Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Va-sieve-lesky

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've had Vasilevskiy ahead of guys like Hellebuyck, Gibson, and Murray for some time now and haven't wavered from that train of thought. I haven't seen enough from the others to move me from that train of thought either. I like all those guys but I have always prefered Vasilevskiy just a little more.
    I agree, if I could only have one then it would be Vasi. Gibson and Murray are both very nice young goalies too and in the same tier for me. Gibson's injury issues are a bit unsettling but when he is healthy he is great. Hellebuyck is a tier below the other three for me until he can show a bit more consistency, and until his team can be a bit better defensively.

The Great One

Default Re: Va-sieve-lesky

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I've had Vasilevskiy ahead of guys like Hellebuyck, Gibson, and Murray for some time now and haven't wavered from that train of thought. I haven't seen enough from the others to move me from that train of thought either. I like all those guys but I have always prefered Vasilevskiy just a little more.
    I agree and for the record Im on this side of the argument- lol! Im just saying it wasnt all smooth sailing this season- there was (and likely still are) some question marks around his emergence. But yea- I do actually agree- I had him a little out ahead of the rest of the emerging young goalies in the field this year. The wins are nice and it would be absolutely fantastic if we are watching him take his first steps towards being a truly elite tender...