the play offs - which you have to believe they make when you consider Kopitar is starting to tear it up and Quick returning
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

what are the chances Quick come back before Mar 13 (start of league playoffs) and how effective will he be? I'm looking for an upgrade in net for the team in my sig and have a offer on the table. On top of the league details listed in my sig, our league also runs a 4 round rookie draft each off-season. Current offer is his Quick for my MAF and my 4th round pick, do I pull the trigger or do I roll with Allen and stream MAF/Vas when they get a start? I'm currently in 2nd and pushing for the title. If for whatever reason I hold onto MAF for this season, I will likely keep him for next year.
    12 team H2H, auction draft salary cap, modified keeper league. Keep players at 2X their salary, cap 73M+10% buffer.
    Categories: G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Wins,Svs,GAA,SV%

C: Stamkos(9.1), Schmaltz(1.0)-LW/C, Backlund(0.8), Little(0.5)
    LW: Ovechkin-LW/RW(10.5), Zucker(1.4), Lucic(0.5), Bertuzzi(0.2)
    RW: Kucherov(11.7), Zibanejad(1.0), Reinhart-C/RW(1.0), Jenner(0.2)
    D: Hedman(9.3), Carlson(7.6), Manson(1.5), Pulock(1.0), Theodore(1.0), Phaneuf(0.1)
    G: Hellebuyck(8.2), Vasilevskiy(4.8)

Farm: Hudon(0.3), Byron(0.2), Pearson(0.1), Roslovic(0.1), Starlman(0.2), Dunn(0.1), Saros(0.4), Darling(0.1)
    Prospects: Buchnevich, Svechnikov, Bratt, Werenski, Samsonov