Thread: Ville Husso

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ville Husso

Given Allen's struggles manning the STL goal this year, do you see Husso getting an uptick in value? He's having a decent year in the AHL this year as well. Given the choice, where would you rank him among other goalie prospects like Saros, Demko, Samsonov, Sorokin, Shestyorkin?
    10 team keep 15 players league, 25 player roster, with H2H categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, SV%, SO, GAA)
    C: McDavid, Eichel, Monahan, O' Reilly
    LW: Forsberg, Huberdeau, JVR, Guentzel
    RW: Palmieri, Mark Stone
    D: Hedman, Ristolainen, S. Jones, OEL
    G: Lundqvist or Mike Smith

Farm Team: Demko, Kaprizov, Samsonov

keeping bolded players

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Ville Husso

I don't think his value is going to rise anytime soon..

As for ranking, I wouldn't be able to say, sorry

All I know is that Saros is the top prospect at the moment and is likely 2 years away from a starting role
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Sage

STL brought up Copley not Husso during Allen's struggles, that is an indicator. Also I think Allen will get it turned around so not looking for Husso to see the NHL anytime soon. Maybe a backup to Allen in a couple of years.

Saros and Demko are definitely ahead of Husso. The Russians are all still in the KHL for another 2 years so until they actually come over ranking them is pointless. I like Sorokin the best of the three.

- - - Updated - - -

STL brought up Copley not Husso during Allen's struggles, that is an indicator. Also I think Allen will get it turned around so not looking for Husso to see the NHL anytime soon. Maybe a backup to Allen in a couple of years.

Saros and Demko are definitely ahead of Husso. The Russians are all still in the KHL for another 2 years so until they actually come over ranking them is pointless. I like Sorokin the best of the three.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Husso is way behind those other goalie prospects you listed. You listed top-5 prospects while Husso is probably somewhere around #20 or #30.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would have Husso #2 on your list behind Saros. I think Husso is actually a better NHL prospect than Saros but Saros is already getting the opportunity and doing well with it. That makes him more valuable at this point in time.