Thread: Quick Going Forward?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Quick Going Forward?

I have an offer that's close to being completed of Backstrom, Kessel, Weresnki, MAF for Tavares and Quick. My biggest concern is if Quick will continue to be a tier 1 goaltender or not. In all honesty I feel Tavares and Backstrom are close to the same value. If you look at career numbers its hard to argue that. Slight edge to Tavares on age and perceived value though. After that the trade would be Kessel, Werenski and MAF for Quick. This is why I am concerned.

Let me know your thoughts?
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Quick Going Forward?

I wouldn't do that...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

MAF will be traded.

Werenski is the real thing!

Kessel is still proving he can score.

We don't know if Quick will be the same when he comes back.

The difference between JT et Backstrom isn't big enough to proceed.

- - - Updated - - -

MAF will be traded.

Werenski is the real thing!

Kessel is still proving he can score.

We don't know if Quick will be the same when he comes back.

The difference between JT et Backstrom isn't big enough to proceed.

Dobber Sports Expert

I think you win on Tavares over Backstrom.

I wouold not do this deal.

IMO, Werenski should balance out Quick. Actually, I may prefer Werenski.

If you could change Yandle for Werenski, it might make more sense: Kessel, Yandle, MAF for Quick.

Even so, I think this is a huge overpayment, and I would be inclined to remove the D from the conversation completely and make it Kessel, Backstrom, MAF for Tavares and Quick.

Honestly, I don't like that either.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you win on Tavares over Backstrom.

I wouold not do this deal.

IMO, Werenski should balance out Quick. Actually, I may prefer Werenski.

If you could change Yandle for Werenski, it might make more sense: Kessel, Yandle, MAF for Quick.

Even so, I think this is a huge overpayment, and I would be inclined to remove the D from the conversation completely and make it Kessel, Backstrom, MAF for Tavares and Quick.

Honestly, I don't like that either.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't consider Quick a tier 1 goalie, so there's no way I touch this. He's certainly not in Price/Holtby range, and he is largely a product of the Kings system.

He's an above average NHL goalie who gets tons of starts, and plays on a team with a good defensive system. How he recovers is a huge factor for a guy who has good talent, but isn't exceptional in any way except durability.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Wow. Tavares stock has really fallen eh? I am trying to solidify my goalies but I will back away from this trade now. I could trade with the Stamkos owner for a similar package. Would Stamkos/Talbot for Backstrom, Kessel, Yandle and MAF be better?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

For me, it's not that Tavares' stock has fallen, but it's that the following is true, looking at both your deals:

Backstrom ≈ Tavares ≈ Stamkos

Kessel, Yandle, MAF >> Quick.
    Kessel, Yandle, MAF >> Talbot.

I have no idea which of those 3 goalies has the most value in your league the next 2 years. Beyond that, it should be Talbot, and this year it's either Talbot or MAF, as Quick is very much a question mark.

I'd try to do something simpler where it's not a 4 for 2 (or essentially being a 3 for 1, as the Tavares deal) where the guys you are giving up are all significant and potential keepers, while you get no sure fire keeper back.

I'd try to do something simpler where it's not a 4 for 2 (or essentially being a 3 for 1, as the Tavares deal) where the guys you are giving up are all singificant and potential keepers, while you get no sure fire keeper back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

I consider Quick a work horse but not a tier 1... I I I ally I thought you were receiving the MAF side and it's a no brainer especially if you are planning for next season. Personally I hold on the packages you are offering until we see how the goalie carousel unfolds for next season - Fleury has been back on form lately so the right landing spot may see you have a ice bounce back asset
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Genius

Thanks Guys!