Thread: Which goalie should I keep for next season? and trade advice!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Which goalie should I keep for next season? and trade advice!

I'm trying to take an early look at my goalies (Crawford and Talbot) and trying to decide which goalie I should keep for next season. My team is currently in 10th out of 12 (booooo) and there is a manager in first, wanting to acquire a goalie for a playoff run to try and win it all. If i decide to trade one, which one would you trade?

Also, the deal that he has offered for one of my tenders is:

He gets: Crawford or Talbot, and my last round pick (11th)

I get: Duchene, 2nd round pick
    (Team and scoring details in SIG)

It is also a possibility to keep both my tenders for next year as part of my 6 keepers.

Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks in advance!
    12 Team / Yahoo / Head-to-Head / Points league / 6 Man Keeper

G=3, A=2, +/-=0.5, PIM=0.5, PPG=1, PPA=1, SHG=1, GWG=2, SOG=0.1

W=3, GA=-1, SV=0.2, SHO=5

Roster positions: Cx2, LWx2, RWx2, Dx4, G, BNx6, IR

My keepers:

C: Scheifele
    LW: Tkachuk
    RW: Tarasenko, Point
    D: Hedman
    G: Rask
    IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Which goalie should I keep for next season? and trade advice!

Crawford is the better goalie here; both in talent and situation. I would also definitely be keeping Crawford in a keep 6, but likely not Talbot.

I would not be accepting Duchene + 2nd for either of those guys. That second round pick will be, what, 24th'ish overall? After 72 guys are kept, that puts you at about pick 96. Furthermore, I do not see Duchene being a keeper for you, so this is a trade that tremendously helps him, but offers you very little to not benefit; either for this year or for the future. If he wants to do the classic "rental player" trade to push for a championship, then he needs to pay for it. Your season isn't going anywhere this year, so that payment will have to be for future benefits. I'm thinking at least one, solid young player who would be a keeper for you, plus 1st and 2nd round picks. If he's not interested in doing that, I don't think that you would have a hard time shopping either Crawford of Talbot around.

- - - Updated - - -

Crawford is the better goalie here; both in talent and situation. I would also definitely be keeping Crawford in a keep 6, but likely not Talbot.

I would not be accepting Duchene + 2nd for either of those guys. That second round pick will be, what, 24th'ish overall? After 72 guys are kept, that puts you at about pick 96. Furthermore, I do not see Duchene being a keeper for you, so this is a trade that tremendously helps him, but offers you very little to not benefit; either for this year or for the future. If he wants to do the classic "rental player" trade to push for a championship, then he needs to pay for it. Your season isn't going anywhere this year, so that payment will have to be for future benefits. I'm thinking at least one, solid young player who would be a keeper for you, plus 1st and 2nd round picks. If he's not interested in doing that, I don't think that you would have a hard time shopping either Crawford of Talbot around.

Dobber Sports Titan

Duchene is not a keeper for you, so don't bother with him. You want a keeper level guys or top picks. For a goalie of this level you should be getting a first rounder and likely a little more. I would trade whichever goalie gets you more return in the deal.
    You have the power though. If you don't get a good deal, then let him know that maybe 2nd place could offer you more (and get in tough with the other top teams about your goalies to drive up the price). You could also keep both with Scheifele, Carlson, Perry and Kessel, which would be just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Duchene is not a keeper for you, so don't bother with him. You want a keeper level guys or top picks. For a goalie of this level you should be getting a first rounder and likely a little more. I would trade whichever goalie gets you more return in the deal.
    You have the power though. If you don't get a good deal, then let him know that maybe 2nd place could offer you more (and get in tough with the other top teams about your goalies to drive up the price). You could also keep both with Scheifele, Carlson, Perry and Kessel, which would be just fine.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

agree with Eskimo, the forward has to be more premier peace, this person trying to sell you on Duchene's name.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov