Thread: Upgrading Defense: Subban, Josi, Buff, and more

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Upgrading Defense: Subban, Josi, Buff, and more

Looking ahead to Barkov's return as it takes a long time in my league to get deals done. I'll need to free up a F spot and I'm not really buying CBJ keeping it up for the year, so I wanna sell high on Atkinson.

Looking to package Atkinson + Yandle for an upgrade on D. I was considering buying low on Subban or Josi but both are struggling and are now injured. Are the Preds a risk in general? To be honest I can't see them stringing together wins this season. Correct me if you've got reason to believe otherwise.

So options for D upgrade are one of the Preds duo, or I could toss an offer to the Weber or Buff owners just to see what they think. It's a long shot. What do you guys think? Are any of these reasonable trades and am I leaving a target out?

Thanks for any input
    1-year, 8-team, Yahoo points-based league, positions as follows:

C(2): Pavelski (RW), Kopitar, Kadri
    LW(2): Gaudreau, Forsberg, Hoffman
    RW(2): Kucherov, Simmonds, Atkinson, Stone
    D(4):
    Burns, Doughty, Krug, Yandle, Fowler
    G(2): Crawford, Bishop, Budaj
    IR: Barkov
    IR+: Galchenyuk

Player points: G: 20, A: 15, +/-: 5, PIM: 2, SOG: 1, SHP: 20, GWG: 10, hit: 0.5, block: 1
    Goalie points: W: 25, L: -5, Sv: 1, GA: -5, SO: 50

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Upgrading Defense: Subban, Josi, Buff, and more

I mean I'm biased towards the Preds guys, but if you're competing then trading for injured guys may not be your best bet. You're not prying away Burns or Karlsson. Letang and Carlson are also injured. So your best targets are probably Buff and OEL. I would inquire about both of them first.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I'm biased towards the Preds guys, but if you're competing then trading for injured guys may not be your best bet. You're not prying away Burns or Karlsson. Letang and Carlson are also injured. So your best targets are probably Buff and OEL. I would inquire about both of them first.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Default Re: Upgrading Defense: Subban, Josi, Buff, and more

What's the current owners saying?
    Experience is the teacher of all things.