Thread: Season-Determining Blockbuster

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Season-Determining Blockbuster

OK so I currently sit 2nd in our season-long league, but well back of first. In order to reach top spot, I need to make a trade, and I need to WIN that trade.

I've thrown around several ideas for trades and I've come up with these offers (wanted to get your opinions before asking league-mates):

1)
    Give: Kuch, Atkinson, Yandle
    Get: Perry, Zetterberg, Karlsson

2)
    Give: Kuch, Atkinson, Fowler
    Get: Benn, Fabbri, Weber

3)
    Give: Atkinson, Yandle, Bishop
    Get: Seguin, D. Hamilton, Gibson

(In 1 and 2 I'd drop Zet or Fabbri for Galchenyuk once he's back, in 3 I'd drop Kadri once Gal is back)

In a perfect world if all were accepted, how would you rank them in terms of the degree to which I win? Or are they all, or one specifically, reaching/overpaying? If you wanna throw together a new trade, my team is in sig and just ask about who other teams have.

All input is appreciated
    1-year, 8-team, Yahoo points-based league, positions as follows:

C(2): Pavelski (RW), Kopitar, Kadri
    LW(2): Gaudreau, Forsberg, Hoffman
    RW(2): Kucherov, Simmonds, Atkinson, Stone
    D(4):
    Burns, Doughty, Krug, Yandle, Fowler
    G(2): Crawford, Bishop, Budaj
    IR: Barkov
    IR+: Galchenyuk

Player points: G: 20, A: 15, +/-: 5, PIM: 2, SOG: 1, SHP: 20, GWG: 10, hit: 0.5, block: 1
    Goalie points: W: 25, L: -5, Sv: 1, GA: -5, SO: 50

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Season-Determining Blockbuster

1 is borderline.
    2 is decent.
    3 I don't like.

Really you're not going to be winning a trade much at this point in the season.
    Your best options to sell would be Kopi, Atkinson, Doughty, Krug, Fowler and Budaj.

- - - Updated - - -

1 is borderline.
    2 is decent.
    3 I don't like.

Really you're not going to be winning a trade much at this point in the season.
    Your best options to sell would be Kopi, Atkinson, Doughty, Krug, Fowler and Budaj.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

None of these look like big wins to me. I actually like 3 best because I could see each of the three you are getting out-pointing the three you are giving. But for the others Kucherov and Atkinson together is a lot to move in a league where goals are so valuable.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Just got offered Backstrom, Marchand, Muzzin for Gaudreau, Atkinson, Yandle. Definitely don't like Muzzin especially with Doughty on the team but the guy who has Faulk may be dropping him once Carlson is back. Is this a bigger win?

Dobber Sports Padawan

sorry but i see no season-determining deals here, you could easily lose any of those deals though more likely they are washes.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It's not a bad deal, but I agree that like the others, it could go both ways. I think you need to hang on to guys like Kucherov or Gaudreau because your best hope of taking first is if they go on a tear. Maybe try and make a smaller deal or two rather than a blockbuster?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a bad deal, but I agree that like the others, it could go both ways. I think you need to hang on to guys like Kucherov or Gaudreau because your best hope of taking first is if they go on a tear. Maybe try and make a smaller deal or two rather than a blockbuster?

The Great One

Points based Benn's appeal is less but of them all I think 2 provides the best potential return but with it I wouldn't be in a rush to drop Fabbri for Galchenyuk
    Experience is the teacher of all things.