Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: For the Love of Lehner!!

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: For the Love of Lehner!!

Let me start by saying I own both CJ and Lehner. I can't trade Lehner for the life of me. He has absolutely zero fantasy value in our 10 keep league.
    If you are in a 30 keep league then I can see some value maybe but really the guy is doing nothing to earn a top 15 spot. His team stinks, he's injury prone, he's never proven to be good. What is there to like? Craig Anderson is kept every year. Lehner is drafted after most goalies are already off the board. Maybe this has a lot to do with the type of league you are in cause the only value he has in my league is that he is a goalie to put in your lineup when there is no one else.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me start by saying I own both CJ and Lehner. I can't trade Lehner for the life of me. He has absolutely zero fantasy value in our 10 keep league.
    If you are in a 30 keep league then I can see some value maybe but really the guy is doing nothing to earn a top 15 spot. His team stinks, he's injury prone, he's never proven to be good. What is there to like? Craig Anderson is kept every year. Lehner is drafted after most goalies are already off the board. Maybe this has a lot to do with the type of league you are in cause the only value he has in my league is that he is a goalie to put in your lineup when there is no one else.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ddp View Post
    If you are in a 30 keep league then I can see some value maybe but really the guy is doing nothing to earn a top 15 spot. His team stinks, he's injury prone, he's never proven to be good. What is there to like? Craig Anderson is kept every year. Lehner is drafted after most goalies are already off the board. Maybe this has a lot to do with the type of league you are in
    That's exactly my point!!

Why is it like that when the stats contradict just that?

the only value he has in my league is that he is a goalie to put in your lineup when there is no one else.
    If anything, that statement is most true when talking about Craig Anderson.

Lehner has top 10 individual goaltending stats (SV%) and is on the up and up (starts will only increase and wins will eventually follow -- how many goalies born in the 90s can say they've been in the league for 4+ years now??) while guys like Anderson are putting up average stats at best. GS is the only cat he has does well in (and I guess Saves goes hand in hand but) - that is just one of (in most cases) four or five categories most leagues count. You could argue wins (where he's floating around 50% of games played over the last few years). He's been average to bottom of the table when it comes to GAA. SV% is a wash... the less he plays the better it looks.

Sure he's started a lot more than Lehner over the past 3 years but he is also 9 years older. The rankings are suppose to represent keeper league value. Anderson's only value lies within him winning half of his starts... That's pretty much it though. There certainly is little to no value in his GAA and SV% (ok, maybe one or two seasons he had avg to above avg SV% but)... Lehner, on the other hand, has posted some exceptional SV% seasons considering his age and, again, is finally #1 on a rapidly rebuilding Buffalo Sabres team that should contend with Toronto, WPG and EDM for years to come.

Maybe I'm missing something... maybe I'm just crazy...
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Sage

LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Genius

haha, thats awesome! He is crazy.

Dobber Sports Genius

haha, thats awesome! He is crazy.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lehner has yet to do anything that puts him anywhere near the top 15 for fantasy goalies IMO. The only thing he has going for him is his age and the fact that he still has time to possibly turn into something down the road.

As it stands right now, it looks like a terrible trade for Buffalo and Tim Murray considering what they gave up to get Lehner.

- - - Updated - - -

Lehner has yet to do anything that puts him anywhere near the top 15 for fantasy goalies IMO. The only thing he has going for him is his age and the fact that he still has time to possibly turn into something down the road.

As it stands right now, it looks like a terrible trade for Buffalo and Tim Murray considering what they gave up to get Lehner.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not saying he's top 15 - yet.

I'm saying... how the hell is he ranked 28th when guys like Steve Mason are ranked 14th (or Chad Johnson 25th). At the very least he should be right behind Vasilevskiy (24th - should be higher too) at 25th.

As far as doing anything yet... he's done more than Markstrom (ranked 26th) who is a year older, in a worse (short-long-term) situation in Vancouver, and has never come close to putting up the SV%'s Lehner has... seriously!! A year older and he's got an incredible .905% through 100 games in the NHL. How can you rank that higher than .917% through 131 games??? How is Markstrom even still in the NHL?? How can you be that big and that bad AND ranked higher than Robin Lehner??? What did Lehner do to deserve such a big slap in the face?

If I'm joining a brand new keeper league Lehner certainly would not end up being the 3rd last starting goalie on my ranking sheet. There are at least 5 (maybe 10) goalies I'd rank lower than him for this year alone (for multi-cat leagues that count W, GAA, S, SV% and SO).

Always been a fan, always will be, I guess. Oh look... he's injured again. Scratch everything I said and move him out of the top 30!!!
    RW
    D
    G

Administrator

I agree I'd have him a couple spots higher but it's certainly not worth this level of a rant. lol

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Just showing some love!
    RW
    D
    G