Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thoughts

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Random thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    ha! am listening to good old school songs while i'm picking my roto league team, going with lots of hits and goals, motley crue boys i call em

was funny, a buddy of mine showed me that neil young song, then one day i messaged him that song and he was like "WHY YOU SENDING ME THIS DEPRESSING BLEEPING SONG LOLOL" haha
    I love me some old school tunes!

He does a great live version with The Band in the "The Last Waltz"...good stuff. That whole concert/documentary by Scorcese is awesome if you like classic rock.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I love me some old school tunes!

He does a great live version with The Band in the "The Last Waltz"...good stuff. That whole concert/documentary by Scorcese is awesome if you like classic rock.
    i'll have to find it on youtube. listening to some of steve miller band at the moment

Dobber Sports Ninja

i'll have to find it on youtube. listening to some of steve miller band at the moment
    Hey, that's my Dad...well, not THE Steve Miller from the band...lol!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Hey, that's my Dad...well, not THE Steve Miller from the band...lol!
    lol does he listen to Steve Miller band and sit back and say "YEP THATS ME ALRIGHT, STEVE MILLER'S MY NAME"

.... i would lol

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Gallaher View Post
    You have wild thoughts buddy.
    Lol that was probably posted when I couldn't find my morning coffee!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Ninja

lol does he listen to Steve Miller band and sit back and say "YEP THATS ME ALRIGHT, STEVE MILLER'S MY NAME"

.... i would lol
    No, he's never played the Steve Miller Band card! One of my Dad's Sisters told me a story about their Dad (my Grandfather, also named Steve Miller) getting calls from obviously young girls in the middle of the night telling him that they really like his music.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    No, he's never played the Steve Miller Band card! One of my Dad's Sisters told me a story about their Dad (my Grandfather, also named Steve Miller) getting calls from obviously young girls in the middle of the night telling him that they really like his music.
    I wish i got calls in the middle of the night from obviously young girls.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I wish i got calls in the middle of the night from obviously young girls.
    Kind of reminds me of the time when I was about 17, a buddy of mine and me at the time were walking around the mall in Kamloops, BC, anyhow these 2 young girls about our age walk up to him and said "HEY AREN'T YOU THAT GUY WHO PLAYS ON THE KAMLOOPS BLAZERS" ..... looking dumbfounded he pauses, looks sideways (we know what he is thinking) and he's like "UGH YEAH ACTUALLY I AM". They of course asked for his picture and he posed and when they walked away we were all like "WTF JUST HAPPENED" and we kept laughing. I still to this day don't know who they mistaken him for, that was back in 2006. I still remember the look on his face when he was going to make the decision to pretend to be this WHL'er ... dam that was a funny moment.

Dobber Sports Sage

Came to this realization yesterday- I cannot watch a baseball game without being on my phone and I only turn on the Cubs game if they are in the lead or tied after the 6th inning. Baseball is too long, slow, and contains too much inactivity to continually hold my interest. It's great in background when doing something else.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Applying to go back to University and to get funding. I find out later today or early next week if I'm approved. Haven't been to school in 5 years and would be nice to finish my bachelor of arts program.

edit. got approved! last minute but i'm happy. first time back in 5 years, straight A's this semester

Dobber Sports Genius

Applying to go back to University and to get funding. I find out later today or early next week if I'm approved. Haven't been to school in 5 years and would be nice to finish my bachelor of arts program.

edit. got approved! last minute but i'm happy. first time back in 5 years, straight A's this semester
    Congrats! Go after it! Now we can call you 'artsy.'
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Star

Congrats! I have a bachelor of arts as well. Do you have any plans as to what you'd like to do with it?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    Congrats! Go after it! Now we can call you 'artsy.'
    Thanks COD!

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Congrats! I have a bachelor of arts as well. Do you have any plans as to what you'd like to do with it?
    Thanks forumname! Not a clue what I want to do afterwards ... lol for now as long as I'm keeping busy and learning I should be ok. Am going to be a bit nervous being out of the game this long lol.

Dobber Sports Master

Kind of reminds me of the time when I was about 17, a buddy of mine and me at the time were walking around the mall in Kamloops, BC, anyhow these 2 young girls about our age walk up to him and said "HEY AREN'T YOU THAT GUY WHO PLAYS ON THE KAMLOOPS BLAZERS" ..... looking dumbfounded he pauses, looks sideways (we know what he is thinking) and he's like "UGH YEAH ACTUALLY I AM". They of course asked for his picture and he posed and when they walked away we were all like "WTF JUST HAPPENED" and we kept laughing. I still to this day don't know who they mistaken him for, that was back in 2006. I still remember the look on his face when he was going to make the decision to pretend to be this WHL'er ... dam that was a funny moment.
    puck bunnies can certainly inflate the ego

Dobber Sports Ninja

Luck. Why do some people seem luckier than others. Why do some people seem to have the worst luck. Does attitude play a role? I tend to be a glass half full (it's usually half full of beer as well!) kind of guy and I try to make the best of what others might consider bad or unfair situations. I see others in the same business as me who end up with crappy job after crappy job often in a place they don't want to be. I often end up in jobs I ask for. I don't brown nose or have any friends in high places, so that's off the table. I do believe you often make your own luck, but I truly believe that dumb luck exists. Anyone have any theories?