Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Where will Fleury get traded?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Where will Fleury get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Bishop isn't better than Fleury IMO. Fleury is only two years older and has proven a heck of a lot more.

Also, they won't be able to just draft Bishop either.

I think the Penguins should keep Fleury and move Murray. Goalie isn't an important position IMO, you can find one anywhere.
    You're contradicting yourself. Murray is almost half the price. No asset is more valuable to Pittsburgh than cap space right now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You're contradicting yourself. Murray is almost half the price. No asset is more valuable to Pittsburgh than cap space right now.
    Why do they need the space? I don't think they'd lose anybody important if they kept Fleury over Murray.

Why do they need the space? I don't think they'd lose anybody important if they kept Fleury over Murray.
    The difference is basically keeping 1 of Schultz/Daley or keeping neither.

Banned

The difference is basically keeping 1 of Schultz/Daley or keeping neither.
    Well, I don't think they are too important. I respect your opinion if you think they are.

Dobber Sports Genius

Just thinking out loud here, Fleury has a 12 team no trade list. Vegas would not be on that list so at what point can McPhee start trade talks with other teams?

I've heard it suggested that teams could make trades to ensure in the expansion that Vegas takes anyone but player X, which sounds like collusion to me but whatever, maybe it isn't. Anyway, could Pittsburg agree to trade Fleury to Vegas for cheap, a 4th round pick for example, as long as Vegas selects anyone but Murray?

Edit: Wouldn't neccecarily need to be Fleury traded either, could be someone else, that way they could go back into next season with both.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Well, I don't think they are too important. I respect your opinion if you think they are.
    I personally believe Schultz has developed into a 4. Not more than a 4, but a legit 4, and I think Pittsburgh needs to re-sign him because of Letang's injury history and propensity. Schultz is the only other player with that kind of skill set, and I think a top 4 of Letang-Dumoulin-Maatta-Schultz is decent/respectable. Daley isn't that important.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Just thinking out loud here, Fleury has a 12 team no trade list. Vegas would not be on that list so at what point can McPhee start trade talks with other teams?

I've heard it suggested that teams could make trades to ensure in the expansion that Vegas takes anyone but player X, which sounds like collusion to me but whatever, maybe it isn't. Anyway, could Pittsburg agree to trade Fleury to Vegas for cheap, a 4th round pick for example, as long as Vegas selects anyone but Murray?
    If they did that, they wouldn't need Vegas to agree to not take Murray, as they could then protect Murray.

Vegas is in business as of March 1, 2017 provided they make their final payment, and as such is eligible to be active on NHL trade deadline day.

Banned

So Vegas can trade for players and they would sit out for over six months?

So Vegas can trade for players and they would sit out for over six months?
    That is how I understand it yes. But there will also be agreements like "you trade us a second and we won't take Murray when you have to leave him exposed". I assume. I dunno. None of us really know the rules, but it is my understanding they can actively participate in trade deadline day.

Dobber Sports Genius

I personally believe Schultz has developed into a 4. Not more than a 4, but a legit 4, and I think Pittsburgh needs to re-sign him because of Letang's injury history and propensity. Schultz is the only other player with that kind of skill set, and I think a top 4 of Letang-Dumoulin-Maatta-Schultz is decent/respectable. Daley isn't that important.

If they did that, they wouldn't need Vegas to agree to not take Murray, as they could then protect Murray.

Vegas is in business as of March 1, 2017 provided they make their final payment, and as such is eligible to be active on NHL trade deadline day.
    I added one little bit to the end of my last post as I can't see anyone trading a player that could help a playoff run into what would be a form of hockey purgatory.

I was thinking more of a future considerations kind of deal or something like a good prospect or pick for cheap.

- - - Updated - - -

That is how I understand it yes. But there will also be agreements like "you trade us a second and we won't take Murray when you have to leave him exposed". I assume. I dunno. None of us really know the rules, but it is my understanding they can actively participate in trade deadline day.
    This is along the lines of what I was thinking. But yeah, the rules don't seem particularly clear on all of that though.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I think this kind of act, forcing a team to keep you no matter what and toss out the golden boy who won the Cup last year, while simultaneously sporting a 3.23 GAA/ .904 Sv% line is going to do more than ruffle feathers. I was under the impression that the Pens could put Fleury on buyout waivers and he could still be claimed (which I think he would be). I could certainly be wrong though, I am not an expert on contract minutae. Also, I think on your list that Buffalo, and a slight possibility of St. Louis, could be interested in dealing for MAF. Looks like it could really get messy and create an awful lot of drama. Looking at the big picture and a little ways down the road, I wonder if this situation might affect the Collective Bargaining Agreement. If Fleury were to go Clausewitzian and wage total war against Pens ownership, I could see the league wanting to modify the No Move Clause as one of their demands for the next lockout that is on the horizon.
    I think you are taking the side of the Pens here without really looking at it from Fleury's side. The Pens didn't have to give him a long term contract with a NMC and a partial NTC. They chose to do it in order to retain his services, so why should they not have to honor it if he wants to do everything that is within his power and his rights contractually to stay? Is the onus really on him to be accommodating to them?

Unrelated, do you play NHL 17 on Xbox One? I played a game last night with someone whose player's name in the box scores was D. Glatt and it got me wondering. lol

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding this... According to CapFriendly, MAF has a M-NTC (Modified No Trade - 18 teams), AS WELL AS, a NMC (no move)... to me that indicates that the Penguins would not be able to demote him, ie, put him through waivers if he doesn't play ball with the trade. 18 teams is a lot, but what stops him from conveniently leaving out Dallas, Winnipeg, and 10 other teams in need of a starting goalie.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Unrelated, do you play NHL 17 on Xbox One? I played a game last night with someone whose player's name in the box scores was D. Glatt and it got me wondering. lol
    That's the name of the guy from the GOON movie right? Probably pretty common in hockey circles.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    That's the name of the guy from the GOON movie right? Probably pretty common in hockey circles.
    Is it? I learn something new every day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    Correct me if I'm misunderstanding this... According to CapFriendly, MAF has a M-NTC (Modified No Trade - 18 teams), AS WELL AS, a NMC (no move)... to me that indicates that the Penguins would not be able to demote him, ie, put him through waivers if he doesn't play ball with the trade. 18 teams is a lot, but what stops him from conveniently leaving out Dallas, Winnipeg, and 10 other teams in need of a starting goalie.
    depends what the list was submitted (he may have had to submit on July 1)

Dobber Sports Ninja

I could see the Islanders being a decent match for a trade, but I somehow doubt Fleury would want to go there. Maybe Halak coming back at a reduced cost as playoff insurance? NYI has some interesting young talent that PIT might like. I dunno, just spitballin' here.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket