Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Mantha

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Monster Mantha

Beast. That is all.

The Great One

Default Re: Monster Mantha

But needs to be better defensively, as do most young players breaking in, to ensure he continues to get plenty of ice time
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I just picked him up. What do you see his projections for this year?
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    But needs to be better defensively, as do most young players breaking in, to ensure he continues to get plenty of ice time
    Agree will Sulla....Mantha was reason Marner scored his goal in the game today.

I made a choice of T.Teravainen over Mantha when picking up a player to fill out my roster today.
    10 Team 5 Keeper Roto....Stats are:G,A,+/-,HITS,PPP,SOG,FW and W,SO,GAA,SV%:

C-A.Barkov,V.Trochek,B.Horvat
    RW-A.Svechkinov(LW),T.Bertuzzi(LW),P.Laine(LW)
    LW-B.Marchand,E.Kane(RW),B.Schenn(RW/C)
    F-L.Couture(C)
    D-K.Letang,D.Nurse,M.Seider,N.Pionk
    G-I.Shesterkin.C.Hellebuyck
    BEN-E.Merzlikins(G),K.Kahkonen(G),J.Bratt(LW/RW),T.Toffoli(LW/RW),B.Jenner(LW/C),R.Andersson(D)
    IR-J.Vrana(LW),N.Ehlers(RW/LW)

Dobber Sports Sage

Who cares about defense, its fantasy. Besides, Mantha is +10 in 22 games so I dont think he is much of a liability anyway. I pounced on an opportunity to trade for him a while back and its been nothing but happy times. Have had a lot of injuries lately and he has filled the stat sheets admirably for some big names I am currently missing. His past five games show that he is becoming Detroit's #1 offensive weapon. Hurry and pick him up if you are lucky enough to be in a league where he is still a free agent.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would pull back on the reigns just a little here.. Great game today though..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah I am sure Detroit is quite pleased with his +10 through 22 games. And his goal scoring is desperately needed there. As long as he keeps doing what he is doing I think he will keep getting plenty of ice time. Too early to pencil him in as a perennial 30+ goal scorer, but the potential is very much there.

In my league we don't get a farm, so when it comes to prospects I am always looking to catch lightning in a bottle. No time to be patient with guys who aren't producing. Last year I drafted panarin and ehlers, and picked up draisaitl off waivers. This year I picked up werenski, Rantanen and Mantha off waivers. By this time next year if those three pan out to be anywhere even near the level that panarin ehlers and draisaitl have reached at this point, I will be beyond thrilled.

Dobber Sports Expert

If only he'd use his size and add some grit to his game. Otherwise enjoy him in your points leagues

- - - Updated - - -

Lol always getting this when I post

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol always getting this when I post

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This post is a duplicate of a post that you have posted in the last five minutes.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am picking him up first thing tomorrow morning. His numbers are great and I watched him play today and he really is a beast....very impressed...
    12 team - 12 keeper Dynasty league H2H
    --------------------------------------------------
    Stats : G A PTS +\- PPP SOG FOW Hits, Blocks, Wins GAA save % Shutout

LW: Gaudreau, Domi, RNH
    C: Mackinnon, Point, Getzlaf
    RW: Kane, Aho, Donato
    D: Hedmen, Subban, Krug, Nurse, Gustafsson

Goalie : Vasilevskiy, Bennington

Dobber Sports Deity

I've been saying for some time now, the kid is a legit offensive player. Just because he didn't break into the league with guns-a-blazin' didn't mean it wasn't going to happen at some point. Some players take a bit longer to adjust to the pro game coming out of Jr.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Ive seen him a few times now and he is typically reliable defensively, although was not today, overall he has been. Offensively he has been terrific so far.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Added him for a spot start today. Think I'll be holding onto him for the time being!

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

He may not be as physical as he could be for a guy his size, but he is already contributing in G, A, +/-, SOG, and has shown signs of being a contributor in PIM (2 fights and a minor in last 6 games), as well as hits and blocks to a lesser degree. If he decides he wants to play the physical game that his size allows, he could be a multi-cat beast. In fairness he was at the end of a long shift when marner scored on him tonight. And marner is shifty as hell.

The Great One

DG - you're right it is fantasy but the reason why being good defensively is still a factor is that if he goes out and concedes untimely, or for that matter any, goals then a coaches willingness to throw him back out there diminishes - Bjorkstrand is a good recent example based on how he exploded on to the scene at the end of last season. TBH I don't know how good/bad defensively he has been consistently as I haven't caught many Wings game but today's game he wasn't great in the D zone
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Have loved his game all season and now he's getting some real big, important minutes. Yes the Marner goal was his fault but as mentioned he's been pretty solid defensively.